View Poll Results: Choose all that apply.

Voters
1415. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spain

270 19.08%
  • Portugal

249 17.60%
  • France

54 3.82%
  • Italy

402 28.41%
  • Sicily

911 64.38%
  • Greece

824 58.23%
  • Bulgaria

269 19.01%
  • Serbia

144 10.18%
  • Romania

232 16.40%
  • Albania

342 24.17%
  • Macedonia

206 14.56%
  • Ukraine

43 3.04%
  • Malta

721 50.95%
  • Hungary

56 3.96%
  • Other (specify)

201 14.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 111 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Assyrians; Where can they pass physically in Europe? (Multiple choice)

Last Online
    08-26-2012 @ 10:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arorti View Post
    Wiiiiiii.

I didnt know that we have "immediate neighbours" called assyrians.
    I thought our only neighbours are turks,iranians,azeris and georgians.

Iv been in syria btw, there is small armenian community there, they became the "immediate neighbours" of middle easterns in ww1 when they were droven to arabian deserts from north eastern anatolia. People look to them as strangers and they dont fit there.

Alawites looked the most caucasus/european looking religious minority in syria, Syriac christians (western assyrians) and chaeldeans on the other hand looked the most arab looking national minority,i was somehow shocked and expected the opposite.
    Well I do not really care for your opinion. I simly state facts from a realistic point of view. We are indeed immediate neighbours, or at least were for thousands of years. Assyrians and Armenians lived side to side in areas such as Van, Mardin, Siirt, Hakkari, Urmia, Elazig etc and married each other.

Armenians fit perfectly well in Syria. No one takes them for foreigners regarding phenotype.
    Y-DNA: E1b1b1a2*
    mtDNA: H14a

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Artavazt View Post
    A lots of welsh people use that too.
    Maybe its a common thing between kurds,armenians and welsh.
    We also use that word. Many other ethnic group probably do too.

Last Online
    07-17-2012 @ 09:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kavkazian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ancestry
    Kakvaz,kavkaz,kavkaz and proud
    Country
    Armenia
    Taxonomy
    50% med dinaric,25% alpine,25% nordic
    Politics
    Armenian nationalist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by shshmuk View Post
    Brother, this is not the first time that I see an Armenian in these anthro-shmanthro foras attacking or ridiculing the Assyrians.
    Armenians like most of the worlds population dont know what "assyrian" is, so the idea of existing fights between these 2 groups on daily basis is BS,i see some flame fests on this forum and some other forum, between Armenians and some people identifying themselves as Assyrians, however they only exist on internet with very limited number, even on internet most of Assyrian forums are not active, sometimes you find a post from 2009 as the most recent post.

Also once an Assyrian man in Syria was mocking on Armenians, he told my friend that we are small inferior nation cause Armenia with karabagh is only 43,000 km square, and when my friend told him "look at you, you don’t even have country like gypsies and you cant even speak your own language" then the Assyrian man told him "who said we don’t have country ? we have 22 countries, we are 300 million, beeing Assyrian is just belonging to Assyrian church we are arabs" , Big part of them think like that, other part think they are separate nation, there is always infight between them about these issues.

This is good example where an armenian user asking what it means to be assyrian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DYz_sPMBnA&feature=plcp look at the comments and youll see what im talking about.

This is NOT correct. Please, if you, as an Armenian, want to be treated well by others, show the same respect to others,
    I did not insult anyone, I simply said that there are no Assyrians in north eastern turkey, northern Iran, Western Azerbeijan and southern Georgian, thus they are not our immediate neighbours.
    Our immediate neighbours are Georgians ,Abkhazians ,lezgins and azeris, and our neighbours are Kurds, Turks , Chechens , ingushes, dagestanis.
    About my experience in Syria, everyone who has been there can know that what I said is 100% true, I will be more than happy to provide pictures to prove my points if anyone asks.

at least towards our Christian brothers, whoever they might be.
    Let me tell you something to spare your time in case if you respond me again (hopefully you wont). Im not gay, im not commie, im not hippie, im not liberal patriotard , I don’t buy the crap of " we are all brothers and followers of Jesus" and consider nations that have nothing to do with me and are not related to me in anyway as "brothers" just for being Christians. So save your time from telling me such crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
    Assyrian phenotypic variation seems to be region-specific, probably mostly due to environmental conditions rather than admixture.I concur with you in that Assyrians don't typically resemble Caucasian ethnicities (excluding some Armenians). Though if you're searching for Assyrians with Caucasian-like phenotypes, it'd probably be the ones in Turkey and Armenia. The ones in Iraq, Iran and Syria will probably be the least Armenian and Caucasian looking.
    I personaly don't believe in phenotypic variations due to environmental conditions. Specialy that Assyrians of Armenia came to Armenia/Georgia 200 years ago during Russian/Persian wars, and its not very long time for any significant change in phenotype due to environment, though I concur with you that Assyrians in Armenia and Georgia that are about 15 thousand people look siginificantly different than Assyrians of Syria and Iraq that are 1/1,5 millions (maybe more don’t know exactly).

