Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ficuscarica View Post
    I understand your point, but you really got to leave the narrow perspective to understand me. Let me say it that way: Who cares about nature, laws of nature, working societes, etc.?
    Heh, you can not care about water boiling at 100 degrees if you want, or about gravity, but you'd better not try putting your hands in kettles or walking off the edges of roofs!

Look, you can say something is for some reason, but I can always go on and ask why that reason is a reason. Your whole moral is literally floating around without a fundament, from a metaphysical point of view as irrelevant as it can be. That´s why you need something absolute to build it on.

All goals or moral are worth sh!t when everyone can say that your moral or your goals are baseless and you sooner or later have to agree as you go deeper into the reasons and the reasons for the reasons....
    Your absolute is no great thing to argue with, though. It's not agreed upon by everyone in the world. There are millions of people who claim other absolutes to found their very different moralities upon. How am I to judge that you are worth listening to and they are not!?

It´s even true for survival. How can you say, how can you know that you are your people should survive. How can you even know that life in general is good? Maybe it´s the best for everything to just become rotten dirt as soon as possible.
    I want to survive. That's enough for me.
    All organisms must perpetuate themselves, or not exist. I don't care about the metaphysics, and see little point in discussing it when there are such self-evident truths at play as the instinct for survival.

Last Online
    03-04-2014 @ 08:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Humanoid
    Ethnicity
    Euroasian
    Ancestry
    Good Question
    Country
    Vatican
    Taxonomy
    Something of Everything
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 500
    Given: 254

0 Not allowed!

Again your trying to take it down to a very simple level, the level of a good feeling or survival. But then you make the presumption that a good feeling or survival is the right thing to pursue. Unfortunately there´s just no justification for that belief, it´s literally and utterly baseless.
    Every other argument you can bring into the debate will suffer the same fate, it will be exposed as baseless.

There´s just no "shipping-around" that basic metaphysic principle that says moral is just a baseless nothing when it has no absolute fundament.

Of course we can discuss which ethic system is the right thing. I have very good reason to believe it´s the Christian one. But of course it would take a lot of time to expand on that...

Last Online
    05-03-2012 @ 02:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    The North Star
    Country
    England
    Taxonomy
    Super Nordid
    Politics
    Realism
    Religion
    Narcissism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post
    It can be, but I hardly think it is. I kiss my friends, I kiss my family, it's just normal, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Loddfafner View Post
    It is one thing to defend the right to express one's discomfort, but another thing entirely to expect the government to protect you from discomfort, or to expect others to refrain from making you uncomfortable. The world does not revolve around you, and the state is not your mommy.
    up

Quote Originally Posted by Odoacer View Post
    Tell that to the queers.
    It's more a right-to-exist-thing than an I'm-uncomfortable-with-straight people-making-out-in-front-of-me thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Susi View Post
    It can be, but I hardly think it is. I kiss my friends, I kiss my family, it's just normal, isn't it?
    Why are you being stupid? This is a 'French' kiss, and the Marine in question is wrapping his legs around his partner.

It's more a right-to-exist-thing than an I'm-uncomfortable-with-straight people-making-out-in-front-of-me thing.
    Hardly any of the conservatives here have attacked the man's right to exist. We have far wider issues in mind. You are just worrying about a few individuals, while we are worrying about entire civilisations.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-15-2015 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Neo-European
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Susi View Post
    No, it's a "right-to-make-you-breeders-squirm-because-I'm-a-queer-and-proud-of-it-and-everything-I-do-should-be-legally-protected-so-that-no-one-can-express-any-bigotry-toward-me" thing.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-31-2012 @ 07:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Ancestry
    Danish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Iowa
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

It is just more of the typical attention seeking, in your face behavior by the very tiny homosexual minority. If the Obama thinks this is good for the military maybe he should use the pic as a recruiting poster.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Stefan; "meta-ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ethnicity
    Stefan; "ethnicity" is a spook and I don't mean the slur.
    Ancestry
    Britain, Germany, Iberia, France, West Africa, Carribean natives, etc, etc.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Pennsylvania
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U4b1b
    Taxonomy
    Pseudoscience
    Politics
    Individualist Anarchist - influenced by Tucker/Stirner/Proudhon/Warren
    Religion
    Agnostic athiest
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

Possibly my feelings of indifference result from a discontinuity with national peers in terms of ethnicity, as an American. Since my neighbor isn't necessarily my ethnic peer, I'm probably more lenient with what others do, since there isn't an ultimate cultural satisfaction to be imposed. Possibly, in a more homogeneous society, I'd see the need for upholding cultural ideals, but at this point the focus of what is important is more at the familial than national level. I try to predict what my emotional response would be if, say, my future child were homosexual, and I think it is inevitable that disappointment would be present, but not due to the fault of the child - mostly because I would like to see a continuity of my familial grouping, my genetics, and my personal ideals. Of course I wouldn't go to the extreme of hating them for it, but I think I would certainly be disappointed, not with them - but with their unforeseen development.

So my indifference only applies to people who are not relevant to me.

Overall, I wouldn't describe my negative response to homosexuality as disgust, but more as a deviation from a very strongly valued ideal - which is disappointment. Since I have no expectations for people I do not know, the impact is entirely absent.

