Ethnicity
    Sex Panther
    Taxonomy
    Nordid/DaloFaelid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I think we should replace much of higher education with apprenticeships.
    þæs ofereode, þisses swa mæg!

Last Online
    12-06-2013 @ 11:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pale Face
    Ethnicity
    Pale Ass
    Ancestry
    The southern united states.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    White Booty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    That as well.

Last Online
    05-07-2012 @ 03:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Netherlands
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    This, or a larger amount of practical work as oppossed to theoretical work. Furthermore, people who get an education and don't do anything with it, should be fined, or atleast pay increased rent. There are so many women that live on taxpayers money for 5+ years to get an education, after which they get kids and stay at home, total waste.

Last Online
    01-21-2012 @ 11:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    Then why do people insist on going to college?
    It's all to do with 'Equality and Diversity'.

The Left have been out to prove 'we're all equal' by insisting 'education is for all'.
    Memory.
    did deep down,
    I placed myself.
    My History told
    through tangled branches
    of thoughts and feelings
    Know then I....
    ....That art Thou.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Netherlands
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    It's all to do with 'Equality and Diversity'.

The Left have been out to prove 'we're all equal' by insisting 'education is for all'.
    That's ripped out of context. Education should be available for everyone, so that their education matches their potential. The Dutch system works perfectly, when you have the work ethic and brains for university, you can go to university, if you're poor or rich doesn't matter.

Progressive Collectivist Agrippa's Avatar
    Last Online
    01-17-2012 @ 01:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 364

0 Not allowed!

The current educational system on a higher level in particular, favours, in many subjects and many universities, despite other official goals, conformity and social adaptation, as well as a stamina and industriousness.

This, automatically, favours women and makes it easier for them - as well as by societal pressures or "new alternatives" they think of being "a privilege" while males do no(t) longer. This additional motivation as being "an emancipated and modern women which takes the challenge and uses the opportunities result in higher female numbers graduating. Many males take alternative chances and go into business more directly or, like I said, are not socially adapted, motivated enough and lack the stamina.

Also, consider the fact that females have a more uniform intelligence level, which means they have less extremes, while males have more peak type genius as well as plain idiots.

But again, as the main reason I consider this educational system being no longer disciplined nor hierarchical. Females will still go for social acceptance and adaptation, regardless of those pressures-structures-benefits, but many more males will fail, because this society has more and more feminised structures, which start at kindergarten and school, if considering gender-re-education and all that Cultural Marxist and Liberalist crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygg View Post
    This, or a larger amount of practical work as oppossed to theoretical work. Furthermore, people who get an education and don't do anything with it, should be fined, or atleast pay increased rent. There are so many women that live on taxpayers money for 5+ years to get an education, after which they get kids and stay at home, total waste.
    First, that is no waste, but much more productive than females which get no kids at all. Secondly, they might still work later or use their education in another way - and of course, this academic standard might prove certain qualities they have, probably at least.

Education should not be seen in an only economical, even worse Capitalist context anyway, because true education and knowledge is more than just being prepared for a job, actually, that's not the only, probably not even the main thing about classic European education, but of course, in this Liberalist crap society, too many people forgot that...

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Netherlands
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post

First, that is no waste, but much more productive than females which get no kids at all. Secondly, they might still work later or use their education in another way - and of course, this academic standard might prove certain qualities they have, probably at least.

Education should not be seen in an only economical, even worse Capitalist context anyway, because true education and knowledge is more than just being prepared for a job, actually, that's not the only, probably not even the main thing about classic European education, but of course, in this Liberalist crap society, too many people forgot that...
    I'm not saying I don't value education in everyone, be it Housewives or people devoting their life to science. It's just that when you spend that much time on getting an education with someone else's money, you should make an effort to pay your debt to society (by using it or by paying back your educational fees). I agree that an education is so much more then preparation for a job, but education that is not put into practice is still completly useless.

Progressive Collectivist Agrippa's Avatar
    Last Online
    01-17-2012 @ 01:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 364

0 Not allowed!

I'm not saying I don't value education in everyone, be it Housewives or people devoting their life to science. It's just that when you spend that much time on getting an education with someone else's money, you should make an effort to pay your debt to society (by using it or by paying back your educational fees). I agree that an education is so much more then preparation for a job, but education that is not put into practice is still completly useless.
    Being a well educated mother of valuable children, boys and girls probably, of which at least the boys will work longer, is more valuable than being a childless person doing "some job" in the economy, while losing that bloodline and valuable genetic and memetic heritage forever.

People are, in this and many other respects, just much to short term and Capitalistic oriented, on the longer run, such higher level mothers of valuable children are a great asset and if they act so, they pay back more than the average "woman in business".

Because, how many women do things so important, that is of a greater benefit to their group than valuable children and being a great mother?

Just a few, very few, especially if considering what jobs males could do as good or mothers of many children in a part time job, or even foreign contract workers...

Everything is better than those women staying childless - in most cases, if ignoring a few female genius probably and even those do better get kids as well, even if being born or raised by other women - their genes are even more valuable...

I agree that an education is so much more then preparation for a job, but education that is not put into practice is still completly useless.
    Not necessarily, if it helped a person to develop itself and come to a higher intellectual level, for example.

Many people profit from valuable education (not just ideological re-education/indoctrination) in many ways, a lot of people seem to neglect, but which might come back - in a positive way - on society again.

Question is rather, in such cases, about which studies we talk.

I mean doing a technical or medical degree without using is it surely less important for other areas of life, in most cases, than doing "classic educational studies".

With the first being also more expensive...

Last Online
    01-21-2012 @ 11:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

That's ripped out of context. Education should be available for everyone, so that their education matches their potential. The Dutch system works perfectly, when you have the work ethic and brains for university, you can go to university, if you're poor or rich doesn't matter.
    That's not how the left see it.

According to their ideology (i.e. its the envionment) everyone has the potential to be an Ernest Rutherford, hence, one, reason why they've expanded the HE system. The fact that only small section of the population has the Natural ability for academic pursuits dosn't enter their minds, and hence, again, the reason why the west now has millions of skil'less idiots running around with nothing but bits of paper.

As someone suggested, apprenticeships should be returned as means for the non-academic to aquire skills in a structured environment.
    Memory.
    did deep down,
    I placed myself.
    My History told
    through tangled branches
    of thoughts and feelings
    Know then I....
    ....That art Thou.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-29-2019 @ 11:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Czech Republic, Germany, French Huguenot, Ireland
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    apolitical
    Religion
    agnostic, born Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55

0 Not allowed!

According to their ideology (i.e. its the envionment) everyone has the potential to be an Ernest Rutherford, hence, one, reason why they've expanded the HE system. The fact that only small section of the population has the Natural ability for academic pursuits dosn't enter their minds, and hence, again, the reason why the west now has millions of skil'less idiots running around with nothing but bits of paper.
    They do it because they are making money hand-over-fist ripping off students.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information