View Poll Results: Are Spaniards closer to Moroccans than to Swedes?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moroccans

85 51.52%
  • Swedes

86 52.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Spaniards closer to Moroccans than to Swedes?

Last Online
    04-30-2014 @ 10:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hittite/Hurrian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Armenia
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid with minor Ar(meNordic)abid influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibericus View Post
    No, don't play the innocent. You started the war by posting Jews and Gypsies and passing them for Spanish and Atlanto-Meds.
    I didn't said Alessandro Gassman looks Spanish i just said Atlanto-Med i remember that he was classified as Atlanto-Med+CM/Berid just let anyone see my posts on that thread i said my mistake instead of leaving that you started to insult and Atlanto-Med=/=Spanish many Albanians are eastern Atlanto-Meds Atlanto-Pontid by phenotype too.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Ancestry
    Castilla la Vieja
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    nationalism
    Religion
    Espańa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,976
    Given: 1,059

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I didn't said Alessandro Gassman looks Spanish i just said Atlanto-Med i remember that he was classified as Atlanto-Med+CM/Berid just let anyone see my posts on that thread i said my mistake instead of leaving that you started to insult and Atlanto-Med=/=Spanish many Albanians are eastern Atlanto-Meds Atlanto-Pontid by phenotype too.
    Come on. You posted Gassman, an exotic jewish Tunisian looking guy, and called him Atlanto-Med, and called him typical of Spain. And then you posted a Gypy, the coach Quique Flores, family of the most famous spanish gypsy Lola Flores.

Last Online
    04-30-2014 @ 10:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hittite/Hurrian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Armenia
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid with minor Ar(meNordic)abid influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibericus View Post
    Come on. You posted a exotic Tunisian looking guy, and called him Atlanto-Med, and called him typical of Spain. And then you posted a Gypy, the coach Quique Flores, family of the most famous spanish gypsy Lola Flores.
    Quote me when i said he is typical Spaniard.

Lord Protector of Spain, Septimania and Galicia Raikaswinžs's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-10-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    National Escobarian Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 356

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerval View Post
    I think this thread was made by an Italian , many of them hate Spaniards and think they are whiter haha.
    bullshit, and pardon my French. most Italians (European Italians, the real Latins, our Mediterranean Cousins) love Spaniards, and it is completely reciprocal. I have lived in an Italian city where there's loads of us , and in a Spanish city filled with Italians. We are essentially the same kind of society

course in America Dagos and Guidos are a different history all together.

This thread was started by Mordid ( arguably the biggest troll in the board, whose pure aim is only to troll, so he can't be really accused of particular Anti-spanish sentiments)
    Most of the threads of this sort however, are opened by Trans-Atlantic folks. Over there they have this white or not obsession and lot's of hideous stereotypes of their European ancestors (yet many of them are obsessed with their Euro-Ancestries atst)

Don't know, this is rather complex. It all roots on the "Leyenda Negra" of course, and , like Don used tu put it "Destino de pueblo Alfa".

US citizens suffer similar stuff often. It is true that they can be obnoxious and preponderant at times, but you gotta give some credit to the worlds most technologically advanced superpower. They too have a social model that I agree is important to defend (although I refuse to import in Europe) and preserve, all empires tend to end up the same way: decadent and corrupt. US probably will not be the exception, but I rather accept an American miltary supremacy than a Chinese or Middle Easterner.

Ideally, the regional powers should be balanced...but that's an unlikely scenario in any given situation where super-powers are involved

Banned
    Last Online
    12-30-2013 @ 02:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin-American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan
    Ancestry
    Spain, Canary Islands, France, Germany, Amerindians and Chimpanzees
    Country
    Venezuela
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Science
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 112

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleemont View Post
    Couldn't be further from the truth.

It's good that you said it because it's so funny when these same people who accuse some people as insecure trolls etc.

But as soon as the shoe lands on the other foot they can't handle it.
    What I meant by that is: it's funny to watch people trying to insult others by telling them that they look similar to a non-european ethnicity. I understand why some people might get offended by that statement in here: this is a an european preservationist website after all, who would want to be told that they are an outlier group? Exactly.

Which leads me to my second point. The group under "attack" takes offence in this and then fights tooth and nail to prove to the rest of the collective that those "attacks" are bullshit, unfounded and that they are 100% european. And im not just talking about the spaniards here, I seen this happen before:

Finns/Hungarians being told that they are bunch of mongoloids that came from the nomadic tribes that invaded Europe at some time and point in history.
    or
    Greeks/Albanians/Bosnians comparisons with the Turks.
    and so on and so forth...

Both the people attacking and the people overreacting to these attacks reflect an underlying insecurity in both parties.

A simple "this is a troll thread, fuck this shit" would have sufficed. Genetic studies are pretty conclusive; history, very revealing. I cannot wrap my arms around this in-fighting. But the fact that this thread even exists, let alone being 14 pages long, speaks volumes about what is going on in this forum.

