Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up The Reason Project

I received this in my email this morning. Thought you might be interested. I very much agree with their purpose:

The Reason Project Has Launched!

Please visit our website and become a part of The Reason Project:
    www.reasonproject.org

The Reason Project is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation devoted to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values in society. Drawing on the talents of some of the most prominent and creative thinkers across a wide range of disciplines, The Reason Project seeks to encourage critical thinking and wise public policy through a variety of interrelated projects — all with the purpose of eroding the influence of dogmatism, superstition, and bigotry in our world.
    If you would like to contribute to the launch of the foundation, your support would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sam Harris
    Co-Founder and CEO

Annaka Harris
    Co-Founder

The Reason Project Advisory Board: Clifford S. Asness, Peter Atkins, Jerry Coyne, Richard Dawkins, Daniel C. Dennett, Brent Forrester, Rebecca Goldstein, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Christopher Hitchens, Lawrence Krauss, Harold Kroto, Bill Maher, Ian McEwan, Steven Pinker, Salman Rushdie, Ryan Scott, Lee M. Silver, J. Craig Venter, Ibn Warraq, and Steven Weinberg.
    PRIVACY POLICYThe Reason Project is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation. All contributions are tax deductible.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-08-2012 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Update in my email today (27 May):

The Reason Project has Launched!
    The Reason Project website has finally launched. If you haven't received an email announcement directly from the foundation, you are not on our mailing list.

I encourage you to visit the Reason Project website, register as a user, and get involved.

www.reasonproject.org

We have a variety of projects underway and increasing opportunities for your involvement. One immediate need is to build an archive of the best secular resources on the Internet. Registered users can submit their favorite articles, videos, interviews, etc.

And please consider making a donation to the foundation. The leading religious organizations have operating budgets of over $100 million per year. There is no equivalent organization in the secular world. It may take a while, but you can help us build it!

Best,
    Sam

email: author@samharris.org
    web: http://www.samharris.org/

Thread Information