As for any displeasure from public displays of affection, I feel it is very easy to just ignore them. Yeah, it is wrong to do, but I am not under the pretense that I have much control of other people at this level. There are a few options: complain to a government that can't or won't do anything, ask politely if they will(the problem-causers) refrain from such displays or ignore the display. The last option seems much easier to do, although it doesn't solve anything on a grand-scale, but as long as nobody is getting hurt in the process I suppose there are far worse acts out in the world, and the allotment of my time in other areas of my life would be better spent than to dwell on something I can't control. Why exactly should I waste time on other people's faults when I have things actually relevant to my daily life that I should address?

As for the dissatisfaction of others, it seems quite evident to me that one cannot please everyone. Even within the same cultural entity, there is diversity in the opinions of the population. The only difference is that under a controlled population their opinions aren't entirely evident or fully expressed. Although, I agree that any respectable person should try to alleviate any displeasure he or she causes to others, even if it limits his or her personal freedoms, but unfortunately not everybody is that selfless. I just accept this, with things that disgust me, and move on. Although, I won't impose this reaction on to others. I just want to express how useful it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Osweo View Post
    - Which is rather a defect in a social animal. Your particular feelings or lack of them are not the best to be heeded in this matter, clearly.
    All of my posts in this thread have been made to understand, in more detail, the thoughts of others, or to describe my own. I have no motivation to persuade others to accept them as their own, nor any expectations that I'm able to. It was just a friendly(although a bit energetic) exchange of thoughts and ideas. I thrive off them. My opinions aren't exactly static either; I make adjustments as I read what others have to say. So I don't really mind if anybody heeds my opinions, feelings or thoughts on a matter; however, I'm not dissuaded from presenting them. This is mostly because I'm not entirely certain how useful my thoughts and feelings can be to others. Overall I've found, and continue to find all posts in this thread helpful, either because they help me reaffirm my own thoughts, to cohere a thought I have not fully developed, or to reassess a belief that I have, but could be faulty.

Oh and I realize my below average empathetic abilities cause disadvantages, but it is so inherent it will take years for me to develop equivalent skills. The best way to develop these skills is to understand the thoughts of others and the process by which they've formed. So even if others haven't gained anything from my posts, I've gained skills by analyzing their responses. So my efforts haven't been entirely fruitless.

Last Online
    11-11-2020 @ 02:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,047
    Given: 1,137

0 Not allowed!

To better handling the problem one should understand why the phenomenon of gay sex exists.

Actually the today's version of mankind became possible only due to that phenomenon of gay sex or in other words due to bisexual nature of man. If there was not that phenomenon we would have different version of mankind if we would have any.

The problem was that in times immemorial human had an extremely strong and powerful eating instinct and actually man could eat ANY MEAT including meat of other humans. So defeated and thrown down enemy was going to find his way in stomach of winner. There was a necessity of no less strong and powerful instinct to stop man-eating and cannibalism and that was a sexual instinct. In other words human should be able not only to eat ANY HUMAN MEAT but also he should be able to f*ck ANY HUMAN MEAT. Of course that behavior towards defeated enemy in fact raping him was brutal rude and unpleasant but nevertheless it was kind of "love".

So weakest and defeated had chances to survive and not to be eaten by strongest. That had a great impact on development of more mild and humane society.

In prehistory times men had to be in same sex group for long times to get living and gay style relationships made possible more friendly spirit among them and passing valuable knowledge and experiences from older men to young men.

Lets not forget that initial embryos of more or less friendly spirit and democracy style co-existence of humans were appeared in so called "men's comradeships" in Ancient Greece.

So in short we can see that historically men's bisexuality was a necessity to provide development of society and more comfortable and safe life.

But now bisexuality lost its practical meaning and as everything which does not have any practical meaning should die out. It's no longer of use and definitely should not be promoted and tolerated.

Last Online
    03-26-2012 @ 01:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ARmenian Highlander
    Ethnicity
    ARmenian
    Ancestry
    ARmenian Highland ( erroneously referred to as Eastern Anatolia or Eastern Asia Minor)
    Country
    Armenia
    Religion
    Apostolic Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsen_ View Post

But now bisexuality lost its practical meaning and as everything which does not have any practical meaning should die out. It's no longer of use and definitely should not be promoted and tolerated.
    Good to see this part, otherwise I was kinda worried for you!
    Armenian DNA Project

over 300 individuals that have already been tested, revealing that the Armenian branches of DNA are at the root of many branches in Europe.

Armenians belong to 13 distinct genetic groups that go back tens of thousands of years, while at the same time there is no trace of invaders in their DNA in the last 4000 years

Last Online
    06-22-2012 @ 10:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New World
    Ethnicity
    Limenian
    Country
    Peru
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranid-Dinarid-Armenoid
    Religion
    Agnostic.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39

0 Not allowed!

People and parents who scandalize over this kind of thing (two men or women kissing on the streets) are also the ones who usually teach their children to completely ignore poor people when walking by them (in case this is not accurate for the society you live in, I'm talking about how things are here).

The latter one is more perverse in my opinion. Granted, it's hard for them to understand and it's usually settled with a phrase such as "that's how things are". Children eventually end up ignoring poor people as they grow and reach adulthood (like it happens here), or change their minds as they are more mature and have a better understanding of things, etc. So why can't the same be done in the first case? No children will have any sort of trauma or anything over it.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information