Religion
    Atheism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default About Turks

Hi there Westerners,
    While I was reading this forum, I have noticed some wrong information about my people, on multiple threads. I decided to open this thread to correct them rather than answering them on the threads I mentioned. It is quicker and more productive for people who want to learn for real. If you have spare time, I recommend reading this.

First of all, Turks are not a race, stop thinking like that. I like Turkology, especially the works of Peter B. Golden, you can take a look at "Introduction to History of Turkic Peoples" if you are interested, I assume you are not, so I will make this quick.

THIS PART IS BORING, YOU ARE WARNED. Anyway, even the earliest Turkic Peoples of Central Asia was more of an ethnic confederation of different Turkic-speaking nomads than being a single ethnicity, or race you may call it. During the reign of Gokturk Khanate(second largest Khanate after the Mongol one), Chinese records show that "Turk" was a term used for all the nomads under Gokturk rule, the original name of the founding Turkic tribe was As-hi-na, in their language, "Türük" meant "reproducing being", or quite possibly, just "human". Therefore, the name was automatically used for Iranic, Mongol, Tungus, Indo-European(Yüechih) and originally Turkic nomads all together, later became the name used to describe the people of Gokturk Khanate.
    Under hundreds of years with certain Turkic Dominance over all the areas north of China, Turkification or at least common usage of Turkic dialects among these different peoples was rather quick. Modern Turkic peoples we know are the mixture of these whole bunch of etnicities. That's why all modern Turkologists agree that "Turk" is an ethnicity based solely on language, not even culture, considering the huge cultural difference among Turkic peoples. We don't have a Turkish look, we can look Mongoloid, European, Iranic or anything. My ancestors were from a Turkmen village in Greece, I have blonde hair and green eyes and no idea if they have banged some Greek chicks or not. I have anatolian Yoruk(Turkmen) friends who are blonde, just like Ataturk who was an Avshar Yoruk.

One last thing, "Turkish" is the word used to describe Turks of Turkey, "Turkic" are the Turkic peoples of Central Asia, like Khazaks, Uyghurs, Turkmen, Kyrguz, Tatars, Uzbeks etc.

Now, about the Muslim matter. Turkey is not Arabia, we are not even related to Semitic states. We are a hardcore secular country and our average muslim girl makes a diet program before summer to be able to fit in her hottest bikinis. East of Turkey is radical, not so much but radical, Kurdish territory(South East) is fanatic, the other parts are basically the wannabe USA. Full of atheists, deists and all that stuff(trend among students), full of booze shops and pubs, motorcycle clubs with that hairy tattooed dudes, we have Armenians and Rums who are Orthodox, especially in Istanbul, Antalya and Izmir there are churches everwhere. An average Turkish guy gets seriously offended when called "hey, you are not secular enough!". You get my point.

Now the Armenian matter. There was indeed an Armenian genocide. Most of my people won't admit, because they are not able to. Because of the political interests of Turkey, our children history books has entire sections based on "Armenians always lie, bad Armenians fuck you", we all had that brainwashing. Our TV, our school, we even had to memorize all that propaganda to pass our fucking exams. This kind of shit leaves scars. Yeah, our government and most of our political parties are VERY nationalistic, but I guess that won't be a problem, considering the huge amount of nationalism and racism I see on this forum. I'm pretty sure most of states I know committed either a war crime, genocide or a pretty rapist invasion, current generation cannot be held responsible for what some people they don't know shit about did a hundred years ago.

About the Turkish immigrants in Europe. I can never understand racism, I'm currently in an activist group fighting Turkish racists(Grey Wolves) but I won't talk about that. When I was in Germany, I couldn't recognize the Turks I saw there, the language and all. Then I realized it sounded like Kurdish(silly me), but Turks weren't so different. I don't know what happens to those guys when they immigrate, they seriously supported Al-Qaeda and I was like wtf, you would go to jail if you said that in Turkey. May be the hard life forced them into religion, dunno, don't care.

That's all I can think of right now. I seriously don't think you red this all, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last Online
    03-02-2022 @ 11:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    thracian
    Ethnicity
    bosniak
    Ancestry
    european
    Country
    Bosnia
    Taxonomy
    european
    Politics
    non
    Religion
    islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,053
    Given: 235

0 Not allowed!

well hello there
    None in the heavens or on earth, except God, knows what is hidden: nor can they perceive when they shall be raised up (for Judgment).

