Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,179
    Given: 12,243

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Josip Broz Tito View Post
    Greece's population in the 1800s was around 4-5 million in Balkan Greece. The total of deported Anatolian Greeks/Christians was around 1.3 million and official estimates put Greeks of Balkans and Anatolia around 6 million by 1800. So, it's quite reasonable those Anatolians make up a significant part of the Greek genepool today.

I don't really believe Anatolian Greeks who were only Greek by virtue of Church, not by their tongue or blood were the same as Balkan Greeks who are similar to us genetically (even Greece got its infusion of Slavs but were quickly Hellenized by Byzantines). Anatolian Greeks were really just Hellenized (by way of religion) Anatolians similar to Cypriot Greeks.

The irony in all this is Greece exchanged their Dehellenized Greeks for Hellenized non-Greeks.

I agree with you about the recent posts made against Greek women. They were quite disgusting and untrue. No one should stereotype a people, we've got all our bad seeds, the Bulgarians are not without theirs and neither are the Greeks nor any other people.
    Most Greeks have fled to Greece, in 1922 (Smyrne Catastrophe) and earlier (some Pontic Greeks) , and the Greek speaking (and some Turkish) speaking Orthodox , mostly from anatolia and Pontus only fled after the Treaty of Lausanne and population exchange.

So the population exchange of ''Orthodox and Muslims'' only involved around 190.000 Greeks or ''Orthodox''

Also, from the remaining ''orthodox'' let's say that they were ''Hellinized'' of unknown origin or just Orthodox.Okay?

Those who returned to Greek, were those who followed the Greek Orthodox church. But there were still Christians Orthodoxes that followed the Bulgarian Church, the Serbian and the Armenian.

Although of course not all of them were Greeks or even fully Greeks, I wonder why a Greek would follow Armenian or Bulgarian Church and a Armenian or Bulgarian would follow the Greek, etc?

So, the 1,3 million of ''Anatolians'' does't mean that this 1,3 million was of non-Greeks. Of course it included non-Greeks, but not as alien as some people want to say....

Quote Originally Posted by feuerfrei View Post
    Because of some slight arguments about who are more beautiful between two ethnicites, this is my opinion about the problem:

About men: Greek men are trying to resemble the Italian men from what I've seen: hair waxed with olive oil, thick beard, "fancier" behaviour. I don't know how successful are they, I have heard only Italian men to have a good reputation among the Western women. Good luck for Greeks.
    On the other hand, Bulgarian men have been known as the machos of the Eastern (now ex) bloc. Adventures with Russian, Czech, Polish, Swedish women under the hot sun on the Wog sea coast...
    I can't say who are more handsome because I'm straight, lol.

I guess you haven't see the hordes of the tourists who are doing everything to sleep with a Greek male.
    They defenately have a reputation

Noone tries to ''resemble'' someone.

Greeks don't use olive oil to their hair, thats sure, and Greeks are more gentle and less ''I fuck everything that moves'' than Italian. They are more polite as well. And classy.

About women: I don't think there is a comparison, though Greek women are hawt too. Bulgarian women have been considered as the hottest for hundreds of years by different peoples They have mostly dark hair (though one can find enough light haired girls as well), Slavic influenced faces but more gracile bodies and features than other Slavic women. In a nutshell, our women combine the best features of the two kinds of most beautiful women in the world - Slavic and Mediterranean women.
    Personal opinion.
    Of course respected, but always disagree

Banned
    Last Online
    03-29-2012 @ 11:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    Eastern Serbia
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    fairy...
    Politics
    Anyone for cake?
    Religion
    LOVE...
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
    I guess you haven't see the hordes of the tourists who are doing everything to sleep with a Greek male.

Haha, well, Greece is favorite summer destination for Serbs, and i personally know girls who were proud to say they had summer adventure with Greek male. So yes Dandelion, you are right, they do have reputation. It is kind of fascination what Czech girls feel about Croats. I guess all men from sea area have this kind of reputation?
    I know lot of females I know few girls who are married to Greeks, and some of them live in Serbia, but i don't think it is some trend, i knows girls married to other foreigners too.

Speaking about Greeks and Balkan... I've been to Greece and yes, their mentality is in many things similar to ours, but there are differences too. Weird enough, even Italian mentality is till some point similar to ours. But, even we have some things in common, there are differences of course. Balkan Slav mentality is also Slavic influenced. We can relate to other Slavs, but also to non-Slavic Balkan people, and even some Mediterranean people. In Serbia, regional differences play big role too. And there are even big differences between Serbian and Montenergin mentalities.

