Dalmatian hinterland
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,641
    Given: 4,651

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    It seems to be a similar situation to Trieste in Slovenia. The countryside was Slovene and it was a historically Slovene region, but Italians (Venetians) urbanised it partly and became the majority over time. But unlike Croatia with Zadar, Slovenia never ended up getting it back.
    Zadar was Venetian in the period 1202-1358 and 1409-1797, and Italian 1920-1944 - total 570 years https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zadar#History
    It was much longer Italian than Croatian, it is historical fact. Zadar was capital of Venetian Dalmatia for centuries, in that time Split was an insignificant town. Split became bigger and more important in Yugoslavian period in 20th century.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    1/2 Sumadija, 1/2 SE Serbia
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    E-Y20805
    mtDNA
    H5m
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,387
    Given: 699

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    But its up to the Romani themselfes to show themselfes more, and be correct, I think Romani should be correct, and show themselfes, and show that they are correct...
    My best friend from I to IV elementary (1992-1996.) was gypsy, IV-VIII not that much and in 2012. he tried to rob me. What is correct there?

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,289
    Given: 59,047

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hazmatnik View Post
    My best friend from I to IV elementary (1992-1996.) was gypsy, IV-VIII not that much and in 2012. he tried to rob me. What is correct there?
    Did i said thats correct to rob you? I said they should be correct, of course not everyone will be, never, its never like that nowhere, but as much as possible should be correct, and show that there are gypsies who are correct. I think the gypsies were correct here they didnt looted, burned property or littered, so they were correct when they protested and celebrated end of fascism.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    E-Y20805
    mtDNA
    H5m
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Did i said thats correct to rob you? I said they should be correct, of course not everyone will be, never, its never like that nowhere, but as much as possible should be correct, and show that there are gypsies who are correct. I think the gypsies were correct here they didnt looted, burned property or littered, so they were correct when they protested and celebrated end of fascism.
    Objectively i know some are correct, subjectively i didn't have such experiences.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Objectively i know some are correct, subjectively i didn't have such experiences.
    our experiences are also shaped by our expecations and imaginations and prejudices for example your subjective experience with your brothers will be different then with someone who is your enemy, you would also rather turn a blind eye on what your brother does, or your father, you would probably less likely view your father as bad guy or brother, so its really subjective also the experiences, i dont know but you probably like most never liked gypsies, or did have certain prejudices probably also your parents raised or taught you stories about gypsies like usually they do

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    E-Y20805
    mtDNA
    H5m
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

our experiences are also shaped by our expecations and imaginations and prejudices for example your subjective experience with your brothers will be different then with someone who is your enemy, you would also rather turn a blind eye on what your brother does, or your father, you would probably less likely view your father as bad guy or brother, so its really subjective also the experiences, i dont know but you probably like most never liked gypsies, or did have certain prejudices probably also your parents raised or taught you stories about gypsies like usually they do
    Yes and because i was raised that way my best friend I-IV grade was gypsy After they stole my best friend puppy and tried to get some money to give it back and that robbery attempt on me i just changed my mind.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes and because i was raised that way my best friend I-IV grade was gypsy After they stole my best friend puppy and tried to get some money to give it back and that robbery attempt on me i just changed my mind.
    That is a anecdote, i dont know what i can say about it, i can say only general things, certainly you do not like gypsies, because of racism, or you wouldnt say so, because if it happened to me i wouldnt say the same, so my experience with myself and my family and my friends is different then yours, you hate gypsies because of it i wouldnt so we both had maybe the same experience interpreted it differently, im stating something general that also going by certain or single experiences is subjective and selective, no? Do you think i view myself as bad? But some do. And i think im good. You think you are good, your father is good. Same as me, you view me as lazy that your sister gives me tax money, i view myself as someone who doesnt work because he is ill but a good guy. So everyone has a subjective view. That is kinda a fact, and i cannot say anything specifical regarding your experiences, just that you must hate gypsies generally.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    E-Y20805
    mtDNA
    H5m
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

That is a anecdote, i dont know what i can say about it, i can say only general things, certainly you do not like gypsies, because of racism, or you wouldnt say so, because if it happened to me i wouldnt say the same, so my experience with myself and my family and my friends is different then yours, you hate gypsies because of it i wouldnt so we both had maybe the same experience interpreted it differently, im stating something general that also going by certain or single experiences is subjective and selective, no? Do you think i view myself as bad? But some do. And i think im good. You think you are good, your father is good. Same as me, you view me as lazy that your sister gives me tax money, i view myself as someone who doesnt work because he is ill but a good guy. So everyone has a subjective view. That is kinda a fact, and i cannot say anything specifical regarding your experiences, just that you must hate gypsies generally.
    Mortimere its not anecdote its truth, we had major incident in that settlement under Pancevacki Most in 2000s, not sure if it exist nowadays. But those were some Kosovo gypsies, i guess there are differences among you too. My parents are dead long time ago, don't mention them. I don't mention yours.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Mortimere its not anecdote its truth, we had major incident in that settlement under Pancevacki Most in 2000s, not sure if it exist nowadays. But those were some Kosovo gypsies, i guess there are differences among you too.
    what if a serb kicks your dog? lets say a fan of belgrad rad football club? Would you say you hate serbs and they are animal abusers? No you would interpet it differently. Sure there are bad gypsies and someone who was good can turn bad and someone who was bad can turn good everything is possible, i just know that viewing the way through ethnic group that its a bad ethnic group and not individually, is kinda wrong, but i understand its hard not to, and many do.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

My parents are dead long time ago, don't mention them. I don't mention yours.
    Sorry, may they rest in peace, i really didnt mean in the context to insult your dead parents.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information