Quote Originally Posted by Sargon999 View Post
    Well I do not really care for your opinion.
    So you don’t care how Armenians feel about arab related nation like you, and still insist that you feel close to us ? isn’t that a little bit impudent behavior ? at least respect the opinion of Armenians.

I simly state facts from a realistic point of view. We are indeed immediate neighbours, or at least were for thousands of years. Assyrians and Armenians lived side to side in areas such as Van, Mardin, Siirt, Hakkari, Urmia, Elazig etc and married each other.
    We have never been neighbours expect when Armenia became big multiracial shithole empire during the rule of Tigrans the great. Arabs and Greeks became "neighbours" in the same way during the days of Byzantine empire, but I don’t see them pushing these facts to invent exaggerated relations between them and Greeks ,though unlike you they did not dissapear since 600 BC.

The Armenians in the regions that you mentioned represent less than 2/3% of all Armenians, I don’t know how many of them were mixed with arab related Christian nations, but I never said that Armenia is 100% pure today, about 5/10% of Armenians look exotic, but in most cases they look like our actual immediate neighbours (turks,kurds,Iranians) , its very rare to see Assyrian or arab looking Armenian.

Also speaking about Armenian marriage with Assyrians is useless, there are some English marrying with Africans and pakis,or portuguee marrying morrocians, its pointless to mention on a forum like this, as far as I know, its not uncommon for an Armenian girl to get spitted on her face if she marries Assyrian ,that’s the general feeling of Armenians toward mingling with you(i mean armenian diasporas of ME that know what assyrian is unlike 90% of armenians of the world who have never seen an assyrian in their whole life and never heard of you other than in several chapters of pre christian armenian history). If we want to mingle with other nations, there are Greeks,Georgians but not middle eastern nation just cause they are Christians, then Christianity turns to christinsanity.

Armenians fit perfectly well in Syria. No one takes them for foreigners regarding phenotype.
    Lol
    Iv been in Syria for more than 5 years, whenever I go people know that im Armenian but in capital they used to mistaken me as Chechen/Circasian cause there are few Armenians there, but huge circassian society. Alawites look most Caucasus/European looking religious minority, Assyrians on the other side looked the most levanite looking people, I don’t mean to be a dick about it,but that’s what I saw with my own eyes.
    Last edited by Arorti; 07-16-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Last Online
    07-17-2012 @ 09:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kavkazian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ancestry
    Kakvaz,kavkaz,kavkaz and proud
    Country
    Armenia
    Taxonomy
    50% med dinaric,25% alpine,25% nordic
    Politics
    Armenian nationalist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demhat View Post
    A Question, do you Armenians use this sound "wiiii" if you are embarrassed, surprised or feel ashamed about someones behaver or talk? Like "What for real? omg."

Frankly iv never seen other armenian using that,but it could be.
    I know that "Azad" means free both in kurdish and armenian,although our language is not indo-iranian like kurdish and persian,but it was obviously influenced to some extent.

Though i have to admit that i was quiet suprised,embarassed and ashamed when i wrote "wiiii" in my previous post

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-11-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1 (Mede => Parthian)
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,505

0 Not allowed!

Armenians like most of the worlds population dont know what "assyrian" is, so the idea of existing fights between these 2 groups on daily basis is BS,i see some flame fests on this forum and some other forum, between Armenians and some people identifying themselves as Assyrians, however they only exist on internet with very limited number, even on internet most of Assyrian forums are not active, sometimes you find a post from 2009 as the most recent post.

Also once an Assyrian man in Syria was mocking on Armenians, he told my friend that we are small inferior nation cause Armenia with karabagh is only 43,000 km square,
    43,000 isnt small at all, its almost the average size of most medium sized countries, like Switzerland and Slowakei, in Europe. Even the current recognized 30,000 isnt, its comparable to Belgium with 10 mio citizens and Albania. It just appears "small" because it is located near (too) huge countries like Iran, Turkey, Saudi Arabia which one of them is 3-6 times bigger as the big countries in Europe. Its just optical Illusion. I would only consider countries like Lebanon or Kosovo as small in any sense.

Frankly iv never seen other armenian using that,but it could be.
    I know that "Azad" means free both in kurdish and armenian,although our language is not indo-iranian like kurdish and persian,but it was obviously influenced to some extent.

