Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,464
    Given: 7,907

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kessaras View Post
    You guys are delusional as hell lmao. Why do you guys think beggars exist? What if they don't have the necessary requirements? Do you really think there are jobs for everyone who has the necessary requirements? Zeno Have you ever searched for a job? Have you ever looked at how many applications receive a random job?
    I actually have applied for a job. And they've accepted my applications. Thing is, I declined due to my studies. But after them, I will work. But right now, due to obligations of studies and various others, I simply cannot. Plus, my stress would be exacerbated if I were to work right now. Greek companies aren't exactly chill, to say the least. They're very pressuring.

I have worked for two months for an internship at the Ministry of the Interior. Like so many others. Trust me, you wouldn't believe the amount of paperwork I had to handle, and I was just the rookie.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    05-07-2024 @ 06:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Oh, I remember that, and I said Germany implemented incentives for having children, but their birth rate is still declining. The issue is more nuanced than a simple demographic imbalance. Educated individuals often prioritize the quality of their children's upbringing over quantity. They tend to have fewer children, ensuring they can provide meticulous care and attention, including opportunities like piano lessons and enrollment in private schools. Their focus lies in effectively managing a smaller family size to offer a higher standard of care and education, rather than opting for a larger family that might be more challenging to handle comprehensively. However, there are many people who don't want to spend their lives taking care of children. Instead, they want to live their lives for themselves.
    Except that Germany's policies are successful...

For the immigrants living there. The ethnic Germans themselves most of the time chose not to have children, even though no matter their education level and dedication, they could, which was taken advantage of, first by the gastarbeiter, then by the next generations of immigrants, who took all the benefits for themselves.

These incentives should have been strictly directed towards Germans. But hey, we're talking about a product of the Allied Occupation and of indoctrination from Kollektivschuld...
    - Επίκουρος

Banned
    Last Online
    05-07-2024 @ 09:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,386
    Given: 3,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    I actually have applied for a job. And they've accepted my applications. Thing is, I declined due to my studies. But after them, I will work. But right now, due to obligations of studies and various others, I simply cannot. Plus, my stress would be exacerbated if I were to work right now. Greek companies aren't exactly chill, to say the least. They're very pressuring.

I have worked for two months for an internship at the Ministry of the Interior. Like so many others. Trust me, you wouldn't believe the amount of paperwork I had to handle, and I was just the rookie.
    https://www.amna.gr/en/article/79226...0on%20Thursday.

"Greece will see an annual growth of around 2.4% in real terms in 2024 and an unemployment rate of around 10.5%, according to the assessment of the Foundation for Economic & Industrial Research (IOBE) and its quarterly report (4/2023)"

University of Warwick has a paper about trends and causes of unemployment in Greece. Even though my argument was general, one of the causes of unemployment, according to this paper, is that the demand for individuals with high qualifications does not match the supply. So there are more applicants for a job than are needed. There are various reasons too; whatever, let's get back to my point.

Greece has an unemployment rate of around 10%, so what will happen to those people if you cut welfare, etc.?

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/ier/publications/2006/katsanevas_and__livanos_2006.pdf
    Last edited by Kess; 02-01-2024 at 11:51 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Except that Germany's policies are successful...
    No, it's not

"Germany’s Federal Statistical Office revealed that a total of 738,819 babies were born in 2022, dropping 8% from 2021 to 1.46 children per woman, the lowest rate registered since 2013 when the average was 1.42 children per woman, Die Welt reports."

"The birthrate of 1.46 children per woman, as the statistical researchers note, is well below the 2.1 children that would have to be born per woman in order for a population to replace itself."

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

No, it's not

"Germany’s Federal Statistical Office revealed that a total of 738,819 babies were born in 2022, dropping 8% from 2021 to 1.46 children per woman, the lowest rate registered since 2013 when the average was 1.42 children per woman, Die Welt reports."

"The birthrate of 1.46 children per woman, as the statistical researchers note, is well below the 2.1 children that would have to be born per woman in order for a population to replace itself."
    It seems like you conveniently dismissed the phrase immediately below what you quoted which was:

For the immigrants living there.
    If you do this all the time, then stop wasting my time.
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

https://www.amna.gr/en/article/79226...0on%20Thursday.

"Greece will see an annual growth of around 2.4% in real terms in 2024 and an unemployment rate of around 10.5%, according to the assessment of the Foundation for Economic & Industrial Research (IOBE) and its quarterly report (4/2023)"

University of Warwick has a paper about trends and causes of unemployment in Greece. Even though my argument was general, one of the causes of unemployment, according to this paper, is that the demand for individuals with high qualifications does not match the supply. So there are more applicants for a job than are needed. There are various reasons too; whatever, let's get back to my point.

Greece has an unemployment rate of around 10%, so what will happen to those people if you cut welfare, etc.?

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/ier/publications/2006/katsanevas_and__livanos_2006.pdf
    Most of these people already have pretty insufficient welfare. They already are left out by the state. Here's your answer. As for them finding a job, they could find it, if employers weren't offering ridiculously low salaries and weren't excluding insurance.
    - Επίκουρος

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

It seems like you conveniently dismissed the phrase immediately below what you quoted which was:

If you do this all the time, then stop wasting my time.

Good I was planning not to waste my time with a guy who does not even understand fertility rate accounts for the total population including immigrants.
    Last edited by Kess; 02-01-2024 at 12:27 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Most of these people already have pretty insufficient welfare. They already are left out by the state. Here's your answer. As for them finding a job, they could find it, if employers weren't offering ridiculously low salaries and weren't excluding insurance.

This isn't something I do not know. It’s good that you learned that welfare checks are not the sole reason for unemployment. Now it’s Scarface’s turn to learn that.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

[/B]
    This isn't something I do not know. It’s good that you learned that welfare checks are not the sole reason for unemployment. Now it’s Scarface’s turn to learn that.
    Who even didn't know that benefits of will get you nowhere in Greece? Honestly, don't be sarcastic, because you actually know shit about how welfare in Greece is actually structured and how many are given to unemployed individuals, which is a mere pittance. Way more funds for welfare are given to gypsies and immigrants, unironically. Since 2020 for examples if you prove you're a refugee, and you have children, you get 1594€ per child. Something that no native will actually ever receive, even if he wished for it in his wildest dreams.
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Good I was planning not to waste my time with a guy who does not even understand fertility rate accounts for the total population including immigrants.
    Except I was referring to how the fertility rate and the incentives given to combat its fall, are acting against the native population and in favour of the immigrants. Because low fertility rate amongst the natives+ high fertility rate amongst the immigrants= declining population but with a replaced or significantly altered demographic consistency of the total population of x country.
    - Επίκουρος

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information