Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    That is what I'm saying. If you have non-white admixture above the 1/8th range then it tends to be readily apparent.

IMO though this whole debate gets very tiring because it all boils down to blood purity. I don't think a blood purist type of mentality is going to be very helpful going forward with race mixing becoming increasingly common.

We are fighting a war of perception.

Its always a war of perception that we are fighting about regarding empirical content, and this has to do with how it correlates to scientific fact in society.

I personally advocate for a re-institution of the Jim Crow laws, and for a blood purist mentality, but this is the equivalent of supporting Hitler and the Nazis in people's eyes today.

Race-Mixing is becoming definitely more common, and I have seen it for myself, but I think in order to reverse the tide we need to settle for less in order to settle for more.

Last Online
    12-22-2013 @ 04:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slavo-Illyrian Serb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 390
    Given: 272

0 Not allowed!

To me this child is mixed race: Famous Actor with his wife:

his two kids:

Last Online
    12-06-2013 @ 11:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pale Face
    Ethnicity
    Pale Ass
    Ancestry
    The southern united states.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    White Booty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rashka View Post
    To me this child is mixed race: Famous Actor with his wife:

his two kids:
    Yeah but what if those two kids have blonde haired blue eyed children?

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,942
    Given: 58,640

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
    Gyspy have Indian blood
    I did research and found out
    Gypsies in the West are mixed, Gypsies in the East tend to be pure. It also goes along well with their phenotypes being indian in the east and more european in the west.

Single locus comparisons have resulted in controversy, with some pointing to close genetic affinity between Roma and Indians, and others indicating that the Roma are indistinguishable from Europeans. Heterogeneity between countries has become apparent and has led to the conclusion that the European Roma are composed of two different populations, characterised respectively by a high and a low frequency of blood group B [23], or defined as East and West European Roma, with the former closely related to Indian populations [16].
    Figure 2. Multilocus comparison between Romani populations from different European countries, autochthonous European populations and populations from north India The polymorphic systems included in the analysis comprised A1A2BO, MN, haptoglobin and Rh (CDE), with a total of 11 independent alleles. Information on these markers was available for the Roma in Slovakia (n = 350) [26], Hungary (n = 507) [11], England (n = 109) [23], Slovenia (n = 350) [27], Sweden (n = 115) [24] and Wales (n = 84) [22], for non-Roma Europeans (n = 5169) and for two north Indian populations, Rajput (n = 175) [34,35] and Punjabi (n = 140) [35,36]. Genetic distances between pairs of populations were computed by means of Reynold's coancenstry coefficient [84] and displayed as a neighbour-joining tree [85]. The robustness of the branches in the tree was assessed with a bootstrap approach [86]. The analysis was conducted using the PHYLIP 3.57c package [87].

I dont know how to read the graph but i think Hungarian Roma seem to be the closest to the Indian Populations on the Graph. Can someone help reading the graph?
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

Valkyrie Queen of Apricity CelticViking's Avatar
    Last Online
    01-20-2013 @ 09:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Blood Elf
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish, Icelandic, Scandinavian, Irish
    Taxonomy
    Hallstatt Keltic Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Inquiring Mind View Post
    I did research and found out
    Gypsies in the West are mixed, Gypsies in the East tend to be pure. It also goes along well with their phenotypes being indian in the east and more european in the west.

Figure 2. Multilocus comparison between Romani populations from different European countries, autochthonous European populations and populations from north India The polymorphic systems included in the analysis comprised A1A2BO, MN, haptoglobin and Rh (CDE), with a total of 11 independent alleles. Information on these markers was available for the Roma in Slovakia (n = 350) [26], Hungary (n = 507) [11], England (n = 109) [23], Slovenia (n = 350) [27], Sweden (n = 115) [24] and Wales (n = 84) [22], for non-Roma Europeans (n = 5169) and for two north Indian populations, Rajput (n = 175) [34,35] and Punjabi (n = 140) [35,36]. Genetic distances between pairs of populations were computed by means of Reynold's coancenstry coefficient [84] and displayed as a neighbour-joining tree [85]. The robustness of the branches in the tree was assessed with a bootstrap approach [86]. The analysis was conducted using the PHYLIP 3.57c package [87].

