Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,058
    Given: 5,709

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    I don't deny that for many if not most citizens in China, life is actually pretty good, especially compared to the not-too-distant past. This doesn't negate, however, the repression suffered by the Tibetans, Uighyurs, Falun Gong movement and the most vocal dissidents of the Chinese regime. But yes, it is not such a black-and-white issue that we in the West are indeed indoctrinated to believe.
    We didn't discuss that as vast majority of Chinese live far away from those regions. We discussed religion and he told me he freely attends Catholic church there but that church is indeed under control of CCP and they apoint bishops as well.

As for religious attitude of Chinese he told me they are very atheist but culturally still heavily influenced by buddhism and confucianism. Religions in China differ from western ones, they are more of a philosophical systems. State is very repressive of Islam however as they see it as threat. Christianity is actually getting interest from Chinese and Koreans.

To sum up, he opened a firm that recruits Croats and other Balkanites to find skilled work in China. He says he was inspired because most of his classmates emigrated to Germany and he wanted to offer better alternative where one can earn good money, live nicely and cost of living is much lower. And to return home one day with accumulated capital and know how.

Plus he said foreigners are positively discriminated in China and that Chinese society is extremely family oriented which he appreciates.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

N.B. And don't forget their lockdowns were much more draconian than anything found in the West.
    They weren't. He even recorded videos during that time. It was overblown BS by western propaganda machine.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    To sum up, he opened a firm that recruits Croats and other Balkanites to find skilled work in China. He says he was inspired because most of his classmates emigrated to Germany and he wanted to offer better alternative where one can earn good money, live nicely and cost of living is much lower. And to return home one day with accumulated capital and know how.

Plus he said foreigners are positively discriminated in China and that Chinese society is extremely family oriented which he appreciates.
    Aren't you someone who says that Croats abroad should return home and help rebuild and improve the country? And I doubt that Blacks or Japanese in China are 'positively discriminated'. Aren't you usually contemptuous towards White worship and cuckery? (And I think it is exaggerated in China and other similar nations anyway: certainly, I very strongly doubt they'd support anything like unlimited immigration for Westerners to their country, anymore than Westerners would be happy about unlimited immigration of Chinese to their countries for that matter).

N.B. I am not trying to be awkward, just playing Devil's advocate.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

They weren't. He even recorded videos during that time. It was overblown BS by western propaganda machine.
    Not even during 2022, when people were forbidden from leaving their homes and some families were even separated because their homes were being used as quarantine centres?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Aren't you someone who says that Croats abroad should return home and help rebuild and improve the country?
    Yes. He is exactly planning to do that. To return as somebody. Guy is brilliant, learned Mandarin on his own, won Chinese government scholarship to study there, lives there on his own and has several businesses operating there. It's good to create business network and connections with the Chinese. We will need such people.

And I doubt that Blacks or Japanese in China are 'positively discriminated'.
    He has friends who are full blacks from Africa and came to work to China as DJs. They live fine there. Chinese debt slavery in Africa is another thing. That is indeed rutheless capitalism, but well. They do it because they can. I oppose it.

Aren't you usually contemptuous towards White worship and cuckery? (And I think it is exaggerated in China and other similar nations anyway: certainly, I very strongly doubt they'd support anything like unlimited immigration for Westerners to their country, anymore than Westerners would be happy about unlimited immigration of Chinese to their countries for that matter).

N.B. I am not trying to be awkward, just playing Devil's advocate.
    Chinese are very much trying to recruit intellectual high value western workers, menagers, because they want their knowledge. As I was told rural Chinese pretty much oppose marriage to foreigners while urban ones do not.

Overall, he described Chinese youth as quite relaxed and shy compared to westerners. I spoke to some via FaceApp and they were extremely friendly. Most of them dream to become scientists and to take care of their parents. Quite a difference compared to western youth who dreams to become influencers.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    mtDNA
    H10e*
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Not even during 2022, when people were forbidden from leaving their homes and some families were even separated because their homes were being used as quarantine centres?
    He lived in Hainan, large island in south Chinese sea at that time and there were no such measures there. I can't say for every province.

Furthermore, west is spreading wishful thinking narrative how Chinese economy is going down the toilet every day. I guess hope dies last.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,810
    Given: 13,754

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voskos View Post
    We Greeks see all non Greeks as barbarians, in the sense that they'll never understand what it means to live free. There is no civilization on this earth that has lived free like the Greeks did. Unfortunately, we got destroyed and now we're mongrels and our populations love dictatorships too.
    The Dicktatorship absolves people from having to deal with having oppinions about complex issues, many people like simple
    solutions and world views also blind faith towards one party is less complicated than having to think about different options of multi partys.

Some people choose the Dominatrix and just be told what to do because needs less thinking and just be a compliant robot/sheep/slave going through the motions.

Extra points are scored by any Robot/Shhep/Slaeve for identifying and ostracising the less compliant ones whom dare speak out against the Dominatrix/System.
    Ala you are with us or .....
    Something like that
    https://vocaroo.com/1f1IYpCqGQPy
    one thing I can tell you is you got to be free

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes. He is exactly planning to do that. To return as somebody. Guy is brilliant, learned Mandarin on his own, won Chinese government scholarship to study there, lives there on his own and has several businesses operating there. It's good to create business network and connections with the Chinese. We will need such people.
    Great.

He has friends who are full blacks from Africa and came to work to China as DJs. They live fine there.
    I think he and you are a bit starry-eyed about Chinese attitudes towards foreigners (especially Blacks). Still, from what I have read and heard, I agree that most of the time foreign workers are actually treated better in China than in e.g. the Gulf Arab countries (or parts of the West itself, for that matter).

Chinese are very much trying to recruit intellectual high value western workers, menagers, because they want their knowledge.
    Exactly, selective immigration. They don't just want any Westerners, no matter how dumb or limited they might be.

As I was told rural Chinese pretty much oppose marriage to foreigners while urban ones do not.
    Makes sense, and is no different to attitudes in many other places (including to some extent here in the West).

Overall, he described Chinese youth as quite relaxed and shy compared to westerners. I spoke to some via FaceApp and they were extremely friendly. Most of them dream to become scientists and to take care of their parents. Quite a difference compared to western youth who dreams to become influencers.
    Nor should we get too starry-eyed about Chinese family values either, at least if their birth rates and abortion rates are anything to go by. Please don't fall into the trap of what Konstantin Kisin calls "the Woke Right" - disaffected Western right-wingers who think that some faraway country (whether Russia, China, India, Saudi Arabia or wherever) offers a totally wholesome and virtuous alternative to the 'decadent' and hedonistic West.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

He lived in Hainan, large island in south Chinese sea at that time and there were no such measures there. I can't say for every province.

Furthermore, west is spreading wishful thinking narrative how Chinese economy is going down the toilet every day. I guess hope dies last.
    It is true that its growth rates aren't as high as pre-2008, but still far better than most Western countries. Your Old Comrade before he departed was constantly posting videos about China's supposed implosion indeed.

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 12:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,034
    Given: 3,138

2 Not allowed!

I think they were generally harsher with their measures, but in the West they were heading in a dangerous direction too.

There are videos in which it is shown how people were forcibly tested (which I don't think happened in West)
    Spoiler!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information