Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Classify me? Black American from North Carolina

Last Online
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    50% Iberian (+ West Asian shift), 47.2% Niger-Congolese, 2.8% Amerindian
    Ancestry
    Iberian Peninsula, West Africa, Central Africa and Brazil.
    Country
    Brazil
    Y-DNA
    R-S47/R-Z46, R-U152 (Northern Italy & Western Europe)
    mtDNA
    L2a1c1, L2 (North, West & Central Africa)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Gracilized Sudanid.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,926
    Given: 1,831

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    I'm not even black (well only 3%) and I feel highly offended by this.
    I am indeed pretty black (lol) and I found it funny actually. But it could be because here in Brazil both blacks and whites use the word Nêga(o) (same pronounciation as nigga and "same" meaning) kinda like I hear black people from the USA using it amongst each other. It still a bit weird for me but even some whites here use it with other white people (especially women) .
    Full Ethnicity Breakdowns:
    Spoiler!

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurafricanid View Post
    I am indeed pretty black (lol) and I found it funny actually. But it could be because here in Brazil both blacks and whites use the word Nêga(o) (same pronounciation as nigga and "same" meaning) kinda like I hear black people from the USA using it amongst each other, it still a bit weird for me but even some whites here use it with other white people (especially women) .
    The U.S has ridiculous labels like the one drop rule, also personally I would never use the N word to a black person In real even If I was half SSA still disrespectful etc.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    50% Iberian (+ West Asian shift), 47.2% Niger-Congolese, 2.8% Amerindian
    Ancestry
    Iberian Peninsula, West Africa, Central Africa and Brazil.
    Country
    Brazil
    Y-DNA
    R-S47/R-Z46, R-U152 (Northern Italy & Western Europe)
    mtDNA
    L2a1c1, L2 (North, West & Central Africa)
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Gracilized Sudanid.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,926
    Given: 1,831

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    The U.S has ridiculous labels like the one drop rule, also personally I would never use the N word to a black person In real even If I was half SSA still disrespectful etc.
    Yeah, I whouldn't use it in english, because even though I am a direct descendant of slaves, just like them (and even taken from the same places as them) it's part of their culture, not mine, so i'll respect it, here in Brazil the word negro (btw it's mostly used like the english equivalent, because, different from Spanish and similar to english, in Portuguese we have another word for black (the actual color), which is "preto" and it's also used to reffer to black people just like english) and it's variations are not as stigmatized at all and everyone calls blacks "negros" and "nêgos" (same as niggas as I just said), some women (black and white) use it with the meaning of "bitch", though (not the actual word, but the way girl friends use it with each other) .
    Full Ethnicity Breakdowns:
    Spoiler!

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,000
    Given: 12,785

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    That's a plausible reason but not the only reason. The Penal laws restricting rights to non-Anglicans and high rents of English landlords in Ulster that caused their mass migration may have been the ultimate reason for their anti-Britishness, considering most of their migration to America was only within a lifetime before the Revolution. That's something they have in common with Catholic Irish Americans a century later.
    The assumption is that people will risk what they were able to build for themselves and their lives over a grievance that no longer affected them and is therefore no longer detrimental to their lives. "I'm mad cuz daddy got pushed out of Ireland" makes far less sense than "I'm mad because you're cutting off access to new land and you're adding taxes."

The fact is there was no desire for independence before restrictions and taxes were added. And when I say 'that's a fact,' I do mean that's a fact. It's not an opinion. Your assumption is contradicted by the positive colonial attitude toward the crown before major legal changes were made that would affect their lives.

And needless to say you are retarded CFG. Nobody, black or white, cares or can discern whether a black American's white quarter or fifth is Irish, Scottish or English. It makes no difference.
    The topic of admixture is relevant to the OP. You can have an idea based on the region of the country, even to the point of whether it's more likely English or Scots-Irish.

The admixture is more likely between 5% to 25%, depending on the area, of course. My previous figure was not correct.

Please put me back on ignore. I hate making a point but then a fool comes back at me only for me to embarrass them. It's an education for you but a waste of time for me.
    Last edited by Colonel Frank Grimes; 08-12-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,703
    Given: 1,598

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosius View Post
    It's obvious from your skin tone alone that you have European ancestry - African Americans have 24% on average, so it's not surprising. You think you "just look black" because what you conceive of as "black" is actually black with mild to moderate European admixture.

The Irish dominated settlement of Appalachia, so if you're from rural NC, Irish is indeed a likely candidate.

Can't speak to Choctaw ancestry. It's plausible but not really apparent from your appearance.
    Such an ignorant comment. You don't need to be as dark as night to be 100% Black/African.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information