English, Scottish, Icelandic, Scandinavian, Irish
    Taxonomy
    Hallstatt Keltic Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Post 2030: The year Britain will cease to be a Christian nation

The march of secularism means Britain may no longer be a Christian country in just 20 years, a report said yesterday.
    If trends continue, the number of non-believers is set to overtake the number of Christians by 2030.
    Christianity is losing more than half a million believers every year, while the count of atheists and agnostics is going up by almost 750,000 annually

Research by the House of Commons Library found that while Christianity has declined, other religions have seen sharp increases.

In the last six years, the number of Muslims has surged by 37 per cent to 2.6million; Hindus by 43 per cent and Buddhists by 74 per cent. But the number of Sikhs and Jewish believers fell slightly.
    The researchers said the number of Christians had only held up to the extent it has because of high levels of immigration over the last decade.
    The findings help explain the increasingly forceful warnings from people of faith about the state of religion in Britain.
    Last week a group of MPs and peers – Christians in Parliament – claimed public policy was promoting ‘unacceptable’ discrimination against Christians.

Yesterday the group’s chairman, former Tory justice minister Gary Streeter, warned that believers were having their faith ‘steamrollered’ by a ‘secular and hostile state’.
    He said many were facing restrictions on their ability to practise their religion in public.
    Cabinet minister Baroness Warsi also recently attacked ‘militant secularism’ and said the Church should continue to have influence over government policy.
    Earlier this week campaigners said Christianity was being sidelined after it emerged that a council-run crematorium in Bath was to remove a glass window engraved with a four-foot cross to make it more suitable for other religions.
    Secularists argue that Christians should no longer have privileged access in Parliament when the number who believe in God is declining so sharply.
    Researchers came to their conclusion after studying the Labour Force Survey, which is carried out every year by the Office for National Statistics.
    It is the most authoritative survey because of its regularity and its large sample size of 50,000.
    It found that in 2010 there were around 41.1million Christians in Britain – down 7.6 per cent over the past six years.
    There were around 13.4million non-believers, up 49 per cent over the same period.

The study, Religion in Great Britain, concludes: ‘Between the fourth quarter of 2004 and the fourth quarter of 2010, the Christian population fell from 78.0 per cent of the population to 69.4 per cent, while the group of people with no religion grew from 15.7 per cent to 22.4 per cent.
    ‘If these populations continue to shrink and grow by the same number of people each year, the number of people with no religion will overtake the number of Christians in Great Britain in 20 years, on this measure of religious affiliation.’

The Labour Force Survey asks people what religion they belong to, ‘even if you are not currently practising’ – a form of question which tends actually to underestimate the number who say they are non-believers.
    The survey also shows people are more likely to define themselves as Christian the older they are.
    Almost 90 per cent over 70 say they are Christian, compared with just over 50 per cent of those aged 30 to 34.
    The researchers say this could be because ‘as children grow into young adults and form a religious identity independent of their parents, an increasing proportion are coming to regard themselves as having no religion’.
    They point out that the decline of Christianity would have been far deeper had there not been such high levels of migration.
    While the number of Christians born in the UK declined by 4.1million, the number born abroad increased by around 730,000.
    The study also looked at the British Social Attitudes survey, which routinely finds greater numbers of non-believers.
    In 2011, it found that 50 per cent of respondents did not regard themselves as being of any religion, compared with just 44 per cent who said they belonged to some form of Christianity.
    However, the Library said this was a much smaller sample size, making it less reliable as a guide.
    Despite the rising numbers following Islam, there are still 16 times as many Christians as Muslims.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ecularism.html

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,940
    Given: 58,640

0 Not allowed!

you mean a white nation?
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

Last Online
    08-27-2012 @ 03:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Finnuit
    Ancestry
    Finno-Ugers and Germano-Slavics
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    (Atlanto-)Nordid with Borealised Borreby Influences (A.K.A. Masterrace)
    Politics
    Isänmaallinen kansanliike
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37

0 Not allowed!

The sad truth.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    07-13-2017 @ 06:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 509

