Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,330
    Given: 9,886

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    The only nationalist minority I saw on the links I posted was the Romanian one, about 50 to 100 people trying to disrupt the speeches. Orbán is not a minority, he is literally the head of government of Hungary who happens to be parading around with Greater Hungary scarfs and doing inflammatory speeches annually regarding Transylvania.

Transylvanian Hungarians' view regarding Romania and Romanians will always carry a skeptical bias and vice-versa for obvious reasons.

I have zero hate towards Eastern Europe by the way but you can't see above that because you're too attached to hollow terms and slogans such as "West!", "Woke!" and "LGBT!". You're a Hungarian who choose to identify as German first and foremost, literally one of the epitomes of the West, so you're not very perceptive either.
    Yeah of course, locals are not real source in the region, only a foreigner who lives 1000 km away. Dont ask peoples about their own country/region either because they are also biased, so we must ask always a foreigner. Im hungarian, who choosed german identity for fun, and not because my family is majority german that belong to a local historical minority. Just like austrians from South Tyrol are also italians who choosed german identity, transylvanian hungarians are romanians who choosed hungarian identity etc.
    Your one of the dumbest user of this forum. Rare to see such idiot.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Politics
    Independent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,178
    Given: 3,225

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybele View Post
    Did she said anything back to the Ukrainian women?
    She did say something back, I just don't remember what, haha.

In a similar scenario I would probably have a hard time, to refrain from replaying to them.
    To be honest, I would probably be the same!

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Vlach
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,238
    Given: 7,503

1 Not allowed!

That's pessimistic though.
    Do you mean no future if it stays independent?
    Yeh, independent Moldavia has no bright propspects.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ioas12 View Post
    He doesn't really like Romania that much ?
    He doesn't really like anyone, feels like

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 10:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dinaric Slav
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    mtDNA
    W1
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 219

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    There is much bigger hate between western and eastern europeans than between transylvanians.
    Are you talking about politicians or common people? Because the average western European is like this:

While our politicians give your countries billions through EU funds.
    Target: Nausevar_scaled
    Distance: 1.8437% / 0.01843713
    55.4 West_Balkan_late_antiquity_early_medieval
    43.8 Slavic
    0.8 Avar_Eurasian_steppe

Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,330
    Given: 9,886

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nausevar View Post
    Are you talking about politicians or common people?
    The last one, and im talking about my personal experience in Germany. In summer, im often in Bayern, sometimes i live there for months. Bavarians are very conservative, they dont really like foreigners. Basically they dislike balkanites, especially albanians, nowadays ukrainians are also not so popular.
    Germans are not so tolerant than many people thinks, i hear same stories from east europen guestworkers who live in West, westernes look down on them as well. In England, beating poles is popular "fun".

I have been to Romania and Slovakia many times and i did not see this chauvinism, but they were friendly. I dont say there is no any conflict, but these are separated cases and mostly nationalists beat other nationalists. My sister told me a story that they have been to north Slovakia in a school trip, they were 15-16 years old and a hungarian guy worn "Great Hungary" t-shirt and he walked among slovaks on the street and slovaks did not give a fuck about it, they did not say anything.
    And this is the reality, we live in the 21. century, most peoples dont care about nationalism or history, they do care about the schools, prices in the shop, buying a new car, watching netflix and such things. This is how the most hungarian and romanian people lives. The problem is the ultranationalist minority is very loud everywhere, and some people think these extremists, football hooligans represent the country.
    Yes i definitely think, there is much bigger hate between westernes and eastern guesworkers than in the Carpathian Basin.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

If I was a Moldovan with local consciousness, I would love Unirea with Romania and reunification of historical Moldova which is separated in two parts for now, having then some kind of cultural autonomy, being a part of greater nation. Not the Western type of negative diversity, but unity in diversity.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    European origin American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti-marxist, antimanelist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 535
    Given: 334

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    I disagree, it is extremely likely that a union with Moldova would be a burden on the Romanian economy. It's enough to draw parallels with East and West Germany. Thirty years on, East Germany is still a drain on German funds and investment and is still the least developed region of Germany. And we're talking about Germany, the largest European economy, while Romania is still nowhere near the same economic maturity. In any case, this is all hypothetical; a scenario in which Moldova joins Romania or joins the European Union without the Transnistria issue settled is virtually impossible and Moldova has only just formalized its candidacy, so it still has a long way to go to meet the accession criteria of a stable democracy and the rule of law.
    I don't think there are valid parallels with the reunification of Germany. Here's some reasons why:

1. Relative size of the economy:
    * in 1989, East German economy was 15% of the West German economy (nominal GDP)
    * in 2022, Rep of Moldova economy is 5% of the Romanian economy (nominal GDP)
    This means that relatively fewer money need to be spent by Romania to generate growth in Moldova than West Germany in East Germany.

2. People proabably don't remember, but East German economy collapsed in 1990 due to the break-up of the communist trade block. This is the reason why reunification was done at a fast pace, in the terms dictated by the West, but also at a higher cost for West Germany (which brought resentment on both sides). In contrast, 30 years later, Moldovan economy has already transitioned to capitalism. There is no impending economic collapse in Moldova, and so the unification cost would be smaller.

3. The young (below 30) in both East and West Germany considered the other as foreign. This is quite the opposite in the case of Moldova, where the young associates more and more with the Romanian culture. In Romania, both young and old consider Moldovans as Romanian, in vast majority.

4. Bringing East Germany to West German levels is harder than bringing Moldova to Romanian levels, for the simple reason that Germany has the highest level of development in Europe (once we exclude the European economies that depend on oil or tax evading schemes). Romania is far below that, which makes it a much more realistic target.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southerner
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Russia
    Politics
    Monarchism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dviz View Post
    I don't think there are valid parallels with the reunification of Germany. Here's some reasons why:

This means that relatively fewer money need to be spent by Romania to generate growth in Moldova than West Germany in East Germany.

2. People proabably don't remember, but East German economy collapsed in 1990 due to the break-up of the communist trade block. This is the reason why reunification was done at a fast pace, in the terms dictated by the West, but also at a higher cost for West Germany (which brought resentment on both sides). In contrast, 30 years later, Moldovan economy has already transitioned to capitalism. There is no impending economic collapse in Moldova, and so the unification cost would be smaller.

3. The young (below 30) in both East and West Germany considered the other as foreign. This is quite the opposite in the case of Moldova, where the young associates more and more with the Romanian culture. In Romania, both young and old consider Moldovans as Romanian, in vast majority.

4. Bringing East Germany to West German levels is harder than bringing Moldova to Romanian levels, for the simple reason that Germany has the highest level of development in Europe (once we exclude the European economies that depend on oil or tax evading schemes). Romania is far below that, which makes it a much more realistic target.
    Majority of Moldovans are not Russophobes, but those who want to be with Russia mostly massively moved here already and got Russian passport. I know good only one Moldovan, a girl from Soroca. She told nothing ties her with Romanians, she worked in Moscow in 2010s, left in 2018 and in 2020 came here and got Russian passport in a rapid procedure. Now mostly all those who reside in Moldova won't be against Unirea. I dunno what's with Aspirin, but I think he's the most rare type who opposes both, like if he belongs to ex-Communist elites who own Moldova now and don't want to give anyone a piece of pie

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-05-2023 @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    yes
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,171
    Given: 7,123

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dviz View Post

And what about transnistria and gagauzia and the pro-russia\anti unionist sentiment there is in parts of Moldova? How do you see that resolved?
    All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces
    Bright and early for the daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information