Last Online
    03-26-2017 @ 07:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    !
    Ethnicity
    !
    Country
    Estonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Boğaç Han View Post

About the Turkish immigrants in Europe. I can never understand racism, I'm currently in an activist group fighting Turkish racists(Grey Wolves) but I won't talk about that. When I was in Germany, I couldn't recognize the Turks I saw there, the language and all. Then I realized it sounded like Kurdish(silly me), but Turks weren't so different. I don't know what happens to those guys when they immigrate, they seriously supported Al-Qaeda and I was like wtf, you would go to jail if you said that in Turkey. May be the hard life forced them into religion, dunno, don't care.
    My bf (turk) really hates them. He is not an activist but he does like to participate in protests.

Last Online
    05-12-2012 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Religion
    Orthodoxy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

I'm pretty sure most of states I know committed either a war crime, genocide or a pretty rapist invasion, current generation cannot be held responsible for what some people they don't know shit about did a hundred years ago.
    Why not? Turkey has a problem admitting it. Other countries have commited crimes but they admit it, Turkey doesn't because of some narcissistic mentality.

Its nice you have all these views that seem moderate, but your government is still imperialistic to its neighbours which will cause they nation to look bad.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-20-2017 @ 07:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,097
    Given: 5,253

0 Not allowed!

I'm currently in an activist group fighting Turkish racists(Grey Wolves).
    Only this sentence is enough to say you have no place in this forum...

Last Online
    03-14-2012 @ 10:38 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Turanid-Turkmen
    Religion
    Atheism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanion View Post
    Why not? Turkey has a problem admitting it. Other countries have commited crimes but they admit it, Turkey doesn't because of some narcissistic mentality.
    Not because of that, trust me if it was I would be the first one to admit it and use it to attack my asshole government.
    Turkey has A LOT at stake, as a growing country who has to invest a lot on it's military due to PKK and similar problems, also having a rightful paranoia about the army taking over the control again(which would mean very costly further operations in Northern Iraq), government cannot afford to lose any money or even reputation in Middle East. Everybody is currently rebelled here, Marxists, Anarchists, Fascists, Kurdish groups, Radical Islamists, everyday someone dies and risk of civil uprising escalates further.
    Government has to protect it's position if it wants to guarantee the next elections, if it loses reputation on a matter like Armenian Genocide, well, you know the rest, army will fuck us over.
    Fuck the government, hate them myself for numerous reasons, but it is common logic and politics that Turkey simply cannot afford to admit a genocide.

Its nice you have all these views that seem moderate, but your government is still imperialistic to its neighbours which will cause they nation to look bad.
    It is also nice that you liked my views, come here, I wanna hug you. My government is nothing but a pawn to US since the coup of 1980, which was orchestrated against the quickly rising Soviet threat. They say jump, Turkey jumps, they say fuck Syria, Turkey fucks Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by feuerfrei View Post
    Only this sentence is enough to say you have no place in this forum...
    Would you like to rather deal with a Grey Wolf mambo jambo? Only thing they will do will be asking for your adress. They know better not to mess with Marxists with guns up here to not start a fucking war, but they think of you foreigners as coward little bitches, you won't get a decent conversation.

But if you have any questions to a non-nationalist Turkish guy who has ridicoulous amounts of spare time these days, go ahead bro.
    Last edited by Boğaç Han; 03-05-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Last Online
    05-12-2012 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Religion
    Orthodoxy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

It is also nice that you liked my views, come here, I wanna hug you. My government is nothing but a pawn to US since the coup of 1980, which was orchestrated against the quickly rising Soviet threat. They say jump, Turkey jumps, they say fuck Syria, Turkey fucks Syria.
    I agree with you here, I really doubt Turkey wanted that NATO shield in its country, why would it want to be a target in a future war? America insisted. But at the same time Turkey needs America so its a double-edge sword.

Last Online
    04-30-2014 @ 10:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hittite/Hurrian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Armenia
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid with minor Ar(meNordic)abid influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53

0 Not allowed!

I would have agreed with you if Turkey was a specific case but unfortunately other surrounding countries have the same mentality so in your case your problem is that you are weak and you cannot do anything to Turkey so in that case they are the bad guys you are the good guy.

I agree with you here, I really doubt Turkey wanted that NATO shield in its country, why would it want to be a target in a future war? America insisted. But at the same time Turkey needs America so its a double-edge sword.
    What a subjective point of view from you and some members here when USA comes in consideration,i am not surprised it is expected from the Orthodox club to hold such views.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-05-2017 @ 09:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    n/A
    Country
    New Zealand
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 2

1 Not allowed!

Whether Turks are radical muslims or not, no student of history can deny that Turkey has been the historic enemy of Europe for hundreds of years and no student of European 21st century politics can any that Turkish immigrants in Europe are refusing to integrate and lowering the standard of life for Europeans.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-19-2024 @ 04:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

0 Not allowed!

One thing that Turkey has is it's beautiful women. Turkish women are beyond gorgeous. However it has a wide variety of cool elements, the Turkic cultural elements are in itself admirable.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information