Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why do continental Europeans show such animosity towards colonials?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tel Errant View Post
    Dude, I fall in the antiamerican spectrum of the French people but felt patriotic buying a 360 instead of a PS3... I think it says it all.
    Support white companies.

I have nothing against Britannia 'cause we weren't treated like dumb cattle (unlike other countries Britain had conquered)
    That's because you're not Africans.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-08-2012 @ 05:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celt-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Ancestry
    Irish
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Northern Territory
    Taxonomy
    Anglo-Saxon
    Politics
    Communitarian Anarchist
    Religion
    Nihilist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

*inhales deeply, preparing for the imminent flame war that is sure to be unleashed with this post*

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    I don't think they like the fact that America has infilitrated their system of culture and traditions post World War 2.
    The Frankfurt School started in Europe. Marxism is a European export. So is post-structuralism. I'm sure they had zero corruptive effects on American culture . I think Europeans (particularly the continental, hard right variety) would do well to remember that whatever corruption you're copping is your own manure being fed back to you.

I'm not convinced American culture, properly speaking, destroyed anything in Europe. The seperation of powers, Independence Day, thanksgiving, the protestant work ethic, the Magna Carta-derived Bill of Rights, a healthy sense of racial self-confidence and the desire for its citizens to achieve and make their own future for themselves - that's what existed before Europe's politics corrupted America's, and funnily enough it's a fair bit healthier than the totalised politics of a drug-addicted, psychotic Austrian corporal.

The diseased, bastard offspring of European intellectual traditions and America's own classically liberal political culture, combined with America's industrious capitalism may not have helped things in Europe, but Europe threw in the towel with the first world war. Europe was exhausted, the flower of French youth was wasted, Germany was kicked square in the nuts, and Hitler distorted and disfigured folkish nationalism and then destroyed any sense of self-confidence and self-worth Europe had left by losing the war and giving half of Europe to the Stalinist hordes with the rest occupied by its free-born grandchildren from the other side of the Atlantic. If the US hadn't turned up, Europe would've been enslaved and turned into a wasteland.

My answer to the earlier question is: an inferiority complex combined with an entirely natural disgust at their impression of what America now is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information