American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Erna View Post
    I don't care much for death penalty, no. It's an easy way out for scumbags, I'd much rather see them in labour camps where they could work all day long, day out and day in, to make up for what they cost society.
    It's easy to underestimate the fear of death though. Speaking for myself, I would much rather work at hard labor for the rest of my life than be executed.

Last Online
    06-15-2015 @ 03:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Nordeby
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 36

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UserName1 View Post
    It's easy to underestimate the fear of death though. Speaking for myself, I would much rather work at hard labor for the rest of my life than be executed.
    Good, then you'd pay back to society in some form at least. Your death wouldn't do anyone any good, apart from maybe giving the victim's family warm and fuzzy feelings inside...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

1 Not allowed!

Good, then you'd pay back to society in some form at least. Your death wouldn't do anyone any good, apart from maybe giving the victim's family warm and fuzzy feelings inside...
    The death penalty is basic justice, not about revenge or "fuzzy feelings." But my comment was just in regard to the idea that the death penalty is an easy out. I think the reverse is true.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-23-2015 @ 09:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    American (colonial)
    Ancestry
    English, Scotch-Irish, & German
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Wessex
    Y-DNA
    Scots Model R1b-L21-L1335-L1605+
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Nordic/Alpine mixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,134
    Given: 12,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
    Against it. Why? Because you can never undo the death of someone who was innocent but was mistakenly given the death penalty.

I see the death penalty as nothing more than "revenge".
    agree with you on your first point but I disagree with you on the second.

I honestly cant imagine having to live with a situation where someone had murdered or killed someone I love or someone I was close to or my family.

no one would ever have true closure from something like that but I do think the death penalty gives or potentially might give the families of the victims some sense of relief, true relief not just stupid revenge like you say but could give them sense of true relief, no matter how little, so they can focus more on their grief and it might release some of their anger toward the person that did that to their loved one. I think it does gives the victim's family something and it is about justice for the victims, not just stupid fucking revenge like you seem to think.

that's fucking retarded. when someone in your family or that you care about gets killed then talk about the death penalty.

then you can honestly have a real perspective on it.

until then, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about, on your second comment.

I have a friend who's sister was killed by a drunk driver. he lives in some small ass town and shit. the guy got off on a technicality so he didn't even do one month in jail.

he sees this guy every fucking day of his life because the guy drives a delivery truck and lives in the same town

he's been in mental hospitals for it and all that shit. what the fuck do you think is going to honestly happen? he is going to end up literally killing this guy. the justice system failed him. the guy killed his sister, even if drunk at the time, people still get time for it usually, for manslaughter or something. he cat be charged twice because of double jeopardy.

and I've been drunk to the point where I didn't know what he fuck I was doing and I hurt someone before in a fight but I still got an Aggr. Assault charge like I should have.

so I get the guy was drunk but he did not do any jail time at all and he killed this guy's sister. fuck that. he would have been dead already if it was me

its not for stupid revenge- it really is for justice for the family and the victim and so the family doesn't have to go through more bullshit knowing the person who killed them or murdered them is still alive. while they're in the ground. fuck that. people fucking deserve the penalty. it depends on the case but in certain cases people just fucking deserve it. honestly.

people are fucking retarded if they honesty think people suffer in prison. A lot if not most people like that thrive in an environment like that, the don't fucking suffer. the do, but not in the way people think. they're not fucked up with it.

I promise you, if anyone ever killed someone you cared for even just a friend or something, you would want justice too, you would want the same shit to happen to them too.

if not, then feel sorry for anyone you care about or if you have any sisters or any family, children or anything.

you say "revenge" ????? you shouldn't make light of it. if something like that ever really did happen to someone I loved or t my family or if I had child especially etc.....

I seriously couldn't stop myself from killing them. people make light of it. but its' there for a good reason it serves a real purpose . it really s there or the victims and their family etc...

and it should be or them. even if they say its for the state, still, it should but done anyway, period, it is and should be for the victims, whether its intended that way or not doesn't matter.

but to me it's for the victims, not the fucking rights of the person who did it.

just because we have a fucked up and corrupt system doesn't mean everyone in prison or who ends up getting the death penalty is a victim of that though either.

yeah, some people honestly deserve to die and be on death row for they've done. I mean, I remember the famous case of that bitch in texas long tie ago who killed her own kids and they were just infants and toddlers.
    she fought the death penalty saying she was a re-born Christian and all that stupid shit. and many dumbass mother fuckers supported her and were against her being executed.

fuck that, she should've been put to death and she was. she killed her own children. I don't see how anyone that does something like that deserves any less.

even, Tookie Williams, one of the guys that first started the Crips in L.A., California, with Raymond Washington, got the death penalty for murdering some people when he and some of his people broke into someone's house, a home invasion and killed the family one night.

then years later you have dumb fucks like Snoop Dogg and other dumb-ass mother fuckers, rappers and famous people protesting when he finally ran out of appeals and it was getting close to his execution date.