0 Not allowed!

A lot of people all over don't take Christianity seriously anymore

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-15-2013 @ 02:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New Worlder
    Ethnicity
    American Colonial
    Ancestry
    French, Irish.
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Religion
    Myself
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siberyak View Post
    A lot of people all over don't take Christianity seriously anymore
    Very few took it seriously from the beginning. Christians were quick to follow the teaching of Man rather than the message of God. The Catholic Church helped take some of the more retarded elements out of Christianity (love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek) and turn it into a European faith. But now in an age where literacy is common and everyone has access to a Bible, we can see Christianity in its true form-- and it's not pretty.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Finnuit
    Ancestry
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Very few took it seriously from the beginning. Christians were quick to follow the teaching of Man rather than the message of God. The Catholic Church helped take some of the more retarded elements out of Christianity (love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek) and turn it into a European faith. But now in an age where literacy is common and everyone has access to a Bible, we can see Christianity in its true form-- and it's not pretty.
    What's not pretty about it? Most people who dislike Christianity know very little about it. I can tell from my religion class in highschool. They were all quick to say how stupid Christianity is, but few of them ever opened a Bible and looked inside.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-15-2013 @ 02:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New Worlder
    Ethnicity
    American Colonial
    Ancestry
    French, Irish.
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Religion
    Myself
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    What's not pretty about it? Most people who dislike Christianity know very little about it. I can tell from my religion class in highschool. They were all quick to say how stupid Christianity is, but few of them ever opened a Bible and looked inside.
    "Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand."
    -- Mark Twain, quoted from Barbara Schmidt, ed, "Mark Twain Quotations, Newspaper Collections, & Related Resources"

I was a religious Christian for a while, I understand what's in the Bible and the message it promotes. The numerous contradictions, failed prophecies, old testament absurdities, Christ's parlor tricks (which somehow means we should worship him), lack of non-scriptural evidence, and racism towards Gentiles is what disturbs me. Not only that but the impossible commandments which every Christian must obey. Such as: forgive not lest ye be forgiven, love thy neighor as thyself, and the "do not worry about tomorrow, for God will take care of you" message.

Just to think that God would reveal Himself to the Earth in such a way that if you reject His Son or messengers, then you spend literally an eternity in the Lake of Fire. And there's so many other options out there, even Christian's Abrahamic sibling Islam. What about the various Christian sects that literally believe their denomination is the only true Church of God and all others are burning in Hell? Such as the Church of Christ or the West Boro Baptist Church. Better pick the right one. It's like playing a game of fucking russian roulette.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Finnuit
    Ancestry
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Such as: forgive not lest ye be forgiven, love thy neighor as thyself, and the "do not worry about tomorrow, for God will take care of you" message.
    It's judge, not forgive. This one is supposed to keep us from judging others, because, often, we do the same things. We all have our imperfections.

What's wrong with loving other people?

And, the last one you mentioned is for those people who are worrying about every little detail in life. It's not a "every little things gonna be alright" message, but one that tells us that we shouldn't stress ourselves too much over everything. Leave it in the hands of God, and he will handle it for you. It's worked out for me so far.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    So they can read stories of genocide, rape, murder, slavery, including child-killing mandated by God in the OT? No thanks.

As for Jesus' preaching, there are parables, but they could easily be excelled ethically and morally by say, I don't know, Aesop's Fables. The rest of the NT seems to be baseless statements and arcane, irrelevant quibbling about Jewish law.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Last Online
    01-31-2013 @ 07:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finno-Ugric w/German and Russian ancestry
    Ethnicity
    Karelian from maternal side/Hämäläinen from paternal side
    Politics
    Reality & Life
    Religion
    Truth
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

It's just good news that Christianity is fading; I think that Jesus would agree. Christianity, as a religion, has almost from the beginning been in direct contradiction to what Jesus taught, which is in itself, very well thought out mystical philosophy. Catholic Christianity as a religious institution has never been little more than a tool and excuse for oppression, while Protestantism is one of the chief reasons for the rise of capitalism, and consequently, consumerism that is devouring everything that's left of human spirit and any real culture. Good riddance!

Thread Information