This type of threads, which have been done ad nauseam, should be switfly dealt with, and the moderator should then put forth a link redirecting people to some sort of database...which gives me an idea.

I think this is something that the forum is lacking: sticky threads made specifically to dispel this kind of confusion. To make it more authentic, each group (particularly those taking constant flak) should get together and form a pseudo think-tank where they could discuss these issues; think of it like making a thesis. After the brainstorming session is over, present your project to the forum and request a sticky. Boom, problem solved.

Yeah...I know what you are thinking: it sounds too fucking formal for a recreational forum. But I feel that as long as something of that magnitude isnt done then we are all going to keep watching this type of threads pop up every once in a while.

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    What I meant by that is: it's funny to watch people trying to insult others by telling them that they look similar to a non-european ethnicity. I understand why some people might get offended by that statement in here: this is a an european preservationist website after all, who would want to be told that they are an outlier group? Exactly.

Which leads me to my second point. The group under "attack" takes offence in this and then fights tooth and nail to prove to the rest of the collective that those "attacks" are bullshit, unfounded and that they are 100% european. And im not just talking about the spaniards here, I seen this happen before:

Finns/Hungarians being told that they are bunch of mongoloids that came from the nomadic tribes that invaded Europe at some time and point in history.
    or

Both the people attacking and the people overreacting to these attacks reflect an underlying insecurity in both parties.

A simple "this is a troll thread, fuck this shit" would have sufficed. Genetic studies are pretty conclusive; history, very revealing. I cannot wrap my arms around this in-fighting. But the fact that this thread even exists, let alone being 14 pages long, speaks volumes about what is going on in this forum.

This type of threads, which have been done ad nauseam, should be switfly dealt with, and the moderator should then put forth a link redirecting people to some sort of database...which gives me an idea.

I think this is something that the forum is lacking: sticky threads made specifically to dispel this kind of confusion. To make it more authentic, each group (particularly those taking constant flak) should get together and form a pseudo think-tank where they could discuss these issues; think of it like making a thesis. After the brainstorming session is over, present your project to the forum and request a sticky. Boom, problem solved.

Yeah...I know what you are thinking: it sounds too fucking formal for a recreational forum. But I feel that as long as something of that magnitude isnt done then we are all going to keep watching this type of threads pop up every once in a while.
    In conclusione... ”””Viva Chavez!!!

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2012 @ 09:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Westernized Celtic Male
    Ethnicity
    Bretonnic
    Ancestry
    NorthWestern France
    Country
    England
    Taxonomy
    Europoid + Atlantid
    Politics
    Unknown
    Religion
    Getting Order
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post

or

I see every of your point though.

What really gets me is all this about who's more European sometimes even is just beyond me to be honest I couldn't careless how some people on here want to try and brag about been more European than each other.

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleemont View Post
    I see every of your point though.

What really gets me is all this about who's more European sometimes even is just beyond me to be honest I couldn't careless how some people on here want to try and brag about been more European than each other.
    Try to prove that a population is less """white""" than another one is usually one of the many ((your)) colonial obsessions, not certainly an european one.

Last Online
    09-19-2015 @ 06:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Breton, Gallaecian, small amounts of Gascon and Norman plus a tiny bit of Finnish.
    Ancestry
    Brittany, Gallaecia (Galiza and N. Portugal).
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Brittany
    Y-DNA
    R1b (R-L21*)
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,614
    Given: 4,516

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr View Post
    It is such an inadequate comparison.

Culturally, I don't know, I think Spanish have their Unique culture which doesn't resemble the Moroccan culture neither the Swedish one

When we are talking about Phenotype then they are closer to Moroccans I guess.

Genetically, I don't know, maybe they are closer to the Swedes but still they are far from Swedish people and Genetically Spain should be distant from Swedes and Moroccans and cluster with Basque, South French and Portuguese.

Linguistically they should be closer to Swedes since they speak an Indo European Language but even in that case Spanish is a Latin Language whereas Swedish a Germanic language so still Spanish would be closer to other Latin Languages, obviously.

Geographically they are closer to Moroccans.

I voted Moroccan since Spain and Morocco overlap Phenotypically and also they are geographically very close.
    They don't overlap phenotypically. We also have to keep in mind that autosomal DNA plays a big factor in overall phenotype and Spanish scores are exceedingly different from Moroccans.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Ancestry
    Castilla la Vieja
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castilla
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    nationalism
    Religion
    Espańa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,976
    Given: 1,059

1 Not allowed!

Genetically Balkans are closer to Moroccans than Spaniards, because of the Southwest-Asian affinity. Here you have distances from the DodecadOracle for the K=12 v3 admixture run :

Balkans vs Moroccans : 45.75
    Spain vs Moroccans : 48.25

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread Information