Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Constantly worried about my health to the point of utter disgust, along with other worries.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

15 Not allowed!

Default Constantly worried about my health to the point of utter disgust, along with other worries.

Ever since my grandma was admitted in the hospital just before Christmas, and especially after she passed away towards the end of the year, I've been hopping on and off from anything that manifests remotely as a symptom in any part of my body. First it was haemorrhoids thinking there was something wrong with my colon, then it was my chest and heart rate thinking it was my heart and now it's with some headaches and some very slight tremors thinking there's something wrong in my brain (well, physically probably nothing, mentally however...).

I honestly am sick of my hypochondria at this point. I'm pretty sure that all of this is purely due to my constant stress, generated both by my grandma's loss and the impending exams period which is quite stressful given the subject matter in each of the courses I currently give. I don't even know where to even focus and concentrate to anymore. It's sickening to the core.

I'm sorry if this seems weird or abrupt, I just wanted to vent a bit.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    romanian canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 181

2 Not allowed!

Its not weird . I was kinda in the same boat. My grandma has dementia. For awhile I was worried that was going be my fate too. I was so worried that some days I felt I was losing my memory that how bad my fear was

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    I larp as a Celt
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn + Alpinid + Nordomediterranid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,209
    Given: 12,961

6 Not allowed!

I understand you.

After my Grandpa died this month i couldn't think about anything else except 'bout him after some days happened is like the loss of him and all my personal problems mixed together and i started to get headaches again something that i used to have a lot like 2 years ago due the stress, or i sometimes have some random sudden chest pain.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ioas12 View Post
    Its not weird . I was kinda in the same boat. My grandma has dementia. For awhile I was worried that was going be my fate too
    Thing is... That's not new to me.

I actually have been hypochondriac on and off ever since I was 14-15 years old. I always have been checking if I have any serious disease, because I always want to have the maximum best health possible. But anything that appears as a symptom will make me worry to the point that I have (knock on wood 3 times) the untold disease. Or that I'll go from a cardiac arrest. It's. Absurd.
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I understand you.

After my Grandpa died this month i couldn't think about anything else except 'bout him after some days happened is like the loss of him and all my personal problems mixed together and i started to get headaches again something that i used to have a lot like 2 years ago due the stress, or i sometimes have some random sudden chest pain.
    Exactly that. Or when my words get mumbled (that however is a trait I always had, unfortunately, even though I'm told I speak with clarity). It's devastating.

Stress is a big killer, unironically. It can easily manifest into the physical realm. And I've had previous experiences which weren't good at all.
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,477
    Given: 13,190

3 Not allowed!

Read the Stoics.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    3:28
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,920
    Given: 1,564

4 Not allowed!

Don't worry, it has happened to most of us.

I try to re-center myself with physical exercise (lifting), fasting (not just food but alcohol, etc) and reading.

A quick trip could help you regain your focus and a sense of inner tranquillity, go and visit friends or family out of town, or, why not, just go somewhere new by yourself. Take your backpack and hit the road, meet new people and experience some new things for yourself.

It can be hard but you'll come out stronger in the end, regardless of how you decide to tackle it (the above were stuff that I usually did to fight my demons).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Incal View Post
    Read the Stoics.
    Quote Originally Posted by eupator View Post
    Don't worry, it has happened to most of us.

I try to re-center myself with physical exercise (lifting), fasting (not just food but alcohol, etc) and reading.

A quick trip could help you regain your focus and a sense of inner tranquillity, go and visit friends or family out of town, or, why not, just go somewhere new by yourself. Take your backpack and hit the road, meet new people and experience some new things for yourself.

It can be hard but you'll come out stronger in the end, regardless of how you decide to tackle it (the above were stuff that I usually did to fight my demons).
    Thank you both for your advice. Once I get done with my exams, I'll get back to these activities, because prior to all of this I was actively or as best as possible engaged with them. It'd be best indeed if I returned to them.
    - Επίκουρος

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    @
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 521
    Given: 784

1 Not allowed!

It is probably easier said than done, but you shouldn't worry so much about your health especially if you don't have any bad habits like smoking, heavy drinking or drug use.

It probably has a lot to do with all the fear that the health & pharmaceutical companies are spreading around about new diseases and the news agencies that are amplifying it and subjecting people to it constantly.

I would say do your medical check ups, but I would not worry about the rest. Constant worrying might actually make you sick even if you didn't have any conditions to begin with. Just take care of your diet, exercise, get enough sleep do your best and stop worrying about everything.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,330
    Given: 3,036

1 Not allowed!

Nowadays, I am literally in the same boat, and it causes me anxiety. Last year, I had a terrible cold that made me feel like my left ear was clogged for about a month. This clogged sensation, which is usually diagnosed by doctors as blocked eustachian tubes, literally drove me crazy and annoyed me as hell. I went to ENT two or three times because of this. After about three months, I went to an ENT in a private hospital because the state hospital ENT refused to measure the pressure in my ears. Even though it had been three months. In the private hospital, it turned out that the pressure in my left ear is a bit higher than in my right ear.

Nowadays, out of randomness, my brain unintentionally focuses on my left ear. I literally feel every stupid sensation going on there. Normally, I wouldn't even notice. But, for some reason, I notice it.

PS: I am a guy who experienced a ruptured lumbar disc, which is far more painful than the situation I described above. For about a month, because of pain, I only slept around 3–4 hours, but this didn't annoy me as much as my ear did.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information