mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    I have a crush on Colonel Frank Grimes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,314
    Given: 1,404

2 Not allowed!

I'd like everyone to be non-Abrahamic Heathens like me.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Român
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z280
    mtDNA
    H5b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,638
    Given: 2,442

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dviz View Post
    They can become Christian. They renounced Christianity quite late, they can come back.

Half of the Transylvanian Romanians were Catholic (Greek Catholic) 100 years ago. Now all of them are Orthodox.
    You have to remember though that this happened because the communists made it illegal to practice, making only the Securitate run state church legitimate. Not that it matters much in the end, as Eastern rite Catholicism is not that different liturgically from Orthodoxy. But it must be remembered that this conversion to Orthodoxy was forceful, and that many legitimate clergy of both Orthodoxy and Catholicism were imprisoned, to be replaced by commie agents. It explains the church corruption at higher levels that persists to this day.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-19-2024 @ 07:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    J-L283, E-V13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Albanians were Catholic and Orthodox for hundreds of years, mostly converted to due to high taxes and impositions. The
    towns mainly became Muslim early on. In Western Kosova / Plains of Dukagjin the countryside was still Christian Albanian in the 16th century. Toplica area, north/east of Kosovo, had Orthodox Albanians. There were Orthodox Albanian churches there. Northern Albania was mainly Catholic until the 18th century at least I believe. There were also Orthodox Albanians in Kosova and Macedonia. There were also crypto-Christians and many families converted late and have memories of being Christians.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Român
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z280
    mtDNA
    H5b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,638
    Given: 2,442

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    I'd like everyone to be non-Abrahamic Heathens like me.
    Politics: Far Right + Pro-Choice
    Does your heathen god demand human sacrifice?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Relationship Status
    I have a crush on Colonel Frank Grimes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,314
    Given: 1,404

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpatz View Post
    Does your heathen god demand human sacrifice?
    No human or animal sacrifice and no circumcision either.
    Spoiler!

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    J-L283, E-V13
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I blame the Turks for even bringing that religion to us, now we got to also deal with these serbo-chetniks and their mythical serbo-chetnik fairytale history, taking advantage of us being muslims, they have taken over wikipedia on balkan history
    with their invented fairytale crap . they also claim some kind of conflict muslim vs christians yet there has never been such
    conflict among Albanians with different religions. That is of course because it is all invented by these people. Just like their
    so called history is just an invention that is not supported by historical evidence.Their lies and propaganda has reached every
    corner in the world.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,449
    Given: 31,622

1 Not allowed!

I am an Atheist but I have an interest in Islam.

it would have been interesting to be Muslim and Eastern European, if Moldovans would have become Muslim under Ottoman rule, it would have been interesting also in case Romanians (Wallachians) wouldn't have become, so it would have increased the chances of Moldovans keeping to themselves and have their own country (and I don't refer to Rep. of Moldova, which doesn't even lie in the proper Moldovan historical space (between Carpathians and Prut river).

Albanians won't give up Islam anyway. but the Balkans might have been a less complicated and divided place if we would have all become Muslims under the Turks. too bad the Turks didn't have any interest in converting us

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,317
    Given: 1,211

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    I am an Atheist but I have an interest in Islam.

it would have been interesting to be Muslim and Eastern European, if Moldovans would have become Muslim under Ottoman rule, it would have been interesting also in case Romanians (Wallachians) wouldn't have become, so it would have increased the chances of Moldovans keeping to themselves and have their own country (and I don't refer to Rep. of Moldova, which doesn't even lie in the proper Moldovan historical space (between Carpathians and Prut river).

Albanians won't give up Islam anyway. but the Balkans might have been a less complicated and divided place if we would have all become Muslims under the Turks. too bad the Turks didn't have any interest in converting us
    This trend about "our forefathers were x so now I'm x as well" makes no sense. You follow a path in which you deem it's the truth. I know so called Muslim born individuals whose ancestors converted to Islam at the earliest times who have gone astray whilst I know pure blooded Anglo Saxon Englishman's whose ancestors probably were involved in the crusaders who are more righteous and on the right path than many of born Muslims. Anyone can be a Muslim, you don't need to abandon your culture to do this . This is a massive misconception.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spaniard / Ashkenazi
    Ethnicity
    Castilian / Ashkenazi
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-U106=>Z326
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Politics
    PANCAL
    Hero
    Spanish Conquerors
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 63

0 Not allowed!

Then your paganism is posturing.
    IllustrativeDNA results: 48.7% Ashkenazi + 45.4% Castile and Leon + 4.6% Dutch + 1.3% Druze

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    J-L283, E-V13
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

From a Kosovar Albanian back in 1651:

Another report, made by the parish priest of Prizren, Gregor Mazrreku, in 1651, described a very similar request: ‘Some of the men (and there are very many of these) say: “We are Christians in our hearts, we have only changed our religious affiliation to get out of paying taxes which the Muslims imposed on us” and for that reason they say... “dear Reverend, come and give us confession and Holy Communion secretly.” But I have not done this up till now, nor does it seem right to me
    Rebels, Believers, Survivors Studies In The History Of The Albanians Malcolm Noel ( 2020)

Once you start reading these type of sources from that time, one also starts seeing how the South Slavic version of history when it comes to Muslims in the Balkans is completely false. Especially the Serb. They are aggressive propagandists. That guy who shot up that mosque in New Zealand, you can blame Serbs for of course. He was even playing Serb music when he did.

Of course poor guy , before he shot up the mosque was not told how the Serbs in the battle of Kosovo 1448 turned on the Turkish side:

In September 1448, Hunyadi led his forces across the Danube and camped them in Serbia next to Kovin, just outside the Serbian capital of Smederevo. For a full month the Hungarians stayed encamped awaiting their German, Wallachians, Bohemian and Albanian allies.[19] The Albanian army under Skanderbeg was delayed as it was prevented from linking with Hunyadi's army by the Ottomans and their allies.[19][20] It is believed that the Albanian army was delayed by Serbian despot Đurađ Branković, whose army occupied the mountain passes on the Serbian-Albanian border and by a Venetian attack on northern Albania.[18] The Serbs had declined joining Hunyadi's forces following an earlier truce with the Turks.[21] Branković's exact role is disputed.[22][23][24] As a result, Skanderbeg ravaged and pillaged Branković's domains as punishment for deserting the Christian cause.[20][25] Hunyadi decided not to wait for Skanderbeg and his reinforcements to open the battle.[3]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kosovo_(1448)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information