Though i have to admit that i was quiet suprised,embarassed and ashamed when i wrote "wiiii" in my previous post
    Kurdish does have some Armenian loanwords too like chong for knee.

As far as I know most Iranic loanwords in Armenian are Northwest Iranic from the time of the Armenian Kingdom under Tigran and Parthian era when a huge Iranic population under Parthian rule became Christian Armenians in Anatolia and the Caucasus.
    Last edited by Demhat; 07-17-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Sweden
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

From my own experiences, most Armenians seem to know what Assyrians are. Especially diaspora Armenians and these days even Armenians in Armenia due to the good political relations between Assyrians and Armenians.

Also once an Assyrian man in Syria was mocking on Armenians, he told my friend that we are small inferior nation cause Armenia with karabagh is only 43,000 km square, and when my friend told him "look at you, you don’t even have country like gypsies and you cant even speak your own language" then the Assyrian man told him "who said we don’t have country ? we have 22 countries, we are 300 million, beeing Assyrian is just belonging to Assyrian church we are arabs" , Big part of them think like that, other part think they are separate nation, there is always infight between them about these issues.
    One Assyrian man's opinion does not reflect our people's opinion. But we do speak our own language. Our Christian religion is even more of a mixture between ancient Ashurism and Christianity. The Armenians even wrote in our alphabet prior to developing your own alphabet, and our Syriac alphabet along with Greek and Latin was used when developing the Armenian alphabet.

Some Assyrians, especially from Iraq, have become assimilated and believe they are Arabs. This is due to the Ba'ath parties aims of arabizing minorities.

I did not insult anyone, I simply said that there are no Assyrians in north eastern turkey, northern Iran, Western Azerbeijan and southern Georgian, thus they are not our immediate neighbours.
    Our immediate neighbours are Georgians ,Abkhazians ,lezgins and azeris, and our neighbours are Kurds, Turks , Chechens , ingushes, dagestanis.
    About my experience in Syria, everyone who has been there can know that what I said is 100% true, I will be more than happy to provide pictures to prove my points if anyone asks.
    I am glad that you Armenians have your own country, or at least some small part of it left. Our immediate Armenian neighbours ended up just like us; scattered worldwide. When I talk of immediate neighbours, I am not merely talking about eastern Armenians. I mainly reflect the relations between western Armenians who lived among us as brothers and sisters.

Though eastern Armenians had a big advantage geographically which enabed you to defend your country. First by being absorbed by the Soviet Union which gave protection and thereafter the protection of Russia, had Turkey intervened in the Azeri-Armenian war. Assyrians are in the middle of every big nation and surrounded. We did not have any advantages, but would be able to create our own country were it not for the genocide and betrayal of Britain.

And once again, the Armenians fit fine in Syria. They do not look like some alien population as Germans would. The difference between Armenians in Aleppo and other Aleppo populations is not very big.

So you don’t care how Armenians feel about arab related nation like you, and still insist that you feel close to us ? isn’t that a little bit impudent behavior ? at least respect the opinion of Armenians.
    I have met many Armenians in my life, both in real life and on the internet. Most are very kind and feel a relationship between our two nations. I even have Armenians in my family. Most Armenians are not as hateful as yourself.

We have never been neighbours expect when Armenia became big multiracial shithole empire during the rule of Tigrans the great. Arabs and Greeks became "neighbours" in the same way during the days of Byzantine empire, but I don’t see them pushing these facts to invent exaggerated relations between them and Greeks ,though unlike you they did not dissapear since 600 BC.
    Once again, we were immediate neighbours for thousands of years. From “Ara the Beautiful and Shamiram” up until the genocide in 1914 we lived as neighbours. We lived in the same cities and villages in many parts of eastern Turkey. Who said we disappeared? We are here, and we shall remain.

Also speaking about Armenian marriage with Assyrians is useless, there are some English marrying with Africans and pakis,or portuguee marrying morrocians, its pointless to mention on a forum like this, as far as I know, its not uncommon for an Armenian girl to get spitted on her face if she marries Assyrian ,that’s the general feeling of Armenians toward mingling with you(i mean armenian diasporas of ME that know what assyrian is unlike 90% of armenians of the world who have never seen an assyrian in their whole life and never heard of you other than in several chapters of pre christian armenian history). If we want to mingle with other nations, there are Greeks,Georgians but not middle eastern nation just cause they are Christians, then Christianity turns to christinsanity.
    You should not mix apples with oranges. The intermarriages between Assyrians and Armenians came because close relations regarding culture, religion and geographical closeness. Armenians boys and girls have married Assyrian girls and boys in high rates, and still do. Why are you concerned over this? It is a natural thing to happen.

