Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Axis of freedom,How Russia is destroying American liberal order in the mud of Ukrainian plains!

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 02:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellen-Epirus
    Ancestry
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Hero
    Pletho Gemistus.
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 450

0 Not allowed!

Default The Axis of freedom,How Russia is destroying American liberal order in the mud of Ukrainian plains!

Last Online
    02-04-2024 @ 06:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ulster Scot/Welsh/German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Tennessee
    Hero
    Andy Jackson
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 490
    Given: 240

6 Not allowed!

Axis of Freedom. LOL

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

2 Not allowed!

North Korea, Venezuela,Cuba, Iran, Russia and China together, with ocassional interventions of Yemeni Houtis and Hamas&Al Fatah: "War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Western Hunter-Gatherer
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,828
    Given: 828

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by robertb View Post
    Axis of Freedom. LOL

The author of this video on YouTube is spreading a soft propaganda that the inner conditions in Russia are anything like in Iran, China or North Korea.

A lot of people already repeat it as a given, without a second thought, because it was pushed for almost a decade at this point, roughly from the time when the conflict in Ukraine started.

Last Online
    02-04-2024 @ 06:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ulster Scot/Welsh/German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Tennessee
    Hero
    Andy Jackson
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 490
    Given: 240

0 Not allowed!

I like Russians a lot, I'm lucky to have Russian in-laws and thru them friends also. So if anything I have a pro Russian bias. Like anywhere there are problems but personally from what I've seen I would not mind living there. For sure I imagine some people think it is a hellhole with secret police watching your every move. lol

But to say those 3 represent freedom is just laughable. Russians are not stupid and know what they want, China is loving their exports and the other 2 loving to stick it to the great satan.

As far as Ukraine I think they should start talking with Russia today. The average American done forgot about them and this is an election year so maybe the next group in power may not be what they want.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Russki View Post
    The author of this video on YouTube is spreading a soft propaganda that the inner conditions in Russia are anything like in Iran, China or North Korea.

A lot of people already repeat it as a given, without a second thought, because it was pushed for almost a decade at this point, roughly from the time when the conflict in Ukraine started.
    In relation to some issues, such as freedom of the press, denial of any possibility of political opposition, renewal of leaders, separation of powers, constant paranoia promoting the idea of ​​the external enemy, etc... you are becoming more and more alike.

Apart from that, it is very clear that if you form an "axis" as a group, you will share things, an axis that is basically based on hatred by the way.

You could have been something else, and your master Putin chose for you.

If I little like the drift that Western society was taking in the way it imposed certain ideological aspects, I like even less what that "axis" basically represents.

What "offers" that "axis" is not a better alternative, nor in the best scenario do you have anything better to offer than what we already have here, even considering the many things that would have to change and with which I do not agree.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, Russia and China together, with ocassional interventions of Yemeni Houtis and Hamas&Al Fatah: "War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
    One thing I do find ironic is this: romanticising non-Western countries (often though not necessarily tyrannies) as a virtuous alternative to the supposed decadence and anomie of the West used to be a mostly left-wing vice. Since at least the end of the Cold War, however, this tendency has noticeably shifted rightwards (you forgot to add semi-democratic Hungary into that list too).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    One thing I do find ironic is this: romanticising non-Western countries (often though not necessarily tyrannies) as a virtuous alternative to the supposed decadence and anomie of the West used to be a mostly left-wing vice. Since at least the end of the Cold War, however, this tendency has noticeably shifted rightwards (you forgot to add semi-democratic Hungary into that list too).
    In Spain both extremes are who are idealizing all this, but yes, it is striking that the most rancid right suddenly begins to admire and look for references in it when, as you say, it was the left that traditionally did it.

I do not want to be misunderstood, I believe that a review of the underlying ideas that move the West is necessary, and I believe that some things proposed by "non-Western" people are valid, with some nuances and limits.

But the revision must be capitalized by ourselves, not imposed or supervised by anyone foreign to us, and even less in a warlike environment and by someone suspected of being interested in overthrowing our side to impose their hegemony at all costs and by any means, because the supposedly no-interested tutelage most likely would end up causing submission or subordination.

Veteran Member Your Old Comrade's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-06-2024 @ 05:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Northern France, Wallonia
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Utrecht
    Taxonomy
    Borreby
    Politics
    All Politicians Are Bastards
    Religion
    MGTOW
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,190
    Given: 8,122

0 Not allowed!

Axis ? Sure. But not lf freedom.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    In Spain both extremes are who are idealizing all this, but yes, it is striking that the most rancid right suddenly begins to admire and look for references in it when, as you say, it was the left that traditionally did it.

I do not want to be misunderstood, I believe that a review of the underlying ideas that move the West is necessary, and I believe that some things proposed by "non-Western" people are valid, with some nuances and limits.

But the revision must be capitalized by ourselves, not imposed or supervised by anyone foreign to us, and even less in a warlike environment and by someone suspected of being interested in overthrowing our side to impose their hegemony at all costs and by any means, because the supposedly no-interested tutelage most likely would end up causing submission or subordination.
    This being said, there are two crucial exceptions to what I wrote above:

(1) Nazi Germany, which had more than a few foreign sympathisers, such as the British Union of Fascists and Action Francaise.
    (2) Franco himself, who did attract right-wing fighters from other countries with his claim to be fighting for the values of family, church and patriotism.

And as a side note, while I am no big fan of Russia, equally there is something more than a little dissonant and OTT about the Russophobia of many Eastern Europeans, who have very quickly embraced American language and culture since 1989. (Similarly, it is really dissonant when some Catalan nationalists seek to replace Spanish with English in the name of anti-imperialism, and likewise some Francophone countries wishing to do the same with French for English. As Jose Marti once said, "one does not become free merely by choosing their new master".)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information