View Poll Results: Do You Believe in the Fey?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 35.29%
  • No

23 45.10%
  • Not Sure

8 15.69%
  • Some

2 3.92%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe in the Fey?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-05-2013 @ 10:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyramidologist View Post
    could have been an eye floater -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

^ These are actually on your eye itself, but make it look as if they are not. Most people who claim to see UFO's are actually just looking at floaters on their own eye. They affect 70% of people. I have loads of them.
    I have had eye floaters before and can definitely differentiate between an eye float and a sprite.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-15-2013 @ 02:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New Worlder
    Ethnicity
    American Colonial
    Ancestry
    French, Irish.
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Religion
    Myself
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

0 Not allowed!

could have been an eye floater -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

^ These are actually on your eye itself, but make it look as if they are not. Most people who claim to see UFO's are actually just looking at floaters on their own eye. They affect 70% of people. I have loads of them.

I do suffer from eye floaters and I have to say this was completely different. It was definitely a bright orb that shined without ceasing once. And the movement was independent from my eye, floaters move only when your eyeball moves.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-12-2012 @ 12:50 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll View Post
    You can't expect them to just come up and show them to yourselves. They just aren't like that. They show themselves to us when they want to.
    Well if they pop up for me then I will believe. Until then no.

Question Argyll do you think they are everywhere or a just a European phenomenon? Would you find them in the Americas also?

Last Online
    03-09-2013 @ 02:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    celtic
    Ethnicity
    irish
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

not sure..to be honest

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapple View Post
    Well if they pop up for me then I will believe. Until then no.

Question Argyll do you think they are everywhere or a just a European phenomenon? Would you find them in the Americas also?
    They are more primarily European, but there are related entities all over the world, but not in the sense that the European faeries are.

As for them being in America, they are. Since we came over here in mass droves, they came with us. It is not to my knowledge how the native entities and spirits got along with this, though.

Pyramidologist

0 Not allowed!

Not all Faeries are short and small in stature. You have faeries from all shapes an sizes. From the tiniest sprites, to smallish piskies, to the medium nymphs, gancanaghs, and elves, to the giant trolls and giants.
    Elves appear in folklore and myths as small. In fact if you read the Old Norse texts you will discover that the Dökkálfar ''Dark Elves'' are synonymous with dwarfs. Furthermore most giants are also small, the name is a corruption and doesn't (always) relate to stature. MacRitchie (1893) covers this in one of his works, extract below:

But to assume them to have been of gigantic stature is both totally at variance with the bulk of the evidence regarding them, and at variance with the fact that the word "giant" has very frequently been used to denote a savage, or a cave-dweller. No more appropriate illustration of this can be found than the local tradition that a certain artificially hollowed rock in the island of Hoy, Orkney, was the abode of "a giant and his wife." Now, this same "giant" is also remembered as a "dwarf," and the largest cell in his dwelling is only 5 feet 8 inches long. Similarly, there is in Iceland a certain Tröllakyrkia (literally "the dwarfs' church") which is translated "the giants' church."
    Note how in most myths, giants are called dwarfs. Its because the word giant has a dual meaning, especially in early usage. It also means savage or a cave-dweller (nothing to do with huge size).

This whole "Picts were pygmies" is ridiculoius. Sorry.
    It has academic support, and has a lot of evidence. Furthermore its rational, instead you are proposing that fairies are spiritual or otherworldly entities which you claim you can see.

If you are really claiming to see fairies as balls of energy, light (ior whatever you propose) then you need to be put in a mental asylum. You are clearly ignorant of the origins of folklore and myth.

Pyramidologist

0 Not allowed!

As for them being in America, they are. Since we came over here in mass droves, they came with us. It is not to my knowledge how the native entities and spirits got along with this, though.
    lol.

Have you taken your:

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Elves appear in folklore and myths as small. In fact if you read the Old Norse texts you will discover that the Dökkálfar ''Dark Elves'' are synonymous with dwarfs. Furthermore most giants are also small, the name is a corruption and doesn't (always) relate to stature. MacRitchie (1893) covers this in one of his works, extract below:
    No, they weren't Dwarves were a whole different entity. But I'll let a person who's more well versed on Norse folklore explain that.

Note how in most myths, giants are called dwarfs. Its because the word giant has a dual meaning, especially in early usage. It also means savage or a cave-dweller (nothing to do with huge size).
    I don't know what legends you've been reading, but in Celtic folklore, giants were just that- giant.

It has academic support, and has a lot of evidence. Furthermore its rational, instead you are proposing that fairies are spiritual or otherworldly entities which you claim you can see.

If you are really claiming to see fairies as balls of energy, light (ior whatever you propose) then you need to be put in a mental asylum. You are clearly ignorant of the origins of folklore and myth.
    It's funny that you actually believe that. Since your ethnicity says Pictish, I'm assuming you're a swarthy pygmy

Oh, so now you want to start flinging insults at people who believe in the otherworldly creatures when you have no proof that they don't exist? This shows that you have nothing to refute it with and are lowering yourself to insults to try and tear down someone else's argument.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-15-2013 @ 02:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New Worlder
    Ethnicity
    American Colonial
    Ancestry
    French, Irish.
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Monarchist
    Religion
    Myself
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

0 Not allowed!

Default Encounter with the Hidden People of Iceland

[YOUTUBE]bodVJE4qVk4[/YOUTUBE]

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    [YOUTUBE]bodVJE4qVk4[/YOUTUBE]
    There was a Destination Truth episode where they went to investigate the Elves there. Needless to say, they got results...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information