Iv been in Syria for more than 5 years, whenever I go people know that im Armenian but in capital they used to mistaken me as Chechen/Circasian cause there are few Armenians there, but huge circassian society. Alawites look most Caucasus/European looking religious minority, Assyrians on the other side looked the most levanite looking people, I don’t mean to be a dick about it,but that’s what I saw with my own eyes.
    Armenians do not look like Circassians or north Caucasian. That someone mistakes you for something is an individual case. I get mistaken for Yugoslavian all the time, yet most Assyrians would not get mistaken for Yugoslavian. We have a huge diversity, some are light (blonde, gingers, light brown hair) while most have dark brown hair and brown eyes.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sargon999
    Some Assyrians, especially from Iraq, have become assimilated and believe they are Arabs. This is due to the Ba'ath parties aims of arabizing minorities.
    The majority of Northern Iraqi Arabs especially in the NorthWest are just Islamized and Arabized Assyrians. They look it and their dailect is basically Arabic with a lot of Syraic influence, try to compare it to the Southern dailect and you would notice the difference. The latter is closer to the Bedouin tongue. Genetically they don't differ much. Some in recent times identify as Arab Christians as well.

Armenians do not look like Circassians or north Caucasian. That someone mistakes you for something is an individual case. I get mistaken for Yugoslavian all the time, yet most Assyrians would not get mistaken for Yugoslavian. We have a huge diversity, some are light (blonde, gingers, light brown hair) while most have dark brown hair and brown eyes.
    Armenians on average don't look like Circassians and other North Caucasians. Armenians also lack the Northern European and Mongoloid admixture that North Caucasians have especially the Circassians. Circassians have lighter pigmentation and are often taller, but their Mongoloid blood can be very noticable especially around the eye region, and flatness of the face. There are more blondes and redheads among them that is. Armenians have similar look to Assyrians and even similar components autosomally speaking.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Last Online
    05-18-2013 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    1/4 Welsh,3/4 Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Celtic+Caucasian
    Country
    Armenia
    Politics
    NS
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CircassianWine View Post

Armenians on average don't look like Circassians and other North Caucasians. Armenians also lack the Northern European and Mongoloid admixture that North Caucasians have especially the Circassians. Circassians have lighter pigmentation and are often taller, but their Mongoloid blood can be very noticable especially around the eye region, and flatness of the face. There are more blondes and redheads among them that is. Armenians have similar look to Assyrians and even similar components autosomally speaking.

Thei idea of circassians beeing lighter than average armenians is BS. iv seen lots of circassians that are darker than average armenians,specialy from syria and jordan,maybe they were half arabs like you,but they identify themselves as circassians. As for your claim of us looking similar to assyrians,im not gona even respond as i already stated my opinion regarding this issue http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...stcount=126,as you claimed few months ago that we are the closest to ashkenazi jews till i posted a map suggesting that circassians are the closest ones,you seem to have problem with us.

Well I do not really care for your opinion. I simly state facts from a realistic point of view. We are indeed immediate neighbours, or at least were for thousands of years. Assyrians and Armenians lived side to side in areas such as Van, Mardin, Siirt, Hakkari, Urmia, Elazig etc and married each other.
    Whats this obsession about scratching armenian/assyrian marriages all over internet ? I saw another chaeldean man writing an article on wikipedia about assyrian/armenian relations claiming that marriages between these two people(in armenia) is very common,although the entire number of assyrians in armenia is less than 10,000 and most of them live in seperate villages in the last 2 decades,even if we suppose that all of them have armenian couples they wouldnt contaminate more than 0,5% of all armenians.

Its like us metioining armenian/russian , armenian/ukranian marriages which is much higher than any other armenian non armenian marriages,not mention with assyrians, to prove something.
    Last edited by Artavazt; 07-17-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CircassianWine View Post

You are exaggerating the mongolian input in Circassians a little bit. Turks have around ~7% Eastern Asian input yet you usually see just some Mongolid influences on them, but Circassians/Adygai have something around ~5% this is on the edge of insignificant.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...95&postcount=5
    Last edited by Demhat; 07-17-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Artavazt View Post
    Thei idea of circassians beeing lighter than average armenians is BS. iv seen lots of circassians that are darker than average armenians,specialy in syria and jordan,maybe they were half arabs like you,but they identify themselves as circassians.

They are mixed. Actually almost all Circassians outside their homeland are mixed. I know some Circassian families. The 21 Year old Brother of my Sister in law has married a Circassian Girl from Anatolia. I can tell you that they look like usual Anatolian with some distinct Northwest Caucasian features which they probably could manage to preserve. Thats why we should only take the Circassians in the Caucasus as representative for them. Not that I am saying that the one living in the diaspora are not Circassians. Just that they are already too mixed with local populations to be taken as representative.

Page 32 of 111 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread Information