Thread: I don't support Israel, but I don't support Palestinians that much either.

Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 08:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

Default I don't support Israel, but I don't support Palestinians that much either.

To most, it will appear as a "cringy enlightened centrist" post from the title, but as a Greek myself, the reason I support neither stems from very historically-based reasons...

For the Jews: I won't go to antiquity or even prior to 1945, although, they did A LOT (Hanukkah for example is the celebration of the slaughter of the Greeks from the Hasmonean revolt, and during the Greek Revolution the Jews tried to hijack it at multiple phases, just to mention that), but since 1948, when we established official and "strong" relations... The "strong" part is what makes me hate this state. Because it's not mutual. Greeks always RUN to support the Jewish state, in ALL occassions. But Israelis NEVER helped us. They did not help us when Cyprus got invaded and 1/3rd of its land, when it was Greeks who underwent all tragedy. They didn't help us at the Imia crisis, a clear violation of our sovereignty. They never have helped us with Turkey. They never provided any support, only but in name. When it comes to actions, they did completely other things from what they've preached. It's an one-sided relationship, where Israel is expected to get everything and give nothing. That's the diplomatic relations of Israel with all its allies, really.

For the Palestinians: they are the ones who are being slaughtered, let's be honest. And honestly, I feel too sorry for them. I sincerely hope this ends soon, and that they're not going to be slaughtered anymore. But I'm not sure if they will support us if we're attacked by Turkey. Why? Because Turkey fervently supports them, as well as the rest of the Islamic world. Muslims have always been hostile to us. And they won't support us in case we're attacked, especially if the aggressor state is a Muslim one, like Turkey, which has always provoked us and invaded us. Plus, why would I support the followers of a religion which was the driving force for my people to be persecuted for eons in the past? By multiple states who adopted Islam as the official policy doctrine in fact, like the Ottoman Empire, and before them, the Caliphate, which the Byzantines constantly fought with and tried to hold them back? That would be an utter betrayal to my nation's history, and my conscience.

So, as you see, there are multiple reasons, from my perspective at least, for which I support neither side. But unfortunately, the US, through Israel forcing it to be implicated, will implicate every European country with it. Even though it really doesn't concern the average European.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Tradra

1 Not allowed!

As a Christian, Israel can burn in hell for all I care, I consider it Mystery Babylon. I feel awful for the Palestinians who are being genocided.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,486
    Given: 13,199

0 Not allowed!

I think that any western or civilized person should avoid to get involved in desert affairs or anything related with people who won't eat ham.

Last Online
    11-06-2023 @ 04:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 65

0 Not allowed!

rolleyes Read a history book

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    To most, it will appear as a "cringy enlightened centrist" post from the title, but as a Greek myself, the reason I support neither stems from very historically-based reasons...

For the Jews: I won't go to antiquity or even prior to 1945, although, they did A LOT (Hanukkah for example is the celebration of the slaughter of the Greeks from the Hasmonean revolt, and during the Greek Revolution the Jews tried to hijack it at multiple phases, just to mention that),
    To me you just seem like you are obsessed with Turkey, I find it hilarious.

but since 1948, when we established official and "strong" relations... The "strong" part is what makes me hate this state. Because it's not mutual.
    Simply not true. Greece voted against the 1947 UN partition plan. Although Greece recognised Israel in 1949, they didn't have Ambassador level representation in Israel till 1990 or something. They just had a representative of Greece prior to this (below Ambassador level representation).

Greeks always RUN to support the Jewish state, in ALL occassions.
    Greece was quite friendly with Arab states and the PLO prior to the 1990s.

But Israelis NEVER helped us.
    Why do people need to help Greece? Actually Israel helped Greece in the aftermath of the 1953 Kefalonia earthquake.
    They did not help us when Cyprus got invaded and 1/3rd of its land, when it was Greeks who underwent all tragedy.
    Are you kiding? The actions of the Greek junta led to the current status quo in Cyprus.

