Politics
    Moral model
    Hero
    Billie Eilish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Everyone on the internet says I look midle eastern and other questions

Well I've been getting told I look middle eastern on the phenotypes subreddit, and a few other sites. It kind of surpised me, but despite this ancestry DNA says I am predominately "Northwest European"

Can anyone explain why this is? I personally don't really think I quite look like anyone. I think I might be jewish, because I have some features that only jewish people have, but yet I do not quite exactly look like the actual jews you would find, but I'm pretty sure it's because I must have from a lost tribe of israel. I haven't gotten jewish on GED match or ancestry, but on MyHeritage I got some jewish ancestry.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about genetics here, could it be that my traits that I get from jewish ancestry just be really dominant and thus this is the explanation for why it seems to be so dominant, or am I actually full on jewish and something isn't right with the tests here, either way there's a strong chance I think that my ancestors stopped believing in judaism at some point or something like that. How could something like jewish show up as northwestern European? uh, but yeah nonetheless just at a loss wondering what to think about all of this, it's kind of weird. It's pretty certain that I am jewish to some extent. People here are quite apt at classifiying people on their looks and such and that's about as far as I had gotten.
    Oh right I forgot to mention, most other ancesty tests say Northwestern, but Myheritage gives Eastern European, and out of curiosity as a result I looked at as many eastern europeans as I could, and I just don't think I look Eastern European at all, I don't think it's really possible. I think they just gave me that as being likely because I had some jewish ancestry on their test since it's believed many of the jews around are mixed with eastern european ancestry, but I look a bit different then them.

I thought my jawline for example wasn't white but I did some more research and it turns out that scottish people have pretty well defined jawlines, so that's where I get my jawline from mostly. I have a photo of someone I'm closely related to, and likey have well defined jawlines and are white.

Only here for genetics... vader's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    iberian
    Ancestry
    Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3*
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,767
    Given: 2,448

1 Not allowed!

Because phenotypes don't correlate with genotypes with perfection. Reality is way more variable than people are willing to admit (especially people on the internet discussing phenotypes).
    [1] "distance%=1.7256"

West_Iberia_IA,54.4
    Roman_Colonial,17.6
    Berber_EMA,10.8
    Germanic,10.6
    Scotland_EIA,6.6

Ex-Soviet-Canadian lone survivor of Canada Pathfinder's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-14-2023 @ 08:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    farmer
    Ethnicity
    Organic
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    Moral model
    Hero
    Billie Eilish
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well I was thinking about it some more, the farmer hypothetis explains things a lot, that a lot of the "jewish farmers" did not really survive

There's this person I'm closely related to that did a lot of research and she has a lot of scandinavian ancestry, she has one of the most verfiable backgrounds. I suppose the phenotype theory is different from genotype. I suppose I just wanted some idea as to what I look like because it was driving me nuts. You would think that maybe perhaps it is ashkenazi, but there is mixed opinions on how much the jews mary outward, though it is believed there was different major points where this happened. The farmer hypothetis makes a lot of sense though.
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 10-03-2023 at 04:44 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    farmer
    Ethnicity
    Organic
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    Moral model
    Hero
    Billie Eilish
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

A lot of really what stemmed my curiosity has been due to some type of racism or prejudice I have recieved, it was really bad like people would vaguely stalk me and follow me around and all kinds of other strange experiences and treatment. I was singled out on a constant basis and I couldn't go into public without being singled out and in close quarters I was treated really vehemetly, but largely many I have encountered have denied or ignored what I was experiencing because it's Canada, I think largely because it's so globalist, it's like a favorite to the rest of the world for some reason. I had thoughts that maybe it really is like Nazi germany (or something) and I was desperately searching for some type of explanation or clue to what I was experiencing. It got the best of me agian, my desire to try and understand what I was experiencing. I thought maybe that's what it was, people just hated the jews for no reason. But it's honestly a lot like the Soviet Union too.

The idea of tolerance just seems like a lie to me, tolerant except for a specific group. I mean, I don't think I can even speak out on the internet here. I remember I was in this jewish burrough and I even thought about asking them for their thoughts, but I remember this big rabbi guy just walked across the street and gave me this threatening glare. I remember trying to change my clothes to see if that would make a difference but I remember being laughed at in a really raucous by this random black guy and then not too long after I was being threatened by like mexicans which had happened previously, like angry mexicans close to attacking me. I've even had people try to run me over numerous times, like this blonde haired woman tried to literally run me over in her car I had to jump out of the way of a moving vehicle.

