W
    Politics
    Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,426
    Given: 4,139

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Florstadt View Post
    He received 39.85 percent of the vote. I believe that the majority of voters are mature adults with real responsibilities, rather than forum crybabies.

Gaza Flotila happened 13 years ago, when you were still playing with your first acne blisters and long before Mitsotakis was prime minister, it seems you were sleeping during history and civilienship classes even back then.
    Most of the residents in Gaza did not like Hamas before oct. 7th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X7SMGGMZUI&t=9s

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

He received 39.85 percent of the vote. I believe that the majority of voters are mature adults with real responsibilities, rather than forum crybabies.

Gaza Flotila happened 13 years ago, when you were still playing with your first acne blisters and long before Mitsotakis was prime minister, it seems you were sleeping during history and civilienship classes even back then.
    39.85%...

Amongst the 53% of voters who voted for him.

6 million people voted in the elections in May and June. Out of these 6 million, 2.1 million voted for Mitsotakis.

The total registered voters are 10 million.

2.1 million against 10 million voters.

Exactly 21% of the voting base.

Simple math here, nothing too complicated.

He was voted by a minority.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kessaras View Post
    You have a problem with understanding what you read or you just intently twist and deflect my main point.

When people are forced to leave their homeland, it's important to respond with compassion. If you genuinely care about their well-being, extending a helping hand to them as refugees is a meaningful gesture. It's contradictory to label them as troublemakers while expressing concern for their lives. True care involves providing support, especially when they've been displaced against their will. Instead of openly rejecting them, showing empathy and offering accommodation reflects a more genuine compassion.
    If anyone genuinely cares, they should make Israel stop bombing their houses, return back to normal without them having to leave everything behind.

THAT'S compassion.

And that's what I'm saying: if you truly care, you should strive for them not to become refugees to begin with.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Coastal Syrian
    Ancestry
    Tartous
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    H4a1-T152C!
    Religion
    Catholic (Maronite Rite)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,804
    Given: 995

4 Not allowed!

Don't falsify my words, Israel is the safest place in the Middle East for Christians. It was like that under any regime and will continue to be like that.
    I am not against Europeans either, I have many European friends in various states. I am against Europeans with colonial mindset trying to fuck with the Middle East as it was their own land. Well, guess what, it is not yours anymore, stay the fuck out of our business. You French created enough problems with the Sykes–Picot agreement, along with the Brits. And don't try to make me a racist, as I refer to your historical regimes, not your people.

If you defend these people in the forum only because they are Christians, you have to adjust your moral compass.
    Christians in Palestine, they are routinely denied mundane things such as travel passes to go to the next city over to visit their families, churches and holy sites for Easter and Christmas specifically. It is not like this is a new thing either. Sorry if I do not think a place where nuns are spit on, our traditions and holidays are suppressed, and we are treated like cattle is particularly safe or welcoming. Neighbors should be treated as brothers, but I only see this occur in Palestine, while the Israeli state has already passed a law that reserves the right of self-determinations for Jews only...

I don't really care if people do not want to get involved, but it is idiotic to pretend that this is some kind of 'Jews vs Muslims' issue, that it does not affect Christians, that Christians are safe. Israel is a state founded on Jewish supremacy, whether you want to justify it as a 'divine right' or a 'they're here now, what can you do?,' and contrary to what many Christians in the West believe this is an ideology completely incompatible with Christianity and Christians— any kind of belief that one person is above their neighbors is. Christians have essentially been 'squeezed out' of our historical strongholds in Bethlehem and Jerusalem, and we are treated no better by the Israeli state than any Muslim, which ironically has fostered more unity under the Palestinian flag between Christians and Muslims than anywhere else.

And do not even get me started on this 'our business.' A Jew from Iraq is as foreign to the Holy Land as a Brit, this mentality is idiotic.
    23andMe: 100% Levantine
    AncestryDNA: 100% Levant (North Lebanon & Mount Lebanon)
    ܫܘܒܚܐ ܠܡܪܢ ܝܫܘܥ ܡܫܝܚܐ ♰
    My mtFull

Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 676
    Given: 547

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sacha View Post
    Christians in Palestine, they are routinely denied mundane things such as travel passes to go to the next city over to visit their families, churches and holy sites for Easter and Christmas specifically. It is not like this is a new thing either. Sorry if I do not think a place where nuns are spit on, our traditions and holidays are suppressed, and we are treated like cattle is particularly safe or welcoming. Neighbors should be treated as brothers, but I only see this occur in Palestine, while the Israeli state has already passed a law that reserves the right of self-determinations for Jews only...

I don't really care if people do not want to get involved, but it is idiotic to pretend that this is some kind of 'Jews vs Muslims' issue, that it does not affect Christians, that Christians are safe. Israel is a state founded on Jewish supremacy, whether you want to justify it as a 'divine right' or a 'they're here now, what can you do?,' and contrary to what many Christians in the West believe this is an ideology completely incompatible with Christianity and Christians— any kind of belief that one person is above their neighbors is. Christians have essentially been 'squeezed out' of our historical strongholds in Bethlehem and Jerusalem, and we are treated no better by the Israeli state than any Muslim, which ironically has fostered more unity under the Palestinian flag between Christians and Muslims than anywhere else.

