Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much phenotype overlap does Turkey have with its neighbours?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by reboun View Post
    I always thought that Bulgarians are closer to Ukrainians than they are to Greeks by phenotype.
    Even Romanians aren't.

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 11:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,078
    Given: 911

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Even Romanians aren't.
    I now googled Bulgarian people. Yes, I was wrong. They look more Mediterranid than I thought. Maybe I should update my ranking.

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 11:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Med
    Hero
    Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,078
    Given: 911

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Even Romanians aren't.
    Updated. But they still look more foreign than Armenians and Iranians in my opinion.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian Italian, with distant Lebanese, Syrian and French ancestry
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,646
    Given: 1,566

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by DomitiusAurelian View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Don't be a biased fool. Nobody cares if you hate arabs (even though many of you can be mistaken for them by us outsiders, discounting the asiatic faced and bosnian admixed turks that your ancestors raped...Sorry!). I remember the 2023 earthquake there in northern syria and southern Turkey, and I honestly couldn't tell y'all apart. Who gives a fuck? You guys are neighbours! Some of y'all look Greek and some to the east look syrian/iraqi shifted. Stop coming here and making accounts just to jerk off to Europeans, when Europe hardly sees you as European.

Jesus sometimes I understand fuckers like Gallop here (who hates MENAs shoving themselves upon euros and doesn't want spaniards look like some arabs/muslims - *cough* when some do lmao...same way some Turks do! Oops!)! Both sides are fucking mental, and Turks in this forum are on the other extreme end for sure! (besides one or two users) And I wouldn't mind taking either of you way, as I'm not biased at all! Bring it on.

My father looks like a textbook Georgian, and so do I.
    Then ditch your religion and become a Christian like the Georgians are. You hate the arabs so much and you still claim their religion. Even the other Turkish user (banned) Kivan had a hard on for Georgians and was grossed out by Syrians, which is funny because Georgians are as Christian and as well as liberal for MENA standards, so unlike Turkey with its authoritarian Islamic government! But can someone tell me why Turks here are obsessed with Georgians - the most Christian people in the region?

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 12:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Galactic Turkic Khaganate
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Chudoid
    Politics
    La Turquie Kemaliste
    Religion
    Cult Imperialis
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 903
    Given: 629

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Odelia View Post
    Don't be a biased fool. Nobody cares if you hate arabs (even though many of you can be mistaken for them by us outsiders, discounting the asiatic faced and bosnian admixed turks that your ancestors raped...Sorry!). I remember the 2023 earthquake there in northern syria and southern Turkey, and I honestly couldn't tell y'all apart. Who gives a fuck? You guys are neighbours! Some of y'all look Greek and some to the east look syrian/iraqi shifted. Stop coming here and making accounts just to jerk off to Europeans, when Europe hardly sees you as European.

Jesus sometimes I understand fuckers like Gallop here (who hates MENAs shoving themselves upon euros and doesn't want spaniards look like some arabs/muslims - *cough* when some do lmao...same way some Turks do! Oops!)! Both sides are fucking mental, and Turks in this forum are on the other extreme end for sure! (besides one or two users) And I wouldn't mind taking either of you way, as I'm not biased at all! Bring it on.

