Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Something of Everything
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 500
    Given: 254

0 Not allowed!

Love between men is fine, I love my father and my friends, too. I just don´t see a connection between that love and french-kissing them. I also love my dog, yet I never thought of... well...

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2015 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Netherlands
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    whatever
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWW

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Stefan; "meta-ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ethnicity
    Stefan; "ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ancestry
    Britain, Germany, Iberia, France, West Africa, Carribean natives, etc, etc.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Individualist Anarchist - influenced by Tucker/Stirner/Proudhon/Warren
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ficuscarica View Post

Some things are just obviously disgusting, evil or sick to almost everyone. Same is true for homosexuality. Just in the last decades some perverts with an agenda succesfully blinded the mind of some people that easily can be tricked into believing the most absurde things.

I think disgust(or the lack of thereof) has more to do with social pressures than natural inhibitions. Of course people generally are confused and shocked by things that occur less often, but to think the reaction is any more inherent than that relies too much on assumptions and a generalization of a large group of human beings out there. There has been evidence throughout history that this derision for homosexuality wasn't as potent nor even evident as it was once Christianity started to play a major role. Just look into the treatment in other cultures(thinks of some Eastern cultures) in comparison with our own(Western.)

And you see what happens when people dismiss Christianity/the creator. As they don´t have absolute moral truth anymore they neglect their own conscience and the most basic feeling of what is right and wrong. I know that you know and you know that I know that you know that it´s disgusting and wrong. From your perspective you just can´t see why your natural conscience should be reliable as you don´t see it as the result of absolute moral truth being planted in your heart.
    Some people don't need a book or a church to tell them what decisions to make, or whether they're the right or wrong decisions(most things aren't that easy.) I certainly don't. I think for myself; it is quite nice. I suppose not everybody is capable of it, and a moral guidance of some kind is necessary.

Basically what I get from this second post is that I don't have the cultural impositions brought through Christianity, so in effect I am not biased nor predisposed to believe homosexuality is wrong. This I could argue further verifies my point that such disdain isn't entirely inherent. Trust me on this; I am entirely indifferent to displays of affection among homosexuals. This includes all of the acceptable displays among heterosexuals, anything more of course is quite unsettling, yet that would be the case for heterosexual couples partaking such activities as well.

Last Online
    03-04-2014 @ 08:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Humanoid
    Ethnicity
    Euroasian
    Ancestry
    Good Question
    Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Something of Everything
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Let me explain my statement about the conscience and about right or wrong. If you don´t believe in an absolute moral force all your values are relative and there´s no ultimate justification for them. I could go around and say killing people is the best thing to do, that means for me. Now proof me wrong. You can´t.

If you on the other hand say there´s an eternal God and right and wrong aren´t created but have always existed in his thinking then you can believe in absolute moral.

Now to the next point:
    I found homosexuality disgusting before I became a Christian or was taught about it.

The human conscience can apparently be formed against its nature and become hardened, that´s how I explain your claimed indifference on public homosexual behaviour.

Last Online
    07-08-2012 @ 11:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    Barbarians the Romans couldn't handle
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Philadelphia
    Politics
    Tradition and improvisation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

Yesterday I heard that somebody I know (college age) is gay, and that his mother was blathering on about how gays are evil and they choose to be gay in order to offend people and because they hate Jesus etc etc. He tried to stay quiet but then blurted out, shaking, "but Mom, I'm Gay and I know that none of that is true!" His mother was horrified and accused him of coming out only to hurt her, and that he should go to some Christian counseling. Her son barely has the emotional strength to deal with the situation.

What would you do in his place? Can't you see how her willful ignorance is harming her own son?

I salute the courage of those gay marines. They set a good example, and any kids who witnessed their affection for each other will not be harmed but instead will be more likely to grow up to be wiser individuals, as opposed to the mother of my acquaintance.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ficuscarica View Post
    Let me explain my statement about the conscience and about right or wrong. If you don´t believe in an absolute moral force all your values are relative and there´s no ultimate justification for them. I could go around and say killing people is the best thing to do, that means for me. Now proof me wrong. You can´t.

If you on the other hand say there´s an eternal God and right and wrong aren´t created but have always existed in his thinking then you can believe in absolute moral.
    I don't believe in God, yet I still realize there are consequences for my actions; both internally(via the feelings of guilt, and remorse) and externally(through the social structure I was born into.) That is enough to keep me away from partaking in the activity of murder, or any other activity for which I feel guilt. I don't ignore my conscience, if something is wrong - I won't perform that action. It is quite simple. I don't need any more justification than that. I certainly don't need to pretend I believe in something which I don't either.