And do not even get me started on this 'our business.' A Jew from Iraq is as foreign to the Holy Land as a Brit, this mentality is idiotic.
    It seems that the local Christians do not think like you, also some of them were brave enough to denounce their Arab identity and embrace their true ethnicity; Arameans, you are just another Dhimmi who fell in love with her conquerors and gave up her local identity :

Shadi Haloul, head of the Israeli Christian Aramaic Association speaks his opinion about the matter

Here is waiting for your Christian brothers under Hamas and Muslims rule in Israel, a living example from the west bank:

- https://www.algemeiner.com/2012/03/1...ian-authority/

-https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/christians-in-the-palestinian-territories

And here is what Hamas thinks of your precious religion:

Leaked Hamas Christmas memo causes Christian dismay in Gaza

-https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN28X1PR/
    Last edited by Florstadt; 12-20-2023 at 04:03 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,339
    Given: 3,047

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    If anyone genuinely cares, they should make Israel stop bombing their houses, return back to normal without them having to leave everything behind.

THAT'S compassion.

And that's what I'm saying: if you truly care, you should strive for them not to become refugees to begin with.
    If you truly care about them, you wouldn't mind taking care of them if they ever have to become refugees.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Coastal Syrian
    Ancestry
    Tartous
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    H4a1-T152C!
    Religion
    Catholic (Maronite Rite)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,804
    Given: 995

1 Not allowed!

It seems that the local Christians do not think like you, also some of them were brave enough to denounce their Arab identity and embrace their true ethnicity; Arameans, you are just another dimmhi who fell in love with her conquerors and gave up her local identity :

Shadi Haloul, head of the Israeli Christian Aramaic Association speaks his opinion about the matter

Here is waiting for your Christian brothers under Hamas and Muslims rule in Israel, a living example from the west bank:

- https://www.algemeiner.com/2012/03/1...ian-authority/

-https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/christians-in-the-palestinian-territories

And here is what Hamas thinks of your precious religion:

Leaked Hamas Christmas memo causes Christian dismay in Gaza

-https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN28X1PR/
    Your ad hominem arguments lack nuance... to call yourself one thing is not to dismiss another. Will you also tell me that an Englishman who calls himself Germanic is "just another dimmhi who fell in love with her conquerors and gave up her local identity?" And you love to pick out small amounts of Christians that agree with what you say, and ignore the ones who do not. Do not pretend you know about the internal politics or struggle that the Christian identity has had in this region. You view 'Arab' as this negative, 'conqueror' identity, but this is not so... you have just demonized us so much in your mind that you will not accept that some people think of themselves in certain ways that do not align with your personal world view. And why would I care what Hamas thinks of my religion? When did I ever say anything about them? It bothers me when people try to take the position of 'savior' like this, do you really think insulting me and my people makes your country seem any better?
    23andMe: 100% Levantine
    AncestryDNA: 100% Levant (North Lebanon & Mount Lebanon)
    ܫܘܒܚܐ ܠܡܪܢ ܝܫܘܥ ܡܫܝܚܐ ♰
    My mtFull

Ein einzelner Gefangener.. Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Horse-Human of Wyoming
    Ethnicity
    Hillbilly
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106/R-Z156
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Taxonomy
    Country Boy
    Politics
    Zeitzeuge einer Zeitenwende
    Hero
    Klaus Störtebeker, Kurt Knispel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,433
    Given: 5,287

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ugo View Post
    This is a nightmare, we must not allow these mushrooms to appear.
    Yeah I know. As soon as the first bomb would be dropped armageddon will follow.
    Runen raunen rechten Rat, über eiserne Felder nun zur Tat!

Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,339
    Given: 3,047

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ugo View Post
    This is a nightmare, we must not allow these mushrooms to appear.
    But mushrooms are sometimes the ultimate problem solvers.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Country
    Israel
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Ignosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 676
    Given: 547

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sacha View Post
    Your ad hominem arguments lack nuance... to call yourself one thing is not to dismiss another. Will you also tell me that an Englishman who calls himself Germanic is "just another dimmhi who fell in love with her conquerors and gave up her local identity?" And you love to pick out small amounts of Christians that agree with what you say, and ignore the ones who do not. Do not pretend you know about the internal politics or struggle that the Christian identity has had in this region. You view 'Arab' as this negative, 'conqueror' identity, but this is not so... you have just demonized us so much in your mind that you will not accept that some people think of themselves in certain ways that do not align with your personal world view. And why would I care what Hamas thinks of my religion? When did I ever say anything about them? It bothers me when people try to take the position of 'savior' like this, do you really think insulting me and my people makes your country seem any better?
    Nuances you say... Like your Greek friend you should learn some historical facts about your people:

Damour massacre:

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damour_massacre

Guess who invaded Lebanon to aid the Christians' to fight those Muslim Palesitian militias shortly afterwards, and sacrificing their lives by doing so? That's right, Israeli soldiers.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information