Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    I think we all know the squabbling that goes on about the English being European, both now from Englishmen themselves and non-English, and particularly in the past. The ones nowadays who unequivocally say they're Europeans are usually those who are trying to distance themselves from the Anglosphere, their more natural affinity, particularly the US.

I agree Jews are not Europeans. The Ashkenazim though are close enough to be easily assimilated though intermarriage, in which case they'll become Europeans over time and cease to be Jews. This is how Nietzsche recommended the Jewish Question be solved. Unfortunately, Germany ultimately opted for another 'solution', which has proven catastrophic to our civilization.
    catastrophic yes and it is the source of todays immigration to western European countries and the US because when the racist ww2 was over westerners could not refuse immigrants solely because of ww2. After ww2 massive immigration begins and people could not use nationalist card as a way of turning down the immiigrants. It is either this or Jewish agenda according to some

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,269
    Given: 13,631

0 Not allowed!

I think we all know the squabbling that goes on about the English being European, both now from Englishmen themselves and non-English, and particularly in the past. The ones nowadays who unequivocally say they're Europeans are usually those who are trying to distance themselves from the Anglosphere, their more natural affinity, particularly the US.

I agree Jews are not Europeans. The Ashkenazim though are close enough to be easily assimilated though intermarriage, in which case they'll become Europeans over time and cease to be Jews. This is how Nietzsche recommended the Jewish Question be solved. Unfortunately, Germany ultimately opted for another 'solution', which has proven catastrophic to our civilization.
    This is not forum for the following topic but I simply could not help my self not to since you mention it
    Why Brits always think about themselves as outsiders? I have noticed that English people if not all Brits are more Nordic centered when compared even to Nazis. Is this because of mock towards other non-germanic nations. I am talking rubbish to some but I still want to know is the reason this or is it cultural ( isolated ) thing
    Have in mind that I do not judge you everyone would think the way you do if someone is in your place

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

No one disputes the English are European apart from the English themselves.

Today most English people see themselves as English, British and European, but identifying as an ethnicity of Europe doesn't give us any will to be integrated into it.
    On the contrary, the English travel much more often to Europe because it is more convenient, but culturally our nearest kin is the Anglosphere and most here recognise that. America is seen as the black sheep of the Anglosphere, but that's because its more distinctive than the others having developed earlier.

The English europhiles are a minority (I use the term "europhile" to refer to the EU and European federalism, not Europe the continent). They tend to be the worst sorts of people, not a patriotic bone in their body and usually quite traitorous.
    They're a pessimistic bunch and all their arguments are based around the apparent strength European unity would create. However, most English people are centre right and against further EU integration and many are for leaving the EU and repairing ties to the Anglosphere.

The American media might report us to be a load of Europhiles, but it is hardly the case.

An interesting idea, but I doubt Jews would just forget their religion. They'd hide it as they did in Spain.

Why Brits always think about themselves as outsiders?
    Because islands breed insularity. This is often brushed off as just some slur, but it is true to an extent.
    The British peoples have less contact with other European countries than they do with each other. The approach to Europe and North America is that they contain allies, friends and trade opportunities together with ethnic links and a few arse hole politicians.

I have noticed that English people if not all Brits are more Nordic centered when compared even to Nazis. Is this because of mock towards other non-germanic nations. I am talking rubbish to some but I still want to know is the reason this or is it cultural ( isolated ) thing
    Have in mind that I do not judge you everyone would think the way you do if someone is in your place
    What do you mean, distrust of foreigners? That is seen here but it can be expected, for so long the British went to other British colonies and ruled over lesser peoples in the third world instead of going to Europe.
    Today they go to Europe frequently (most at least), but English culture is essentially self-confident and the English basically believe they have a good system and resent any outside influences that would argue otherwise. This self-confidence is also part of the reason for the lack of bold, open patriotism in England, the English don't feel any need to go around flag waving or boasting about their identity such as the Scots do.

The Scots can be seen as the exact opposite, they are very openly patriotic because they want to be seen as distinct from the English who are the dominant force of the Isles.

