9 33.33%
  • No

14 51.85%
  • Yes and no

3 11.11%
  • Undecided

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Hungary's nationalist Jobbik party a threat to Europe?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-23-2012 @ 02:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

As for whether Jobbik is a neo-fascist party, I'll let you be the judge:

http://www.thejc.com/news/world-news...t-welcome-here

The foreign affairs spokesman of Jobbik, the ultra-nationalist party poised to play a leading role in Hungarian politics, has openly questioned the Holocaust and claimed that Jews are colonising the country.

In a shocking interview with the JC, Marton Gyongyosi also said that Israel's treatment of the Palestinians amounted to a "Nazi system".

Based on this assessment, he questioned whether Jews "have the right to talk about what happened during the Second World War".

Terrifyingly for Hungary's 150,000-strong Jewish community, Jobbik, which currently holds 47 parliamentary seats, is set to capitalise on the country's current economic and political woes. Hungary is facing economic meltdown, with unemployment at 10.6 per cent and an IMF bailout increasingly likely.

A senior civil servant in the Hungarian Foreign Ministry warned about the party, also notorious for its homophobia and anti-gypsy stance: "We are very, very worried. The prime minister could easily fail in the coming months, taking the ruling party down with him, and Jobbik is well-placed to become the largest party in Parliament in an election."

In 2007, Jobbik's president, Gabor Vona, founded the Magyar Garda, a now-banned civil defence force which uses the same insignia as the Arrow Cross, the Hungarian fascist movement that helped the Nazis murder many of the country's Jews.

Far from seeking to whitewash his party's reputation ahead of a possible role in government, Mr Gyongyosi, a fluent English speaker, questioned whether 400,000 Jews really were killed or deported from Hungary during the Second World War. "It has become a fantastic business to jiggle around with the numbers," he said.

Despite Hungary's economic problems, Jobbik is against foreign investment and sees Israeli business as a threatening force inside the country.

Referring to a speech made by Shimon Peres in 2007 in which the Israeli President celebrated the success of Israeli businessmen around the world, including Hungary, Mr Gyongyosi said: "Jews are looking to build outside of Israel. There is a kind of expansionism in their behaviour. If Peres is supporting colonisation, it is a natural reaction for people to feel that Jews are not welcome here."

In a court case filed last year in Chicago, a group of Holocaust survivors and descendants of victims are suing the Hungarian state railway company for its role in transporting Jews to Auschwitz. The subject provoked fury in Mr Gyongyosi, who said: "This money-searching is playing with fire in Hungary."

When it was suggested that Hungary should face up to and apologise for its role in the Holocaust, Mr Gyongyosi said: "Me, should I say sorry for this when 70 years later, I am still reminded on the hour, every hour about it? Let's get over it, for Christ's sake. I find this question outrageous."

Meanwhile, Jobbik is actively developing a relationship with Iran. In January last year, Mr Vona took the Iranian ambassador to the Hungarian town of Tiszavasvari, which Mr Vona called "the capital of our movement". And in October, Jobbik hosted a large Iranian delegation to Hungary, at which Mr Vona declared: "For Iran, Hungary is the gate to the West."

Mr Gyongyosi appeared to support Iran in its oft-stated aim to wipe Israel off the map. He said: "I always support the position of a threatened country.

"Iran is in the centre of a Middle East axis that Israel and the US want to subjugate and keep under their control. Iran is an extremely peaceful country and never started a war, unlike Israel which has declared wars on anything and everybody around it."

Israel, says Mr Gyongyosi, was founded by "terrorists" and today runs a "Nazi system, based on racial hatred. Look at Lieberman, he's no different to Goebbels. He is a pure Nazi." And Israel's policies in the West Bank and Gaza, which, according to Mr Gyongyosi, amount to shooting women and children and building an "apartheid wall", mean that "the Jews don't have the right to talk about what happened in the Second World War."

Zoltan Balog, Hungary's Minister of State for Social Inclusion, said: "Jobbik play a dangerous game. They are making use of old paranoia at a time of economic crisis."

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    07-13-2017 @ 06:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 509

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    As for whether Jobbik is a neo-fascist party, I'll let you be the judge:

http://www.thejc.com/news/world-news...t-welcome-here
    So what ? Jews are known for not being loyal to the nations they live in. tell me Joe, do you think American Jews are loyal to the USA ? I personally think they have just used this nation as a launch pad to further there machinations

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Siberyak View Post
    So what ? Jews are known for not being loyal to the nations they live in. tell me Joe, do you think American Jews are loyal to the USA ? I personally think they have just used this nation as a launch pad to further there machinations
    Scapegoating Jews is the same failed politics. It's a recipe for disaster.

Basically this Jobbik bunch are doing the following:

Demanding 'lost territory', insulting the Slovaks and Romanians, and making preparations to seize power and wage aggressive war.

Blaming Jews, Americans, capitalists, etc.

Declaring solidarity with Turks against fellow Europeans, and seriously pushing the notion that Hungarians are descended from Atilla the Hun.

Then they're in bed with the Iranians, passing Korans around.

In short, this isn't a political party. It's a collection of asylum escapees.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Scapegoating Jews is the same failed politics. It's a recipe for disaster.

Basically this Jobbik bunch are doing the following:

Demanding 'lost territory', insulting the Slovaks and Romanians, and making preparations to seize power and wage aggressive war.

Blaming Jews, Americans, capitalists, etc.

