20 August is one of the oldest Hungarian holidays: the day of King Saint Stephen(first crowned king of Hungary, who was canonized at 20th August 1083), the founding of the Hungarian state and the commemoration of the thousand-year continuity of the state. It is also the celebration of harvest, and the new bread.

How is it celebrated?(Hungarian members, if I made mistake here/or I missed something significant feel free to reply)

The flag in the parlament is raised and some military parade takes place in Budapest.

At the Parliament, visitors have the opportunity to visit the ceremonial staircase, the Dome Hall and the Holy Crown between 10 AM and 6 PM.

During the day, the Order of Saint Stephen will be presented, and in the afternoon, as is customary, a festive mass will be celebrated in the Saint Stephen Basilica in Central Budapest. In addition, commemorations, masses and bread festivals are planned in many municipalities across the country.

For example the traditional Flower Carnival takes place in Debrecen.

In the evening at 9 PM starts the fireworks show in the Budapest to end the day. The show takes around half hour.

To all Hungarians I wish a good St. Stephens Day and let your country survive next centuries with glory