Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,567
    Given: 4,815

2 Not allowed!

Never, with one look they would tremble, and if someone went too far I would say, "Next time I will open your skull.
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:35 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balto-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Swamps
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    mtDNA
    H1c
    Hero
    sprinkle sprinkle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,105
    Given: 1,181

2 Not allowed!

No, I was our grade leader according to some psychological test given to us by the school counselor.
    I was involved in some regular middle and high school drama but never bullied. I bullied the bullies, never their victims.

Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    North African
    Country
    Tunisia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 87

0 Not allowed!

Never. I was tall at a young age and buff (started going to the gym at 14 years old). Once or twice I had to have a street fight to determine the true alpha of the pack. If internet was as present at that time you probably would have seen one of my street fights on twitter.

Other than that I was somewhat popular, I had friends in both groups (popular and loser) because I've always been a geek too.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,286
    Given: 13,637

1 Not allowed!

There was no such thing as bullies and geeks when I went to school. Everybody got along.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,669
    Given: 10,407

1 Not allowed!

Never bullied by other children and never felt the need to bully others. I saw it happen but no one let it go too far. However, how I saw it and how the victim felt were likely completely different, looking back.
    Nine out of ten concerns are completely unfounded.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface F View Post
    Nope because I was considered evil child and others were afraid of me. I was friends with 3 most popular and pretty girls in my class, but I was odd one among them. Peers tried to bully me because I looked like a boy, and I was extremely bothered by that but never showed it in public and always had sharp answer to taunts because I somewhow always had gift to see people's weaknesses and how to exploit it if needed.
    You do come to across as very intelligent. As a little unfortunately I did got bully for being very quiet and introvert. But when I started reaching puberty my personality changed enough for me to become mean and defend myself.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    There was no such thing as bullies and geeks when I went to school. Everybody got along.
    You are a boomer aren't ya?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PlattitüdenPaule View Post
    Not proud of it, but I was actually the school bully back then.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    35% South Italian / 29% Finnish / 18% Norwegian / 8% Lithuanian/ 6% North Italy / 4% Sweden
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 49

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    You do come to across as very intelligent. As a little unfortunately I did got bully for being very quiet and introvert. But when I started reaching puberty my personality changed enough for me to become mean and defend myself.
    It's sad that someone has to become "mean" in order to not be fucked with. I was lucky that I really was never put into those situations, honestly.

I basically went through the same process as yourself though, internally, and I've never actually been fucked with as an adult but I'm always ready for it at the same time. As kind and as compassionate as I believe myself to be. (Never smart to objectively call yourself something that is up to other people to ultimately decide, is it?)

It's funny that I'm not even a large guy, but for a smaller guy I have a physique that doesn't invite "come fuck with me" and I've never had that meek attitude either as I grew older.. It helps to have that inner confidence when you know you can bench press 300+ lbs for example or know that you've broken tough shit with a punch out of anger. I have always been physically adept. I just didn't know it as an 11 year old when some other kid would say some stupid shit to try and insult me. That's childish shit anyway though, who cares if someone does that to you as a kid. It doesn't really affect your life if you're otherwise left alone and it never gets physical.

At least until one time a kid did get physical with me and I basically man-handled him out of necessity.. He never tried that shit again, I think that he was super surprised at how I just grabbed his arm and did whatever. lol. I've always been a super mellow friendly guy throughout my late teens and my 20s, but lately I've been succumbing to shit like road rage and getting really nasty with people doing stupid shit. I think it was related to job stress and just how shitty society's become in general. I still try to treat every individual person the same until they give a reason.

It's not the best way to go about your day to day since especially nowadays it just takes one nut job to put a bullet through your chest or your head over something that is petty nonsense. That's becoming more and more common, ain't it? Despite what some in here'll say, being a tough guy has never not been overrated. The toughest individual sheep or ram or bull or whatever you want to call them, will never overcome the herd no matter how hard they try. The house always wins.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Saitama View Post
    It's sad that someone has to become "mean" in order to not be fucked with. I was lucky that I really was never put into those situations, honestly.

I basically went through the same process as yourself though, internally, and I've never actually been fucked with as an adult but I'm always ready for it at the same time. As kind and as compassionate as I believe myself to be. (Never smart to objectively call yourself something that is up to other people to ultimately decide, is it?)

It's funny that I'm not even a large guy, but for a smaller guy I have a physique that doesn't invite "come fuck with me" and I've never had that meek attitude either as I grew older.. It helps to have that inner confidence when you know you can bench press 300+ lbs for example or know that you've broken tough shit with a punch out of anger. I have always been physically adept. I just didn't know it as an 11 year old when some other kid would say some stupid shit to try and insult me. That's childish shit anyway though, who cares if someone does that to you as a kid. It doesn't really affect your life if you're otherwise left alone and it never gets physical.

At least until one time a kid did get physical with me and I basically man-handled him out of necessity.. He never tried that shit again, I think that he was super surprised at how I just grabbed his arm and did whatever. lol. I've always been a super mellow friendly guy throughout my late teens and my 20s, but lately I've been succumbing to shit like road rage and getting really nasty with people doing stupid shit. I think it was related to job stress and just how shitty society's become in general. I still try to treat every individual person the same until they give a reason.

It's not the best way to go about your day to day since especially nowadays it just takes one nut job to put a bullet through your chest or your head over something that is petty nonsense. That's becoming more and more common, ain't it? Despite what some in here'll say, being a tough guy has never not been overrated. The toughest individual sheep or ram or bull or whatever you want to call them, will never overcome the herd no matter how hard they try. The house always wins.
    I'll say my true personality started developing once I became a teenager , prior to that I was very innocent shy little boy. Even to this day I can be the meanest person but also the most lovely kind.

I know some physiological facts, and bullies bully because they some how have insecurities either about their looks or something deeply going on with the environment of their home.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information