Declaring solidarity witk Turks against fellow Europeans, and seriously pushing the notion that Hungarians are descended from Atilla the Hun.

Then they're in bed with the Iranians, passing Korans around.

In short, this isn't a political party. It's a collection of asylum escapees.
    Does jobbik keep you up at night or something? Jobbik is not leading Hungary right now anyway

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Does jobbik keep you up at night or something? Jobbik is not leading Hungary right now anyway
    My interest is the future of Europe and seeing European nationalists pursue constructive policies free of stupid ideas sure to get them smashed.

If these guys come to power we can expect fireworks, due mainly to the fact that they're openly looking for a fight.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Question

[QUOTE=Joe McCarthy;740173]My interest is the future of Europe and seeing European nationalists pursue constructive policies free of stupid ideas sure to get them smashed.

If these guys come to power we can expect fireworks, due mainly to the fact that they're [I]openly

If they are democratically elected by the Hungarian people then whats the matter with that

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Siberyak;740182]
    My interest is the future of Europe and seeing European nationalists pursue constructive policies free of stupid ideas sure to get them smashed.

If these guys come to power we can expect fireworks, due mainly to the fact that they're [I]openly

If they are democratically elected by the Hungarian people then whats the matter with that
    Nothing in itself, though they openly declare they're not a democratic party. It's when they start implementing some of their policies that I'll start to get anxious...

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,942
    Given: 58,640

0 Not allowed!

Im sure its a Neo_Fascist Party. I voted, Yes.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

Last Online
    01-29-2021 @ 08:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

I suggest studying what Jobbik actually stands for, particularly its 'pro-European' pan-Turkism, rather than coming at me with fascist anti-American mouthings.
    "Fascist"? Hardly, but I guess anyone who isn't pro-Uncle Sam is no good in your opinion. I do believe the holocaust happened but stating that they think people should be allowed to question it is not fascism (in fact it's probably more fascist to criminalize people for it). Honestly your starting to sound like the leftists who think anyone further right than a neo-con is instantly a 'fascist, nazi, babyeater'.

Joe I'm well versed with what Jobbik actually stand for, I suggest you stop getting information from the MSM or wikipedia - these articles simply copy whatever the MSM says (literally)...just look at how 'unbias' wiki's BNP page is.
    Maybe you should try looking at what they have to say instead of letting bias articles make your decision.

The best illustration of why the international press behaves how it does with respect to Jobbik, is in an article from that day in the Scotsman newspaper. It began, “The scenario is classic. Hungary's economy is in crisis, its large Roma minority is an easy scapegoat, and a far-right party blaming ‘Gypsy crooks’ and ‘welfare spongers’ is set to be the big winner.” Of note is not the plain rubbish written in the second sentence, but rather, what was written in the first.

What is this “classic scenario”? Quite simple really. Central Europeans + Economic Downturn = (or rather, must and can only equal) Hateful Extremists and persecution of minorities.

People don't behave like this anywhere else mind you, only around here. Take a few pennies out of a Hungarian's pocket, and he turns almost immediately into a slavering ultra-nationalist who on the way back from clubbing a local Gypsy, will pause only to hurl yet another brick through the windows of his nearest synagogue.

This scenario is too tempting to avoid, and too easy to question, writing anything else that might actually address the problems and concerns of Hungary and the facts about Jobbik, is of course, much too much like hard work.

It can’t possibly be that Jobbik is the only party dedicated to tackling the endemic corruption that costs Hungarians 3 billion Forints every single day. No! We must be extremists.

It can’t be, at all, that Jobbik is popular because it was the only Hungarian party to raise such taboo subjects as renegotiating the national debt, extending our arable-land sale moratorium, or questioning the role that unrestricted cowboy-capitalism has played here. No! We must be anti-Semitic.

Last Online
    01-29-2021 @ 08:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=Joe McCarthy;740193]

Nothing in itself, though they openly declare they're not a democratic party. It's when they start implementing some of their policies that I'll start to get anxious...
    No they don't, seriously Joe your drawing some pretty wild conclusions here.
    - There fascists because some of them question how many Jews died in WW2?
    - They don't believe in Democracy?
    - There pro-Turkish and anti-European?

However, if we take a look at the countries from Bulgaria to Turkey and all the way across to Eastern Asia, we realise that we, Hungarians could have a lot of common political objectives with these countries. We come to realise that an alliance based and developed on the principles of Turanism instead of the Euro-Atlantic alliance would be more effective in serving the needs and interests of our nation.

In order to avoid misunderstandings, we need to clarify that this would in no way mean that Hungary should separate from Europe. In fact, what we propose would mean a strengthening of our position in Europe, as Hungary could thus become the Western bastion of a Turanic alliance, as well as its representative within the European Union. We also need not worry about the fact that as a Christian nation, we would be dealing with non-Christian nations. Living a non-Christian way of life is already a common, wide-spread practice within the EU. Besides which, we can safely say that a true Muslim believer or any other true believer in their own country is closer to God the Almighty, than non-practicing Christians inhabiting Europe today. If Hungary wants to regain its positions as a strong player on the stage of international politics it should not head in the direction showed by Fidesz and MSZP, the clownish antics exhibited within the EU, but instead membership in a Turanic alliance , or if needed, its leading role and initiative in forming such an alliance.
    This article says nothing about separating Hungary and Europe, but rather that they want a friendly relationship with Asia Minor - Not what I would do but still fine.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information