Then ditch your religion and become a Christian like the Georgians are. You hate the arabs so much and you still claim their religion. Even the other Turkish user (banned) Kivan had a hard on for Georgians and was grossed out by Syrians, which is funny because Georgians are as Christian and as well as liberal for MENA standards, so unlike Turkey with its authoritarian Islamic government! But can someone tell me why Turks here are obsessed with Georgians - the most Christian people in the region?
    You're the biased one, not me. I've never ever identified as a ''European''. You are here making assumptions about me even though you know nothing about my ancestry. I'm from the Black Sea region. The city where I grew up has a lot of people who came from the Caucasus. I grew up with Circassians, Abkhazians and Georgians. They all call themselves Turkish and are hardcore nationalists, by the way. My father's side comes from Batumi. My grandfather spoke a little bit of Georgian as well. My mother's side is Kizilbash Turkmen from Azerbaijan. They both hail from the Caucasus region. I'm not a Muslim; I'm an Agnostic. My religion is none of your business. And I've never seen a Turk identifying as a European in real life unless they are from the Balkans. If you see a Turk identifying as European it is most likely they're from the Balkans. And there are millions of Balkan immigrants in Turkey; the average Anatolian Turk will not identify as European. It's true that some Turks from the southern regions have Levantine admixture. Some of them are ethnic Arabs even, especially people from Samandağ and Antakya. However, these ''outliers'' do not represent the average. The people genetically closest to the Anatolian Turks are the North Caucasians. Not Levantines, not Iranians, not Balkanites, or some other shit. North Caucasians. If you don't believe me just look at Modern PCA plots. Nowadays everybody is a fucking expert on Anatolian Turks. I'm the one who lives here, do you really think you know about my people more than me? The audacity you people have is hilarious.
    ottomanturk

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You're the biased one, not me. I've never ever identified as a ''European''. You are here making assumptions about me even though you know nothing about my ancestry.
    Maybe it's your English. When I say "you", I mean your country and her people. Not really you specifically.

I'm from the Black Sea region. The city where I grew up has a lot of people who came from the Caucasus. I grew up with Circassians, Abkhazians and Georgians. They all call themselves Turkish and are hardcore nationalists, by the way. My father's side comes from Batumi. My grandfather spoke a little bit of Georgian as well. My mother's side is Kizilbash Turkmen from Azerbaijan. They both hail from the Caucasus region.
    Fair enough. What do you think of Georgians and their hardcore Christianity?

I'm not a Muslim; I'm an Agnostic. My religion is none of your business. And I've never seen a Turk identifying as a European in real life unless they are from the Balkans. If you see a Turk identifying as European it is most likely they're from the Balkans. And there are millions of Balkan immigrants in Turkey; the average Anatolian Turk will not identify as European.
    Oh trust me. Those that were here (and are banned for being utterly nasty and clueless) have identified as Europeans and have posted only atlantid/nordic looking Turks to justify and validate themselves.

It's true that some Turks from the southern regions have Levantine admixture. Some of them are ethnic Arabs even, especially people from Samandağ and Antakya. However, these ''outliers'' do not represent the average.
    See, when a Turk is an ethnic Arab you call them that; ethnic Arab. But Turks of Greek, Georgian or anything that is 'whiter', they're labeled as plainly Turks. See the bias? What exactly are "outliers"? A lot of Turks from the southeast looked very similar to Syrians/Levantines when I watched footage of the 2023 earthquake.

The people genetically closest to the Anatolian Turks are the North Caucasians. Not Levantines, not Iranians, not Balkanites, or some other shit. North Caucasians. If you don't believe me just look at Modern PCA plots. Nowadays everybody is a fucking expert on Anatolian Turks. I'm the one who lives here, do you really think you know about my people more than me? The audacity you people have is hilarious.
    We're experts on picking up bias. You just want to plot with north caucasians because they're northernmost = lighter, more euro shifted. Yes, Turks in the north will be more related to them. But you turn a blind eye towards your fellow turks in the south that border syria and iraq - Oh wait, but they're not really Turks according to some of y'all -- you'll call them ethnic Iraqis, Kurds, Syrians living in Turkey, which is such a cop out thing to do! But those in the north aren't ethnic georgians, circassians, etc (like you are?). Hm...

Look at these Gedmatch results (are they liars?)

Oh and there's plenty more like these (where azeri, iranian and kurd is high) but I don't have time to list all the gedmatches here! But noticing something funny? They all change depending on the vicinity. The one at the top is clearly a turk near greece and the bottom one is a southeastern Turk. So what? Only one is a true Turk cos he has a higher greek/'white' input and the other is an Azeri because azeris western asians?

