Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 660

2 Not allowed!

Post Scramble for Antarctica: The Frontage Theory

Nowadays, a few countries revindicate territories in Antactica, all of them being from Western Europe, Oceania and the Southern Cone.

One alternative method of dividing it that I’ve noticed to have quite some appeal on the Internet is the Frontage Theory (Teoria da Defrontação), proposed by Brazilian geographer scholar Therezinha de Castro and according to which sovereignty over a certain point in the continent would belong to the first country reached traveling north from that point following a meridian. It can be better visualized in the following image made by Laura Canali (https://www.limesonline.com/cartaceo...-sullantartide).

As reported by the previous website and also by A QUESTÃO TERRITORIAL ANTÁRTICA: Uma análise das teorias de ocupação, it spurred animosity from Chile and Argentina but was well received by Uruguayans, Peruvians and Ecuadorians.

If it were to be followed, this would be how Antarctica would be partitioned.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

0 Not allowed!

Something there will stop all parasitic claims, don`t ya think the non-territorial agreement about Antarctica was really out of their godamn conscience, they were stopped by our amici people under the ice. They vermins would have been annihilated if not for our buddhist bleeding heart of noble people, to survive under pity on the surface confined to assigned lands is their destiny.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Despite being a very detailed map, I don't know if it takes into account every little territory in existence, such as the Oceanic islands and the Azores, for example.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexachordia View Post
    Something there will stop all parasitic claims, don`t ya think the non-territorial agreement about Antarctica was really out of their godamn conscience
    Hard to know if it will last long, I think one day or another countries will want to claim territories there as theirs.
    they were stopped by our amici people under the ice. They vermins would have been annihilated
    Whom are you talking about? And could you tell me if in China there are any kind of talks about Antarctica?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Æğelfriş View Post
    Hard to know if it will last long, I think one day or another countries will want to claim territories there as theirs.

Whom are you talking about? And could you tell me if in China there are any kind of talks about Antarctica?
    Cmon, it is an open secret that Antarctica is not an empty land she seems to be on the surface. There have been many serious and scary matters happening upon that frozen landmass being covered up by major governments of the world. There are spiritual kingdoms under the crusts and icey glaciers of Earth. It is said in chinese urban legends that only a few highly trained Tibetan and Buddhist monks can go visit them and get back safe(To stay there? have not heard of it before). My religion can reveal a few things about amici races, on a certain point in near future, they will come for a few choosen people that is all. I like life on surface more, to keep an eye on the zionist parasites as well. Colonizing Antactica is just impossible, somebody must have drugged latin americans with this lie, maybe as a sacrifice to the portals there, let them come to you, if the "friends"need people. Don`t go on ones own interest.
    Last edited by Hexachordia; 08-21-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There are some places that are more than geopolitical interests, like Israel for Europe, in spite of it being occupied by atheist jews; also Ukraine for Russia and Tibet and Xinjiang for China. We have bled and will continue to bleed for these lands because of spiritual bondages, not just geopolitical priviledges. But Antarctica for whom? Nobody has any historical or religious relevance up to this time to claim Antarctica, but this time you can be sure that Russia, China, canada, The USA are vying for Arctic trade routes. Yet no one dares to lay exclusive interests on Antarctica, however some vital areas are controlled by the US army. But there are some silent protocols of vast international co-operations on Antarctican researches. How come anyone should claim those lands like Philippines claims islets on South China Sea backed by CIA? You know this proxified claims mean for hell. Does it not sound fishy for you?

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, some countries have research stations there, including China, and while people don't really live there permanently I don't think those stations will cease to exist. On the contrary, I think countries might use such presences to expand their occupation and claim territories there.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Cmon, it is an open secret that Antarctica is not an empty land she seems to be on the surface. There have been many serious and scary matters happening upon that frozen landmass being covered up by major governments of the world. There are spiritual kingdoms under the crusts and icey glaciers of Earth. It is said in chinese urban legends that only a few highly trained Tibetan and Buddhist monks can go visit them and get back safe(To stay there? have not heard of it before). My religion can reveal a few things about amici races, on a certain point in near future, they will come for a few choosen people that is all. I like life on surface more, to keep an eye on the zionist parasites as well. Colonizing Antactica is just impossible, somebody must have drugged latin americans with this lie, maybe as a sacrifice to the portals there, let them come to you, if the "friends"need people. Don`t go on ones own interest.
    Which urban legends?
    I can see you don't like Latin Americans but why do say cryptic things and then dissappear without explaining them?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Romance, a tad of Germanic influence
    Ethnicity
    Oriundo italiano
    Ancestry
    1/2 potentino, 1/4 zaragozano, 1/8 teramano, 1/16 Aargauer, 1/16 tanteño
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Piemonte
    Y-DNA
    R-Z209
    Taxonomy
    Mostly mix between Pontid and North Atlantid
    Politics
    Nationalism by right of blood
    Religion
    Baptised Catholic, both Deist and Calvinist tendencies
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 145

1 Not allowed!

Nice post, I certainly hope I'm alive to see the scramble for Antarctica, I'd like to go to that continent some day, I think it should be divided and colonised the way Therezinha de Castro said, only by countries in the Southern Hemisphere though, just like the North Pole is only colonised by countries in the Northern Hemisphere. I also think Chile and Argentina are very stupid, they should work together to make their claims stronger and get the Brits out of there, it just makes no sense to have Northern Europeans colonising Antarctica, also based on history I think the Argentine claim is the strongest so I hope most of the Antarctic Peninsula goes to Argentina, especially since being so northern they'll be able to colonise it more easily than the rest of Antarctica that is too close to the South Pole and extremely cold.

Viscount of Sabugosa
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Chimera
    Ethnicity
    Frankenstein's Creature
    Ancestry
    Elwetritsch
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Südatlantid/Pamp(as)id
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Karakara Teufel View Post
    Nice post, I certainly hope I'm alive to see the scramble for Antarctica, I'd like to go to that continent some day, I think it should be divided and colonised the way Therezinha de Castro said, only by countries in the Southern Hemisphere though, just like the North Pole is only colonised by countries in the Northern Hemisphere. I also think Chile and Argentina are very stupid, they should work together to make their claims stronger and get the Brits out of there, it just makes no sense to have Northern Europeans colonising Antarctica, also based on history I think the Argentine claim is the strongest so I hope most of the Antarctic Peninsula goes to Argentina, especially since being so northern they'll be able to colonise it more easily than the rest of Antarctica that is too close to the South Pole and extremely cold.
    Thanks! I kinda understand Argentina's and Chile's position as they were the first to go there, at least among Latin Americans, but they were very selfish. I do think they'd benefit from having their neighbors there as you said, because they'd probably stand by their side such as on the territorial dispute with the UK as can be seen from the first image.

Thread Information