ask
    Country
    Chile
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteParisienne View Post
    Sephardic Jews are not considered white, especially those from North African countries. Their religious and ethnic practices are very different from those of Ashkenazi Jews, as well.
    If South Italians are considered as white , then so are Sephardi Jews (including those from North Africa who are usually very Frenchized).

Secondly ,there's usually a minsundertood. Many Sephardic Jews were culturally much more West European than Ashkenazim. But since Ashkenazi Jews have a more Germanic culture and are blonder hair , they're usually seen as more "European" but that doesn't mean Sephardi Jews from Netherlands Italy or the upper class of Morocco are less "European" in their way of life. It's just a question of standard for people. A French journalist said that the Sephardi Jewish quarter of Paris in the 70's was much more European-French in flavor than the Ashkenazi one of the 40's , as the latter imposed their Eastern European culture outside their houses , while the former assimilated completely.
    Last edited by Portukalos; 02-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebastard View Post
    But that is the whole point.
    As I said for me the most important thing is intelligence and it seems that they pass it through genes. So who cares if they have some middle eastern genes.
    Arent Europeans superior because of their creativity and inventivness rather then being simply European
    It makes no sense, other races have creative and inventive minorities but that doesn't make them European.
    Being European involves a whole lot more and is very complex like any other race, it involves not only genes but also culture, mentality, physical traits, origins, religion and many other things.

Lord Protector of Spain, Septimania and Galicia Raikaswinžs's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-10-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    National Escobarian Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 356

0 Not allowed!

Because they are descended from North Africans and Middle Eastern people. The Sephardim from Spain and Portugal can be up for debate, but it's a stretch. Here's a good resource on the differences between Ashkenazim and Sephardim:

http://www.jewfaq.org/ashkseph.htm
    It is a common mistake to chunk the mizrahi jews into the sephardite sack. Bt technically speaking, Sephardi jews refers exclusively to Iberian jews and their descents. Which, for the most part where Caucasoid-looking in the Mediterranean sense and not extremely different from other European meds.

Saying then that "The Sephardim from Spain and Portugal can be up for debate" is laughable in many sense since the Sephardim refers exclusively to those jews that root from Spain and Portugal.

Again, the ones that left for the middle east, would gradually mix with middle easterners and become middle eastern looking (like that gorgeous girl I was lucky enough to date a few times in the mid-late 2000's) . The ones that stayed in Europe would retain their Euro-Mediterranean appearance.

here what sephardic (iberian) jews looked (and look like)

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,262
    Given: 13,618

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post
    Brat, forget about 'superiority'. Our race is so 'superior', that many of its members are happy to become minorities in their own lands. Superiority is relative. We've been good at science in recent centuries, but we are shit at self preservation at the present time.

If you worship at the altar of superiority, should you sacrifice your SELF when you find somebody better?

Fuck that. I never invented anything, nor did my family, but I'll support them over ANYBODY else. Wipe the word 'superior' from your vocabulary. It is NOT helpful in our present situation.
    You are absolutely right but the difference between me and you is that I am for preservation and for superiority. But not for Hitler like superiority Why? Because in the next 50 or 100 years your grandchildren will not learn german as a foreign language but ching chong chang and indian and we need all intelligence there is to stop this.
    You said your family did not invent anything. You are English for crying out loud. As all people of English descent you have big potential. The problem is that you are not exploiting it. That is the reason why China and India are rising.
    I want to stop that and I am for preservation of every ethnicity in Europe. I hate word European and I am not European but Croat.
    So you see we think alike but I am worried about other things among preservation of ethnicities...

Last Online
    08-21-2015 @ 06:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    ask
    Country
    Chile
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm not going to say it's impossible, though I know a lot of Sephardic Jews, and I think most would probably be offended if they were referred to as white.
    I think you are not really what you claim. In France , Sephardic Jews are seen as white of the mediterranean kind (like italians) . Patrick Bruel , Yvan Attal , Valérie Benguigui , Amélie Bitoun , Ruth Elkrief , Valérie Benhaim , Phillipe Lelouche , Alain Aflelou etc....many other French personallities.
    Last edited by Portukalos; 02-25-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Lord Protector of Spain, Septimania and Galicia Raikaswinžs's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-10-2017 @ 03:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Escobarian
    Ancestry
    Spain, Poland, Americas
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Taxonomy
    Criollo
    Politics
    San Escobarian Patriot
    Religion
    National Escobarian Church
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 356

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebastard View Post
    You are absolutely right but the difference between me and you is that I am for preservation and for superiority. But not for Hitler like superiority Why? Because in the next 50 or 100 years your grandchildren will not learn german as a foreign language but ching chong chang and indian and we need all intelligence there is to stop this.
    You said your family did not invent anything. You are English for crying out loud. As all people of English descent you have big potential. The problem is that you are not exploiting it. That is the reason why China and India are rising.
    I want to stop that and I am for preservation of every ethnicity in Europe. I hate word European and I am not European but Croat.
    So you see we think alike but I am worried about other things among preservation of ethnicities...

I'm all for learning ching chong chang and indian. where are those languages spoken, if I may ask?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    ask
    Country
    Chile
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El Comunero Errante View Post
    It is a common mistake to chunk the mizrahi jews into the sephardite sack. Bt technically speaking, Sephardi jews refers exclusively to Iberian jews and their descents. Which, for the most part where Caucasoid-looking in the Mediterranean sense and not extremely different from other European meds.

One of the most famous French singer is a Sephardi Jew from North Africa Patrick Bruel and he is always seen as "white" :

Here are some Sephardi Jewish Pied Noirs :
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...3&postcount=52

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    ask
    Country
    Chile
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Capelli View Post
    Genetic differences between Sephardim and Ashkenazic Jews are minimal. They usually form a cluster on genetic maps.
    She claims to be from Paris. But in Paris , Jews are seen as white but not European. The term European is already very ambiguous (the average Parisian don't feel connected to a Lithuanian) and Jews have a different religion , carry different lastnames , so they are seen as their own group, their own case apart
    Last edited by Portukalos; 02-25-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Anglicised Continental Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 07:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    France, Romania, Austria, Poland.
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    Sub-Nordid + Pontid
    Politics
    Conservative-leaning moderate.
    Religion
    Earth-based spiritualist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El Comunero Errante View Post

Saying then that "The Sephardim from Spain and Portugal can be up for debate" is laughable in many sense since the Sephardim refers exclusively to those jews that root from Spain and Portugal.

Again, the ones that left for the middle east, would gradually mix with middle easterners and become middle eastern looking (like that gorgeous girl I was lucky enough to date a few times in the mid-late 2000's) . The ones that stayed in Europe would retain their Euro-Mediterranean appearance.

Indeed. In Israel though, the Sephardi and Misrachi are classified as 'twin' cultures.

Anglicised Continental Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 07:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    France, Romania, Austria, Poland.
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    Sub-Nordid + Pontid
    Politics
    Conservative-leaning moderate.
    Religion
    Earth-based spiritualist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 383
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Portukalos View Post
    She claims to be from Paris. But in Paris , Jews are seen as white but not European. The term European is already very ambiguous (the average Parisian don't feel connected to a Lithuanian) but Jews have a different religion , carry different lastnames , so they are seen as their own group, their own case apart
    I'm from the UK, but my father is from paris, and his side of the family is French and Austrian.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information