It might sound somewhat arrogant, but England is a very old nation which has never really been occupied or invaded by a more powerful state as most countries in Europe have.
    The Normans can be seen as the political foundation of England, it is with them that the militaristic, highly-centralised and over-governed modern English state formed. Before them the Germanics left the basis of the government and organisation, but the Normans really developed it to the full potential.
    Last edited by Albion; 02-25-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-23-2012 @ 02:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Politically and culturally, yes, but with the exception of a few fringe fruit bats, the English wouldn't argue themselves not being European in a 'racial sense'.
    I agree with that. By the same token neither would an American.

Last Online
    08-09-2012 @ 03:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

It's not surprising that 35% - 55% of all Ashkenazi Jews are of European genes. They've lived for a very long time in Europe, and obviously picked up genes from there.

Racially speaking, most Jews look like vaguely exotic Caucasoids who stick out in a North European country. Someone else brought up Robert Oppenheimer as an example. I guess most people think of Ashkenazi Jews as "white ethnics" nowadays.

Out of all Jews, it's just the Ashkenazim who can qualify as "racially European". So I guess they could become actual Europeans if they assimilated culturally as well. So that's my opinion on this: some Jews are European, others are not.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post
    I heard the Sefardim are doing well in Israel itself however, on the eve of shunting the Ashkenazim aside as the dominant force there. Is my info outdated?
    Not at all the Sephardim have been slowly replacig the Ashkenazim as the dominant force in Israel. This has led to a greater Sephardic influence which has brought Israel into being more Middle Eastern than European. So no your info is actually currently dated. Sephardic Jews in recent times have assimilated the more Semitic and darker skinned Mizharim and Temanim Jews who are all called Sephardic due to this and the rite they follow. However true Sephardics although more Semitic than Ashkenazim, they have also a good amount of European genetics, but now days they have become more Middle Eastern and Semitic than the Ashkenazim. The Israelite ancestry is best preserved among the Mizharim, and the Temanim are just Arabian converts, but nowdays they all became Sephardics.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Anglicised Continental Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 07:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    France, Romania, Austria, Poland.
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    Sub-Nordid + Pontid
    Politics
    Conservative-leaning moderate.
    Religion
    Earth-based spiritualist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Do Jews in Singapore worship a different God to the Jews living in West Philadelphia?
    Do Catholics in Singapore worship a different God to the Catholics living in West Philadelphia?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteParisienne View Post
    Do Catholics in Singapore worship a different God to the Catholics living in West Philadelphia?
    You tell me. It seems religious culture is up for questioning by your very self.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257

0 Not allowed!

Jews are not European even if they have ethnic and cultural ties to Europe over a while. They still are Jews in retrospect, although they are Jews of partial European identity, but I still refer to them first as Jews before I identify them as European. Jewish is their primary identity, and being European is a secondary one, and this applies to any race-mixed individual.

Actually with most of other race-mixes I would not even consider them to be part European even if they had cultural and ethnic European heritage. It does not matter whether or not Jews or other Non-Europeans lived in Europe for some time. They are still going to be considered Non-Europeans regardless, just like any European should be considered European if they settled in a Non-European country for a while.

That said a lot of Jews did like to see themselves as German, Polish, or Lithuanian once they started to integrate more into these cultures or absorbed some of these ethnicties in their bloodlines. Even then we still refer to these Jews as German Jews or Polish Jews, so it would be quite fallacious to say Jews are Europeans, because this would negate what they really are.

Anglicised Continental Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 07:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    France, Romania, Austria, Poland.
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    Sub-Nordid + Pontid
    Politics
    Conservative-leaning moderate.
    Religion
    Earth-based spiritualist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post
    Catholic Brits and Catholic Mexicans share common ancestors from when? Several centuries to a couple of millennia for the Iberian side, and several TENS of millennia for the Indio side. :yawn:

Some US WASP idiot who goes to Israel on holiday and 'converts' after some 'spiritual experience' is not a Jew. They're just an idiot.

Jews in England are foreign to the English. Jews in Kaifeng are foreign to the Chinks. End of story. There are many Jewish cultures, but they all go back to the same root. That diaspora peoples diverge with time and geography is no big news. Still foreigners, though. Try again, kiddo.
    Anyone who still considers people of Ashkenazi descent to be 'foreigners' is living in the Dark Ages. Assimilation is assimilation.

Anyone who converts to Judaism is very much considered to be a Jew. Jews do not proselytise, so converts to Judaism are considered quite precious in Israel and the Diaspora.

Your condescension is really unbecoming.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information