Now to the next point:
    I found homosexuality disgusting before I became a Christian or was taught about it.

The human conscience can apparently be formed against its nature and become hardened, that´s how I explain your claimed indifference on public homosexual behaviour.
    I'm interested, what about it makes you feel disgusted? I generally ignore all forms of affection among other individuals, so I really don't analyze things like this that much. I do not care and have not ever cared what other people do unless two things occur: 1. They harm somebody else, 2. It interferes with my daily routine negatively. That is the nature of my indifference. I'm very interested in the other stance though, why would anybody have so many emotions invested into something that has very little significance to them or others? I just don't understand it.

I'm also interested to know what your reason is for why people partake in homosexual activities. Are they inherent abnormalities? If so, what causes it? Why are they not only open to homosexuality, but pushed away from any heterosexual attraction(excluding bisexuals?)

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Humanoid
    Ethnicity
    Euroasian
    Ancestry
    Good Question
    Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Something of Everything
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I have to clarify one thing. Many men have developed sexual fetishes, which you can clearly see on the internet and the content it´s offering. Unlike with other perversions people are encouraged to embrace homosexuality or to "live" their homosexual perversion. If a lobby of sado masochists worked on the same for sm many sm people would have their coming out, too. The same is true for bestiality and other weird stuff. These people don´t find sexual pleasure outside from the perversion they have brought themselves into, either.

I have some experience in psychology and can guarantee you that many perversions start because people look for a sexual kick. Through the orgasm and adrenalin they get conditioned to that perversion and find it harder and harder to leave it. I believe that´s true for many homosexuals, too.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Humanoid
    Ethnicity
    Euroasian
    Ancestry
    Good Question
    Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Something of Everything
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

@Stefan: We would have to go much deeper into philosophy to discuss the matter of right and wrong. You say that the feeling of guilt and the consequences for others give you a reason for avoiding certain things. Maybe the right thing is to have guilt and to harm others. Who knows? What tells you that your approach to life is right?
    I can claim anything is good or evil and you can´t disprove it. You jcan only say you feel this way or that way about it. Then I will tell you your feelings don´t matter, because they aren´t absolute truth, just the result of biochemical reactions in a little physical object called human brain.
    You cannot get around that. You have to have an absolute, eternal fundament for moral or moral ultimately can´t be defended.

I actually don´t care much about homosexuals, I just was drawn into that discussion. Something doesn´t have to harm me or others in order to cause disgust. I´d find it disgusting to have sex with a granny, too. Apparently humans by nature find some things disgusting.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-12-2018 @ 09:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    German-Irish-Scot 1/8th Italian
    Ancestry
    Co. Mayo, Baden, Hessen Darmstadt, Rhine-Hessen, Berliner, Co Monaghan, Lower Saxony, and Co. Cork
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Lower Saxony
    Taxonomy
    Faelid+North Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarianism
    Religion
    Master Morality/Prussianism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257

0 Not allowed!

Its fine that people are gay, but they can keep their feelings and expressions to private venues, where no one is exposed to their abnormal ways. I think its not safe to expose this kind of behavior to the rest of the population, especially to the children in that environment, because it could send a bad message.

I think I find it disheartening that they are allowing gays in the army at a faster race, and I find it to be emasculating and a probable weakening aspect to let people with gay sexual energies to cooperate and colloborate with other soliders in a battlefield situation. I think it could mess with the espirtu de corps of an amry a bit, just like letting women in a combat situation would.

I just don't think they have the right disposition or mentality to be fighting in an army, and I don't care how well trained or physically conditioned they might be. Unfortunately it seems like the qualifications and criteria in the U.S. army is decreasing, which has been a trend since the Clinton administration.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In that case; I have a few more questions.

Why is it wrong?

I understand that you believe it is a developed characteristic, one that is chosen(albeit probably subconsciously.) So if somebody chose to partake in such an activity on their own accord, why is it wrong? Because it disgusts other people? In that case, then I know plenty of people disgusted by public displays of affection in which both participants are of the opposite sex. Is that also wrong?

Does sex have an integral role for developing romantic feelings for another individual. If so, why would having a sexual preference preclude somebody from developing the romantic form of love for that partner? Wouldn't there be a positive correlation opposed to a negative correlation?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information