They didn't help us at the Imia crisis, a clear violation of our sovereignty. They never have helped us with Turkey.
    Oh yeah? Things are that clear cut are they? A few uninhabited rocks whose ownership is disputed. What on earth did you expect Israel or anyone for that matter to do during the Imia/Kardak crisis?

They never provided any support, only but in name. When it comes to actions, they did completely other things from what they've preached. It's an one-sided relationship, where Israel is expected to get everything and give nothing. That's the diplomatic relations of Israel with all its allies, really.
    They've helped you in the aftermath of Earthquakes, sold weapons to you, have energy pacts with you. What more do you want?

For the Palestinians: they are the ones who are being slaughtered, let's be honest. And honestly, I feel too sorry for them. I sincerely hope this ends soon, and that they're not going to be slaughtered anymore.
    I can agree with you on that.

But I'm not sure if they will support us if we're attacked by Turkey. Why? Because Turkey fervently supports them, as well as the rest of the Islamic world.
    Why would Turkey just attack Greece? The real world isn't a computer game, this isn't Europa Universalis.

The Palestinians are struggling for their own existence, they are hardly in the position to support others.

Muslims have always been hostile to us. And they won't support us in case we're attacked, especially if the aggressor state is a Muslim one, like Turkey, which has always provoked us and invaded us.
    Greece decided to take advantage of Turkish weakness in the aftermath of WW1 and decided to wage a war of aggression to capture more land from Turkey than what was awarded to it during the treaty of Sevres. It was a gamble that Greece lost.

Plus, why would I support the followers of a religion which was the driving force for my people to be persecuted for eons in the past? By multiple states who adopted Islam as the official policy doctrine in fact, like the Ottoman Empire, and before them, the Caliphate, which the Byzantines constantly fought with and tried to hold them back? That would be an utter betrayal to my nation's history, and my conscience.
    It appears to me that persecution is only a problem when your people are the victims of it, not when they are the instigators and perpetrators of it. Byzantines persecuted Pagans and Christians such as the Copts, Paulicians and Catholics. To name a few.

So, as you see, there are multiple reasons, from my perspective at least, for which I support neither side. But unfortunately, the US, through Israel forcing it to be implicated, will implicate every European country with it. Even though it really doesn't concern the average European.
    In other words Greece does as it is told, Turkey follows its own path. That's a key difference between the two.

Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 08:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyresic View Post
    To me you just seem like you are obsessed with Turkey, I find it hilarious.

Simply not true. Greece voted against the 1947 UN partition plan. Although Greece recognised Israel in 1949, they didn't have Ambassador level representation in Israel till 1990 or something. They just had a representative of Greece prior to this (below Ambassador level representation).

Greece was quite friendly with Arab states and the PLO prior to the 1990s.

Why do people need to help Greece? Actually Israel helped Greece in the aftermath of the 1953 Kefalonia earthquake.
    Are you kiding? The actions of the Greek junta led to the current status quo in Cyprus.

Oh yeah? Things are that clear cut are they? A few uninhabited rocks whose ownership is disputed. What on earth did you expect Israel or anyone for that matter to do during the Imia/Kardak crisis?

They've helped you in the aftermath of Earthquakes, sold weapons to you, have energy pacts with you. What more do you want?

I can agree with you on that.

Why would Turkey just attack Greece? The real world isn't a computer game, this isn't Europa Universalis.

The Palestinians are struggling for their own existence, they are hardly in the position to support others.

Greece decided to take advantage of Turkish weakness in the aftermath of WW1 and decided to wage a war of aggression to capture more land from Turkey than what was awarded to it during the treaty of Sevres. It was a gamble that Greece lost.

It appears to me that persecution is only a problem when your people are the victims of it, not when they are the instigators and perpetrators of it. Byzantines persecuted Pagans and Christians such as the Copts, Paulicians and Catholics. To name a few.

In other words Greece does as it is told, Turkey follows its own path. That's a key difference between the two.
    You say I'm obsessed with Turkey, yet you revolved your post all around Turkey... Ok, keep being delulu
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Thread Information