I know I came across as nasty in the earlier post, cos I thought you were an OWD troll like gallop (your profile pic wasn't helping). Now I realized that you're rational and capable of mature exchange. I'm just pretty unapologetic and bitter towards apricity trolls, whether they're spanish, afghan or turkish!
    Last edited by Odelia; 01-11-2024 at 04:38 AM.

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 12:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Galactic Turkic Khaganate
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Chudoid
    Politics
    La Turquie Kemaliste
    Religion
    Cult Imperialis
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 903
    Given: 629

3 Not allowed!

Fair enough. What do you think of Georgians and their hardcore Christianity?
    Nothing? I don't care. I'm not a Georgian. I feel like you don't like Turks very much.

Oh trust me. Those that were here (and are banned for being utterly nasty and clueless) have identified as Europeans and have posted only atlantid/nordic looking Turks to justify and validate themselves.
    Not my problem. I'm not one of them.

See, when a Turk is an ethnic Arab you call them that; ethnic Arab. But Turks of Greek, Georgian or anything that is 'whiter', they're labeled as plainly Turks. See the bias? What exactly are "outliers"? A lot of Turks from the southeast looked very similar to Syrians/Levantines when I watched footage of the 2023 earthquake.
    You're making shit up. I've never said nor claimed such a thing. They're as much Turkish as I am. But it doesn't change the fact that they're not genetically Turkish. Anatolian Turks have their own unique gene pool. We're probably the most distinguishable people in this region due to our East Eurasian/Turkic heritage. You can easily tell if someone is a Turk. If you're not able to make this distinction it means you are not well informed about the subject.

We're experts on picking up bias. You just want to plot with north caucasians because they're northernmost = lighter, more euro shifted. Yes, Turks in the north will be more related to them. But you turn a blind eye towards your fellow turks in the south that border syria and iraq - Oh wait, but they're not really Turks according to some of y'all -- you'll call them ethnic Iraqis, Kurds, Syrians living in Turkey, which is such a cop out thing to do! But those in the north aren't ethnic georgians, circassians, etc (like you are?). Hm..
    Gedmatch is outdated and inaccurate. As you can see here even the most Levantine-shifted Turks from Hatay are genetically closer to North Caucasians than their Levantine neighbors. Syrians are not even in the top 50 on the distance list. You truly have no idea about the ethnogenesis of the Anatolian Turks.

ottomanturk

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Nothing? I don't care. I'm not a Georgian. I feel like you don't like Turks very much.
    I don't mind them. Some of the Turks here on this forum have been pretty nasty, but I judge them as individuals. I'm also not a fan of Turkish history (i.e. Ottomans). But I have nothing against Turks as individuals!

You're making shit up. I've never said nor claimed such a thing. They're as much Turkish as I am. But it doesn't change the fact that they're not genetically Turkish. Anatolian Turks have their own unique gene pool. We're probably the most distinguishable people in this region due to our East Eurasian/Turkic heritage. You can easily tell if someone is a Turk. If you're not able to make this distinction it means you are not well informed about the subject.
    Again making it about you. I didn't say "you" individually. I said people of your background tend to do this here.

Gedmatch is outdated and inaccurate. As you can see here even the most Levantine-shifted Turks from Hatay are genetically closer to North Caucasians than their Levantine neighbors. Syrians are not even in the top 50 on the distance list. You truly have no idea about the ethnogenesis of the Anatolian Turks.

Gedmatch is dated? Says who? You? Nah, I still think you're ditching it because it showcases (southeastern) Turkish individuals that plot closer to Iranians, Assyrians and Kurds. The idea of being related to a Levantine is a taboo in your mindset and many Turks here for some reason.

