Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any particular learning method?

Todo aquél que ama es un guerrero. Feral's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-13-2023 @ 01:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feral warrior caste.
    Ethnicity
    Latinoamericano Argentino.
    Ancestry
    HAR1F
    Country
    Argentina
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Amerindio + CM?.
    Politics
    Corpus Callosum.
    Religion
    Non-dogmatic virtue ethicist.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,105
    Given: 2,036

2 Not allowed!

Default Do you have any particular learning method?

I'm currently using a strategy for learning, inspired in the habits of Piotr Wozniak.
    I separate my diary routine into periods (creativity, studying and reading, exercise, then I review what I learned during the day.) Altough I've a regular basis for sleeping (I sleep 8hs, between 12PM~2AM), this allow me to improve myself without having to follow an estrict routine (which it's often stressful).
    Regarding with techniques it depends on the activities, but about learning from what I've studied or read, I use spaced repetition. At the moment I'm trying to improve my methods by modifying whatever I think It must; And I'm now reading about specific techniques such as the mnemonic, so I can add to my habits whatever I find useful.

I've taken advice from this article, which inspired me to investigate about making a proper way for learning that could suit me.

http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/...16-05/gs_intro

And this is the article about Wozniak methods for memorization :
    http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/...-05/ff_wozniak
    It's quite long, but I think it worth it.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Favored by those with impeccable taste Supreme American's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-27-2012 @ 04:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Colorado
    Taxonomy
    Kraut
    Politics
    Plenty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Chunking helps me.

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,742
    Given: 3,217

0 Not allowed!

What are you trying to learn?

Todo aquél que ama es un guerrero. Feral's Avatar
    Last Online
    07-13-2023 @ 01:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feral warrior caste.
    Ethnicity
    Latinoamericano Argentino.
    Ancestry
    HAR1F
    Country
    Argentina
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Amerindio + CM?.
    Politics
    Corpus Callosum.
    Religion
    Non-dogmatic virtue ethicist.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,105
    Given: 2,036

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDelarge View Post
    What are you trying to learn?
    I've set my sights on a variety of matters (but, mostly, things related with maths, philosophy, and some arts like painting or writing). I'm interest in learning a little enought of almost everything I can get on my hands, besides of having a more intense interest of some particular stuff (like maths or philosophy, for ex.)

But what I wanted to know are the habits you may have in your daily life and how this influences your activities --especially when studying something.
    Personally, I try to synchronize myself with my way of being. Most people I know are or too strict or too loose with the way they manage their lifes, leaving aside their formal education or work. So I try to recognize when I'm most able and willing to do certain stuff in different times of the day. Ie, I prefer to exercise first that anything else, then studying or reading, then doing some creative stuff like drawning or writing, or maybe play some instrument, then, finally, take a review of what I've done in the day (especially about what I've learned). That's why I divide my days in periods but I do not schedule it; this way I wouln't feel stressed by trying to follow and strict schedule, and won't be lazy about doing what I want to do. Not just that, I feel more comfortable by doing it that way, which makes me more willing to realize this activities more happily.
    Maybe by knowing the habits you have to organize your daily life, I could improve mines --and vice versa.
    Last edited by Feral; 03-17-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Favored by those with impeccable taste Supreme American's Avatar
    Last Online
    12-27-2012 @ 04:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Colorado
    Taxonomy
    Kraut
    Politics
    Plenty
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Kveldulf View Post
    I've set my sights on a variety of matters (but, mostly, things related with maths, philosophy, and some arts like painting or writing).
    With math, I find it best to work out problems by hand repeatedly until I get a mastery of it.

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,742
    Given: 3,217

0 Not allowed!

I've set my sights on a variety of matters (but, mostly, things related with maths, philosophy, and some arts like painting or writing). I'm interest in learning a little enought of almost everything I can get on my hands, besides of having a more intense interest of some particular stuff (like maths or philosophy, for ex.)