some protested against it on the claim he turned his lie around, distanced himself from gang life etc.... which he did but that's fucking stupid or else annyonecan od any fucking thing and just trn around later and then what? you'rejust supposed to not give them the time they deserves just for that?that's fucking retarded

they sill put him to death anyway ad they should have, hefucking deserved it, that familyis still dead. He knew what the fuck he was doing no matter how long ago it was no matter how young or stupid he was at the time it don't mean shit he still know what it means to kill someone I cold blood. Not even a riva or enemty gang member r someonewho was trying t shoot at him or something but a fucking family who was just sitting at home one night.

yeah he got what he fucking deserved

some people deserve it. I don't give a fuck what anyone says. when someone in your family or someone you love and really care about then tell us what you think about the death penalty.
    shit, they should let the victim's families have a say in it. they shold let them decide if the death penalty should be an option or not, they should let the victims families choose how the mother fucker dies. fuck lethal injection, that's too good, If someone did that to my family, fuck that, they wouldn't get to go out easy like that, especially since the victim didn't have a choice when they killed them. why should the inmate have a choice? fuck that.

its not just revenge. you mock it like it doesn't mea anything, the people they killed or murdered didnt have any choice. Im sure they didn't wan to die either. they sure as hell didn't get to choose how they died or if they could jut go to sleep or if they were tortured ad ha to suffer or had their face blown the fuck off or stabbed to death or whatever.

you know they don't usually give the death penalty even for 1st degree murder like 95% of the time.

even in states that have it, they don't just give it out blatently for murder cases, usually it has to be something particularly heinous or multiple victims etc....

you mock it saying it's just "revenge"

no it's not, the take it very seriously. Im sure victims family's wish they would give it out more easily at times.

I agree with you first point completely 100% but I also think it has it's real uses and it does serve a purpose, not just revenge. but a real purpose
    in the cases where they've been clearly clearly well proven beyond any doubt the person is guilty, they usually deserve to die.

Elder of Zyklon Prisoner Of Ice's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-27-2015 @ 05:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Neanderthal
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Trondelag
    Religion
    Blond Jesus
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,981
    Given: 24,682

1 Not allowed!

Death penalty by default, unless they prove their worth to live.
    Out Of Africa Theory is a lie.
    http://www.theapricity.com/forum/sho...88#post3431588
    And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    American (colonial)
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Wessex
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Nordic/Alpine mixture
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

you're fucking retarded

if someone did that to your family or someone you cared about you wouldn't see it that way. if you ever were the victims' family you wouldn't see it that way. they deserve that. I hope someone kills someone in your family just for you saying that, so you wouldn't be so fucking stupid and arrogant and mocking about it.

or you really are piece of shit.

Last Online
    06-15-2015 @ 03:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Nordeby
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 36

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Weedman View Post
    you're fucking retarded

if someone did that to your family or someone you cared about you wouldn't see it that way. if you ever were the victims' family you wouldn't see it that way. they deserve that. I hope someone kills someone in your family just for you saying that, so you wouldn't be so fucking stupid and arrogant and mocking about it.

or you really are piece of shit.
    Come here, tiger! Rawr!

Last Online
    06-05-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleohaimos
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R1b-CTS9219>BY611
    Politics
    Drenicak
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,544
    Given: 3,463

1 Not allowed!

Pro. If it was up to me, I would reinstate public hangings.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    American (colonial)
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Wessex
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Nordic/Alpine mixture
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Of Ice View Post
    Death penalty by default, unless they prove their worth to live.
    No. that still doesn't change the crime, or the fact the people/person they murdered are still dead

most murder cases don't end up having the death penalty on the table. In states that have it, they rarely give it.
    they usually only consider it for extremely cases or especially violent or heinous ones.

there's no proving anything to it.

it for what they've already done. there's o turning back on that. they cant take that back ever

I just love all the fucking retarded comments on here about how cruel it is etc. and all this bullshit. as if what they did to their victims wasn't 100 times more cruel usually.

they didn't give them the choice of life and death they didn't let them just be put to sleep and simply never work out. even when they get executed hey still have it better then than their victims or their family's ever will. they still have to go on living in hell knowing how their relative or kid or loved one etc.. was killed

this is fucking stupid. If anyone ever killed my family or someone I loved I would kill them without thinking twice about it.

hear all of the people on here about being against the death penalty and crap, who the fuck are you kidding, grow some fucking balls. so if someone murdered your family or whatever you wouldn't want them t die? if someone tried to seriously kill you but they didn't, you would want to kill them just for trying to kill you, of course you would. unless something is just wrong with you.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    American (colonial)
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Wessex
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Nordic/Alpine mixture
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Come here, tiger! Rawr!
    at least I was being serious about it.

you're just fucking around.

I've known someone who really did have a close relative murdered like that. Its not a fucking joke if it really was you or your family.
    Last edited by Weedman; 03-28-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread Information