Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default George Carlin on God

I wish I could speak so well!! I love this piece!! Sleep well George...

[YOUTUBE]MeSSwKffj9o[/YOUTUBE]

Life is good.
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-06-2022 @ 11:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto- Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    Ancestry
    English, Scots- Irish, Cajun French
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    I1- Z63
    mtDNA
    K2b1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn, Kelto- Nordid
    Politics
    Center
    Hero
    Martin Luther, Martin Chemnitz
    Religion
    Lutheran Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,664
    Given: 10,470

0 Not allowed!

LOL, good points, all. So, Carlin was a sun worshipper who prayed to Joe Pesci, eh? Well, we've all got our points of devotion.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

You know what I found funny about this video? George Carlin is dead and either sucking the pole of the Devil, sucking up the ass of God, or just simply doesn't exist.

Either way, the man is yet another example of someone twisting and dismantling his own misinterpretation of someone's religion.

Doesn't it make you feel proud to be human that people can come across as so angry, sanctimonious and offended by something and be just as offensive about it in turn.

Tell me, who are the "enlightened" people again?

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wat Tyler View Post
    You know what I found funny about this video? George Carlin is dead and either sucking the pole of the Devil, sucking up the ass of God, or just simply doesn't exist.
    Why is it that people who propose a Pascal's Wager type of situation only take into account the Judeo/Christo/Muslim God? Isn't it equally possible that Carlin is standing next to Tantalus in Hades, chilling with Hel, being tormented by Ahriman, or by Yama?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Why is it that people who propose a Pascal's Wager type of situation only take into account the Judeo/Christo/Muslim God? Isn't it equally possible that Carlin is standing next to Tantalus in Hades, chilling with Hel, being tormented by Ahriman, or by Yama?
    He could be, but for the sake of having to write out every single deity and religion...

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    I think a lot of people are sick of religion and the way it's been shoved into their faces for their entire lives.
    An understandable position to come from, but does that excuse being rude and offensive to people who have religion as a central aspect of their lives on this board?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    08-21-2012 @ 08:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic
    Ethnicity
    Lithuanian-Polish
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

0 Not allowed!

Here is some Carlin on Saving the Planet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw
    ROPE and CHAINS

and

AMBALAMPS

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,945
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wat Tyler View Post
    An understandable position to come from, but does that excuse being rude and offensive to people who have religion as a central aspect of their lives on this board?
    Institutions that constantly feed their members with untruths, and are responsible for the destruction of countless lives, deserve to be mocked and ridiculed and shown for what they are.

I was also a Christian for many years. I've read the Bible through literally hundreds of times. Was in church every Sunday, and more than once at that. Prayed every day. Lead others to Christ. Abstained from "sins" in order to please God. Curtailed my personal mental development in order to be "spiritual" and "deny myself to follow Christ". This is all bullshit, wasted many years of my life, and put me at a distinct disadvantage to those who did not give religion a second thought. I feel justified in ridiculing religion. In fact, I feel it is my duty to warn others of this folly.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Welsh
    Region
    Pembrokeshire
    Politics
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Institutions that constantly feed their members with untruths, and are responsible for the destruction of countless lives, deserve to be mocked and ridiculed and shown for what they are.

I was also a Christian for many years. I've read the Bible through literally hundreds of times. Was in church every Sunday, and more than once at that. Prayed every day. Lead others to Christ. Abstained from "sins" in order to please God. Curtailed my personal mental development in order to be "spiritual" and "deny myself to follow Christ". This is all bullshit, wasted many years of my life, and put me at a distinct disadvantage to those who did not give religion a second thought. I feel justified in ridiculing religion. In fact, I feel it is my duty to warn others of this folly.
    This is what annoyed me when I was involved in Christianity too. I found there to be a lack of objectivity and selected tolerance in the Evangelical and Pentecostal circles that I used to be in. In addition to this, my fellow followers never really studied Theology like I did and did not dare to question the accuracy and content of the Bible. Many respected theologians now believe that there were over 100 Gospels, but why were only 4 chosen for selection in the New Testament? My personal opinion is that the chosen works have been used for the exploitation of the masses and if the Bible is supposed to represent the truth, why is it that so many of the original gospels are missing? I'm not a fan of conspiracies, but in this case I can make an exception.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If you choose to justify your actions by the experiences you suffered by the hands of men preaching their views of religion, then go ahead! ridicule and offend your fellow man. Why should you care what others say about their oppressive and bestial religions when you know the truth, and think all man should hear your views.

Complete the cycle. Does this world actually fucking care anymore? Does this world have anymore decent and respectful characters left that can simply hold their tongues in the face of others exposed souls and beliefs?

Go ahead, be as nasty and inciteful as you can be. After all, religion did it first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information