I dont know how to read the graph but i think Hungarian Roma seem to be the closest to the Indian Populations on the Graph. Can someone help reading the graph?
    They could be from Egypt.

The English term Gypsy (or Gipsy) originates from the Greek word for "Egyptian", Αιγύπτιοι (Aigyptioi, whence modern Greek γύφτοι gifti), in the belief that the Romanies, or some other Gypsy groups (such as the Balkan Egyptians), originated in Egypt, and in one narrative were exiled as punishment for allegedly harbouring the infant Jesus.[29] This exonym is sometimes written with capital letter, to show that it designates an ethnic group.[30] The term 'gypsy' appears when international research programmes, documents and policies on the community are referred to. However, as a term 'gypsy' is considered derogatory by many members of the Roma community because of negative and stereotypical associations with the term.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A mixed race person in my moderate way of defining one would be someone with 1/8th of a certain bloodline.

I would say 3% if I were to get extreme, but then this would become quite silly if you applied it to certain individuals.

I am a believer that 1/8th is an acceptable cut off point, because at this point the racial mixing most probably manifests itself.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-23-2016 @ 05:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GeistFaust View Post
    A mixed race person in my moderate way of defining one would be someone with 1/8th of a certain bloodline.

I would say 3% if I were to get extreme, but then this would become quite silly if you applied it to certain individuals.

I am a believer that 1/8th is an acceptable cut off point, because at this point the racial mixing most probably manifests itself.
    Generally a good concept imo.
    Would you apply this rule to every 'race'? What I mean is, is someone who is 1/8 black and 7/8's european just as 'mixed' (or identifiably mixed) as someone who is, lets say 1/8' lebanese christian and 7/8's european? Given the latter may more likely appear 'unmixed' then the previous mixed person.

Or do you means in terms of the 'three races' (ie caucasoid, mongoloid, and negroid)?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by exceeder View Post
    Generally a good concept imo.
    Would you apply this rule to every 'race'? What I mean is, is someone who is 1/8 black and 7/8's european just as 'mixed' (or identifiably mixed) as someone who is, lets say 1/8' lebanese christian and 7/8's european? Given the latter may more likely appear 'unmixed' then the previous mixed person.

Or do you means in terms of the 'three races' (ie caucasoid, mongoloid, and negroid)?

Yes I would apply this as a uniform rule to all different races. If a person was 1/8th Lebanese I would consider them race-mixed. It does not appear whether they look black or Lebanese, because all that matters is that the probability for it manifesting at that point is relatively high.

I think whites should enforce strict racial policies if they want to preserve themselves. If they give too much room then they might allow for things to slip in terms of racial identity, and this is when massive problems will be created.

Last Online
    03-21-2012 @ 07:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Quebecois/French Canadien/Med.
    Ancestry
    Marseille/Pau.
    Country
    Quebec
    Region
    Quebec
    Taxonomy
    Med.
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

Genetically, a person who is made up of two distinct racial stocks.

Socially, once apperance gets into play, it becomes a little murky. That is why you have Spaniards of near-100% Euro stock going around Mexico saying "We are all mixed", and Afro-Americans being considered "Black" alone when many of them have Euro admixture.

So for me, genetic mxed race is not the same as social mixed race. The latter usually depends on what a person looks like.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-15-2015 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Neo-European
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

0 Not allowed!

A "mixed-race" person is someone who visibly exhibits traits of more than one race as a result of his ancestry, or (more technically) who is otherwise known to possess a meaningful degree of recent different racial ancestry, equal to or greater than 1/64th-1/16th - or about 2-6% - depending on the specific individual circumstances. :

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information