Map of all my known ancestral towns, villages, and cities, sorted by immigration event to the New World. I am American with some Canadian ancestry as well.

Electoral Palatine Flag: 1710 New York Palatine Migration
Prinsenvlag: 1614–1667 New Netherland Settlers
New England Flag: 1620-1640 Great Puritan Migration
Quebec Flag: 1617-1754 Quebec Settlers
Acadia Flag: 1604–1713 Acadia Settlers
Scotland Flag: 1750 – 1860 Highland Clearances Migration
German Flag: 19th and 20th Century Ellis Island German Immigrants
Union Jack: 19th Century Ellis Island British Immigrants
Swedish Flag: 19th Century Ellis Island Swedish Immigrants

I tried to go as far back as I could but I cut off my noble ancestral lines around 1500 so I didn't end up placing flags all over the continent. Also, not all markers are equal, as the 6 Swedish towns contribute the same amount to my DNA as all the Quebec and Acadian flags combined. Also I don't represent overlap, for many towns (London, Rouen, La Rochelle, etc.) had multiple ancestors from different lines that originated there, yet the towns still only have one flag to represent them. The sample size on Quebec, New England, Palatines, and Acadia is probably large enough that this map of my ancestors is representative for a typical person descended from the same populations. However, my Dutch sample size is too small and is notably lacking Scandinavians, as many of the old New Netherland settlers were Danish and Norwegian. Lastly, the Welsh flag and the Irish flag are somewhat speculative, for my Welsh ancestor was born in England to Welsh parents but I don't know the exact town they were from in Wales. Also, all I know of my one Irish ancestor was that he was from County Cork, but not the specific town.