But what I wanted to know are the habits you may have in your daily life and how this influences your activities --especially when studying something.
    Personally, I try to synchronize myself with my way of being. Most people I know are or too strict or too loose with the way they manage their lifes, leaving aside their formal education or work. So I try to recognize when I'm most able and willing to do certain stuff in different times of the day. Ie, I prefer to exercise first that anything else, then studying or reading, then doing some creative stuff like drawning or writing, or maybe play some instrument, then, finally, take a review of what I've done in the day (especially about what I've learned). That's why I divide my days in periods but I do not schedule it; this way I wouln't feel stressed by trying to follow and strict schedule, and won't be lazy about doing what I want to do. Not just that, I feel more comfortable by doing it that way, which makes me more willing to realize this activities more happily.
    Maybe by knowing habits you have to organize your daily life, I could improve mines --and vice versa.
    I'm done with school so i have no need to study anything anymore. That only happens at work now but i'm payed to do it, so that should be motivational enough.

When i was in college and i had to study something for an exam i would always do it in group. Staying at home alone studying is a bad idea if you have a computer or TV nearby. So i would go to college to study when there were no classes and it was exams time. I would stay there all day with other people studying. It was very productive.

Tough on Violent Crime
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    Mongrelized NW Euromutt
    Ancestry
    Northwestern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alaska
    Taxonomy
    CM
    Politics
    Suck
    Religion
    You follow yours...I follow none
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,676
    Given: 12,354

1 Not allowed!

I am a kinesthetic learner with visual coming in close second. I best learn something by just doing it.

Magnificent bastard Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-08-2014 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, French, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Ubermensch
    Ancestry
    Germany Austria France Croatia
    Country
    Croatia
    Taxonomy
    Mixed
    Politics
    Freedom.......
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

1 Not allowed!

I'm currently using a strategy for learning, inspired in the habits of Piotr Wozniak.
    I separate my diary routine into periods (creativity, studying and reading, exercise, then I review what I learned during the day.) Altough I've a regular basis for sleeping (I sleep 8hs, between 12PM~2AM), this allow me to improve myself without having to follow an estrict routine (which it's often stressful).
    Regarding with techniques it depends on the activities, but about learning from what I've studied or read, I use spaced repetition. At the moment I'm trying to improve my methods by modifying whatever I think It must; And I'm now reading about specific techniques such as the mnemonic, so I can add to my habits whatever I find useful.

I've taken advice from this article, which inspired me to investigate about making a proper way for learning that could suit me.

http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/...16-05/gs_intro

And this is the article about Wozniak methods for memorization :
    http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/...-05/ff_wozniak
    It's quite long, but I think it worth it.
    Total immersion into a subject works for me.
    Fortune favors the bold.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
    Buddha

Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-germanic
    Ethnicity
    Annunaki Reptilian
    Ancestry
    we wuz Franks with swords killing dragons n shiet
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    HV0
    Politics
    Get off my lawn
    Hero
    Adolfo Ramirez
    Religion
    Paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,072
    Given: 772

1 Not allowed!

When I learned spanish or german (and japanese) I used to play videogames set on whatever language I was learning.
    Football games with commentary in Spanish or finish a GTA with german subs.
    I have rote memory, which means that information tends to be assimilated when it's repeated, which is ideal for videogames.

I love to mix learning with recreational activities...

When I learned guitar, I learned songs in Spanish or Portuguese for exemple (like bossa nova). You learn guitar+language all in one.

Last Online
    07-18-2017 @ 02:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Nordid
    Politics
    Eurocentrism, Human rights, Anti-Putinism
    Hero
    The Mother Goddess
    Religion
    Eclectic Paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 799
    Given: 1,158

0 Not allowed!

I have something like a photographic memory because I remember things just the way they are written as if I am looking at them directly. But I have to confess that I am very lazy and I like to make improvisations with the material and never write or study it exactly the way it is.
    До твоя олтар утъпкана пътека води...

Let virtue distinguish the brave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information