I just imagine Canadians with fire coming out of their skulls, and fuming and just thinking or saying "his race, his race, it's just so terrible UGH, so terrible"

It kind of feels like wilely coyote and the road runner too they're just like "UGHHH DAMN HIM"

It has left me kind of hating the British empire but it's probably dangerous for me to admit that here online.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    ????
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 453
    Given: 559

1 Not allowed!

If you have done a DNA test preferably 23&me. Can you post your results and maybe have you checked the traits predisposition tab for "off" and not so typical of European features? If not then there is nothing to worry, as I’ve seen you you don’t look off in Euro standards.
    Last edited by Abti; 10-03-2023 at 06:36 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    farmer
    Ethnicity
    Organic
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    Moral model
    Hero
    Billie Eilish
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Abti View Post
    If you have done a DNA test preferably 23&me. Can you post your results and maybe have you checked the traits predisposition tab for "off" and not so typical of European features? If not then there is nothing to worry, as I’ve seen you you don’t look off in Euro standards.
    I'm kind of cautious for giving away personal information online or DNA to corporations, so I won't take anymore DNA tests, I found my old GEDmatch account, I actually get med on a few of the eurogenes, but it seems as though I am mostly half northwestern european. Are you black though by any chance? it seems as though everyone else wants to say I am white but white people don't think I am actually white for certain, which leaves one with mixed feelings for various reasons.

I feel like I am repeating myself I have already stated a lot of this.

Det Nordiske Råd™approved Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of SNPA"

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:49 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    nordish
    Ethnicity
    american
    Taxonomy
    homo sapiens nordensis
    Politics
    reality>reason>rights
    Religion
    no beliefs - knowledge
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,669
    Given: 6,723

1 Not allowed!

Question how can we explain the the reaction of strangers to your appearance without seeing your appearance

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,566
    Given: 29,023

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    I'm kind of cautious for giving away personal information online or DNA to corporations, so I won't take anymore DNA tests, I found my old GEDmatch account, I actually get med on a few of the eurogenes, but it seems as though I am mostly half northwestern european. Are you black though by any chance? it seems as though everyone else wants to say I am white but white people don't think I am actually white for certain, which leaves one with mixed feelings for various reasons.

I feel like I am repeating myself I have already stated a lot of this.
    Can you post your dna results? Even is half Northwestern European the other half of your dna will have a big impact. What is your ethnicity? You have the Armenian flag but you wouldn't get half Northwestern European if you are Armenian.

There is no problem posting an image of your dna tests. What can anyone do with an image of your dna results? Anyway it is of course your choice what you post.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    farmer
    Ethnicity
    Organic
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    Moral model
    Hero
    Billie Eilish
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Can you post your dna results? Even is half Northwestern European the other half of your dna will have a big impact. What is your ethnicity? You have the Armenian flag but you wouldn't get half Northwestern European if you are Armenian.

There is no problem posting an image of your dna tests. What can anyone do with an image of your dna results? Anyway it is of course your choice what you post.
    I already posted pictures of myself, but hardly anyone comments for some reason even though I see others get more of an in-depth analysis which I find a little strange. I made sure to likewise ask others if it's because I look racially ambigious or a mixed descent but I still hardly got any replies. I know that I am not accepted by the jews as being actually jewish anymore because I cannot prove my exact lineage in a regular way.

the survelliance of the internet is a real thing, thus I don't really want to go that much into detail more then I already have. I have to ask specifically what people are expecting to know? There are other jewish ethnic groups that have not been as widely documented or have had dna collected from them so it doesn't turn up on DNA tests as much, but if Northwestern europe is showing up then it would probably be askhenazi, but I don't get ashkenazi so it's a little strange and I don't know what the other explanation would be. I don't know what the other explanation would be then for my specific appearance and features. It would make sense that I am mistaken for mediterranean, or that it shows up as a result on GEDmatch because it is believed the Garden of Eden was in mesopotamia which is considered mediterranean (but also obviously the jews lived in Rome in the past) so that would explain somewhat quite possibly. Really it's probably just a case of knowing how dominant or recessive some of my traits are.

But there's this
    "Jews trace their ancestry to tribes that inhabited the Kingdom of Judah, including Judah, Benjamin and partially Levi, while the Samaritans claim their lineage from the remaining members of Ephraim, Manasseh, and Levi who were not deported in the Assyrian captivity after the fall of Israel."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ed5.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	123593

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    farmer
    Ethnicity
    Organic
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    Moral model
    Hero
    Billie Eilish
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I am just not really the same as themAttachment 123594Attachment 123595
    Attachment 123596
    Harrison Ford is jewish and German
    This actor is mostly half northwestern european he has some eastern european ancestry as well I thougt he was part mexican, but I guess he gets his swarthy look entirely from his jewish side
    Attachment 123597

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information