Last Online
    01-28-2015 @ 05:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    dardanian
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Ancestry
    trolls who mixed with illyrian gods and and then came to mix with bardhyll an illyrian king and so o
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Taxonomy
    pred atlantoid with borreby and dinarid influences
    Politics
    no more pussies
    Religion
    chickz want me
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,388
    Given: 2,630

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mymy View Post
    Haha, well, Greece is favorite summer destination for Serbs, and i personally know girls who were proud to say they had summer adventure with Greek male. So yes Dandelion, you are right, they do have reputation. It is kind of fascination what Czech girls feel about Croats. I guess all men from sea area have this kind of reputation?
    I know lot of females I know few girls who are married to Greeks, and some of them live in Serbia, but i don't think it is some trend, i knows girls married to other foreigners too.

Speaking about Greeks and Balkan... I've been to Greece and yes, their mentality is in many things similar to ours, but there are differences too. Weird enough, even Italian mentality is till some point similar to ours. But, even we have some things in common, there are differences of course. Balkan Slav mentality is also Slavic influenced. We can relate to other Slavs, but also to non-Slavic Balkan people, and even some Mediterranean people. In Serbia, regional differences play big role too. And there are even big differences between Serbian and Montenergin mentalities.
    the latter has albanian mentality

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mymy View Post
    To my hometown, only the last 2 years the Serbians are coming .
    But the rest of the tourists, including:
    British, Swedish, Icelandic, Austrian, Norwegian, Danish, Checz, Sloneves, Slovaks, Russians, are very fond of Greek men.

My ex boyfriend, with whom I have very friendly relations now, works 18 years ( he is 36 now) in a central bar in Laganas. You can't imagine how many girls are around him, even though he isn't considered the ''hot'' or ''best good looking one''

Oh, I also know a Serbian (very very good girl), that lives now in Zakynthos, the last 2 years, dating a Greek guy.

True.

Greek mentanility is very affected by the medditeranean mentality. Something with the sun

Banned
    Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 07:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,099
    Given: 5,253

0 Not allowed!

Just not here. Somewhere else, I don't know.
    But who the fuck care about it

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 07:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Just not here. Somewhere else, I don't know.
    But who the fuck care about it
    The tourists that come to find what their were missing in their lives

Ascended into a higher realm
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,199
    Given: 58,972

0 Not allowed!

Greece,Albania,Bulgaria,Romania,Serbia,Bosnia, (Croatia is partially Balkans and Slovenia is not)
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]

Hm he has mastered chakra...can he do romjutsu... - Balkanforum user Floki
    then you must be some kind of wizzard who has lightning in his eyes - Balkanforum user Cobra about Mortimer
    Only a Sinti and Roma who has gained the power of the wheel can do it. - In conversation with the Balkanforum user Axer

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    dardanian
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Ancestry
    trolls who mixed with illyrian gods and and then came to mix with bardhyll an illyrian king and so o
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    no more pussies
    Religion
    chickz want me
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

you greeks always so beautiful
    i'm jelly

Banned
    Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 07:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,099
    Given: 5,253

0 Not allowed!

There are not many Bulgarians visiting Greece for tourism (we have our own Wog sea, though the resorts are fucked with all the ugly big hotels and rubbish, plus a week on the Aegean sea is fucking expensive for us, the poor ex-commies). So maybe this is the reason why Bulgarian girls are not keen on Greek men, and they don't need to, since Greek men can't offer them anything more, maybe except more money. But our girls aren't the cheap whores as they are portrayed in the mass foreign media.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    dardanian
    Ethnicity
    albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    no more pussies
    Religion
    chickz want me
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There are not many Bulgarians visiting Greece for tourism (we have our own Wog sea, though the resort are fucked with all the resorts and rubbish, plus a week on the Aegean sea is fucking expensive for us, the poor ex-commies). So maybe this is the reason why Bulgarian girls are not keen on Greek men, and they don't need to, since Greek men can't offer them anything more, maybe except more money. But our girls aren't the cheap whores as they are portrayed in the mass foreign media.
    feurfei,bulgarian girls like niggaz,i knew one and and oh boy

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread Information