I'll say it again, the Ottomans raped and pillaged people (this is a fact, I'm not hating Turks) and therefore today Turks are mostly a mishmash of groups - Greek, Armenian, Kurdish, Iranian, Mongol, Azeri, Bosniak, Circassian, even Levantine (if one would count the south - but you don't conveniently and you slam "dated" when trusted sources but Syrians close to you). Yes, native Anatolians exist but so much admixture has happened - That's why Turks look so diverse! And this is not a bad thing.

And the Turks here in the US? They usually side with their Muslim Levantine, Persian and Kurdish brethren on all issues. They'd be in cliques with them here in the bars. They generally avoid white Americans and even the Christian Greeks/Iraqis/Syrians. And I hear it's the same with German Turks. But strange, these in this forum want to tag along with atlantids, nordics and other European types, whilst viewing Syrians as "rapefugees" (which is so funny to me because right wing Europe views Turks that way too). I'm not saying this antagonistically, I'm just telling you what I experience.

My favourite YouTuber is a an atheist Turk btw (Apostate Prophet). He recognizes the Armenian genocide and he's very sweet & down to earth.

https://www.youtube.com/@ApostateProphet

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,270
    Given: 4,558

1 Not allowed!

I'll say it again, the Ottomans raped and pillaged people (this is a fact, I'm not hating Turks) and therefore today Turks are mostly a mishmash of groups - Greek, Armenian, Kurdish, Iranian, Mongol, Azeri, Bosniak, Circassian, even Levantine
    This isnt a fact at all and only an alternative fake history based on hatred toward Ottoman Turks. All genetic researches make it clear today that ethnic Turks are descendandts of Ottoman Turks and pre-Turkic Anatolians+Thracians and later additions, after Balkan and Caucasian wars people from that regions immigrated to Turkey and became part of enthnic Turks. On the other hand, there was no immigration from south and we historically had almost zero connection with southern neighbors. Therefore its not surprising that theyre alien people to us. If you dont want to believe this due to emotional reasons its your problem.

Southeastern people (Kurds and other likely ethnics) are already people of the region, it shouldnt be surprising that theyre close to Iranians, Iraqis etc. They are not Turks racially, they have no Turkic ancestors.
    Last edited by Hektor12; 01-12-2024 at 10:47 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,320
    Given: 1,211

0 Not allowed!

I don't mind them. Some of the Turks here on this forum have been pretty nasty, but I judge them as individuals. I'm also not a fan of Turkish history (i.e. Ottomans). But I have nothing against Turks as individuals!

Again making it about you. I didn't say "you" individually. I said people of your background tend to do this here.

Gedmatch is dated? Says who? You? Nah, I still think you're ditching it because it showcases (southeastern) Turkish individuals that plot closer to Iranians, Assyrians and Kurds. The idea of being related to a Levantine is a taboo in your mindset and many Turks here for some reason.

I'll say it again, the Ottomans raped and pillaged people (this is a fact, I'm not hating Turks) and therefore today Turks are mostly a mishmash of groups - Greek, Armenian, Kurdish, Iranian, Mongol, Azeri, Bosniak, Circassian, even Levantine (if one would count the south - but you don't conveniently and you slam "dated" when trusted sources but Syrians close to you). Yes, native Anatolians exist but so much admixture has happened - That's why Turks look so diverse! And this is not a bad thing.

And the Turks here in the US? They usually side with their Muslim Levantine, Persian and Kurdish brethren on all issues. They'd be in cliques with them here in the bars. They generally avoid white Americans and even the Christian Greeks/Iraqis/Syrians. And I hear it's the same with German Turks. But strange, these in this forum want to tag along with atlantids, nordics and other European types, whilst viewing Syrians as "rapefugees" (which is so funny to me because right wing Europe views Turks that way too). I'm not saying this antagonistically, I'm just telling you what I experience.

My favourite YouTuber is a an atheist Turk btw (Apostate Prophet). He recognizes the Armenian genocide and he's very sweet & down to earth.

https://www.youtube.com/@ApostateProphet
    Lmao apostate profit and Christian princeas been debunked thousands of times and is a running joke in the YouTube Muslim community .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information