Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberals More Likely to Block, Unfriend People on Social Networks Who Disagree with Them

Valkyrie Queen of Apricity CelticViking's Avatar
    Last Online
    01-20-2013 @ 09:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Blood Elf
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish, Icelandic, Scandinavian, Irish
    Taxonomy
    Hallstatt Keltic Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Post Liberals More Likely to Block, Unfriend People on Social Networks Who Disagree with Them

Not exactly shocking news for those exposed to them for years, but the respected Pew Research Center has determined that political liberals are far less tolerant of opposing views than regular Americans.

In a new study, the Pew Center for the Internet and American Life Project confirmed what most intelligent Americans had long sensed. That is, whenever they are challenged or confronted on the hollow falsity of their orthodoxy -- such as, say, uniting diverse Americans -- liberals tend to respond defensively with anger, even trying to shut off or silence critics. (i.e. photo above of President Obama reacting to Boston hecklers.)

The new research found that instead of engaging in civil discourse or debate, fully 16% of liberals admitted to blocking, unfriending or overtly hiding someone on a social networking site because that person expressed views they disagreed with. That's double the percentage of conservatives and more than twice the percentage of political moderates who behaved like that.

The proportion jumps even higher when someone on a social site disagrees with a liberal's post.

Only 1% of moderates would block or shut out someone who dared to disagree with them, compared to 11% of liberals, whose rate was nearly three times that of conservatives.

The same 11% of liberals would block or unfriend people who offended them by daring to argue about political issues, vs 6% and 7% for other political views.

Liberals (14%) even blocked or shut out those they deemed posted too frequently on politics, vs 8% and 9% for moderates and conservatives, respectively.

Of those who dropped or shunned someone over political disagreements, Pew asked a follow-up question:

-- 21% of them blocked, unfriended or hid a coworker,

-- 31% blocked, unfriended or hid a (formerly) close personal friend,

-- and 18% blocked, unfriended or hid an actual family member.

Bottomline, this study is obviously racist.

http://news.investors.com/article/60...ine-habits.htm

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-11-2013 @ 01:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 132

0 Not allowed!

Well......isn't that interesting...

Magnificent bastard Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-08-2014 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, French, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Ubermensch
    Ancestry
    Germany Austria France Croatia
    Country
    Croatia
    Taxonomy
    Mixed
    Politics
    Freedom.......
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
    I found this true in real life. They muzzle every one who has a contrary position.
    Fortune favors the bold.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
    Buddha

Send me $ and I'll place an ad of your choice here 2Cool's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-23-2013 @ 09:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanticized Celtic-Germanic-Aryan master race
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

I can see why this is the case. Conservatives tend to have beliefs that are more, how can I say this, uneducated? They are usually more religious and have such beliefs: anti-abortion, pro-war, pro-creationism, anti gay marriage, anti sex education, pro-capital punishment, etc.

Think of the tea partiers which are pretty extreme. I guess Liberals just don't feel like putting up with their crap. But if you are discussing politics on facebook you are doing it wrong.
    Fernando Pessoa
    "O mar com fim será grego ou romano: O mar sem fim é português."

Last Online
    12-06-2013 @ 11:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pale Face
    Ethnicity
    Pale Ass
    Ancestry
    The southern united states.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    White Booty
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cool View Post
    I can see why this is the case. Conservatives tend to have beliefs that are more, how can I say this, uneducated? They are usually more religious and have such beliefs: anti-abortion, pro-war, pro-creationism, anti gay marriage, anti sex education, pro-capital punishment, etc.

Think of the tea partiers which are pretty extreme. I guess Liberals just don't feel like putting up with their crap. But if you are discussing politics on facebook you are doing it wrong.
    Or liberals are elitist snobs.

It must be stressful being a libfag and knowing that your closest "friends" are always about five wrong words away from being lifelong enemies who won't hesitate to cancel your pizza if given half an opportunity.

Send me $ and I'll place an ad of your choice here 2Cool's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-23-2013 @ 09:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romanticized Celtic-Germanic-Aryan master race
    Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    Or liberals are elitist snobs.

It must be stressful being a libfag and knowing that your closest "friends" are always about five wrong words away from being lifelong enemies who won't hesitate to cancel your pizza if given half an opportunity.
    If I had some dude on my Facebook claiming that Obama is a Muslim and the anti-Christ and is trying to destroy the US or that Hitler was awesome or that black people are scum then I wouldn't want anything to do with that person. That's just common sense. But I don't add idiots on my facebook account so it's all good.
    Fernando Pessoa
    "O mar com fim será grego ou romano: O mar sem fim é português."

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2015 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Netherlands
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    whatever
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66

0 Not allowed!

If they're unwilling to be friends with people who have different opinions, then they aren't really liberal now, are they? I don't know why conservatives call Democrats "liberals" when in fact they're nothing but a bunch of intolerant and closed minded fascists. The Republicans that I know are more tolerant and liberal than these so called "liberal" Democrats.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-24-2015 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Netherlands
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    whatever
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Cool View Post

Opposing abortion is uneducated? I have met plenty of pro-abortion people that are very ignorant. I've heard them say things like getting an abortion is like clipping your finger nails, it's just dead tissue.

Up until W Bush, conservatives were actually more anti-war than Democrats. Every major war before 1990 was started by a Democrat President. Truman got America into the Korean conflict, and Eisenhower got us out of it. LBJ got into Vietnam, Nixon brought the troops home, and Wilson promised to stay out of WW1. So much for Democrat promises. And lets not forget FDR. Democrats campaign like doves, but govern like warmongers. Obama is no different.

As Ron Paul has reminded GOP voters, the Republican party historically was the party opposed to war and foreign intervention. It wasn't until the Jewish Neocons(who had their origins in the Democratic party) hijacked the Republican party that it became pro-war.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-30-2014 @ 12:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Doggerlander
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    U5b2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,164

0 Not allowed!

Liberals have always been pretentious and elitist. Sure, their core ideology might be idealistic and nonsensical and encapsulate the lowest common denominator as though a welfare mother of 9 children addicted to crack is just a product of her environment and she deserves to be your neighbor, but they'd never want to live next to them themselves. They're just a bunch of pseudo-yuppies living off the high hog on mommy and daddy's trust/scholarship fund, or working at IBM living a pretend bourgeois hipster lifestyle in the Mission District in San Francisco trying to hit on 21 year old girls at the bar. "Expressing themselves".

Such contrived banal worthless breath of life "individuals". They're such idiots it's unbelievable but all they care about is their own individuality and self preservation and hedonistic pleasures, all while trying to spin some bullshit yarn that they actually care about the disadvantaged (OR THE WORLD) and want to integrate and better society. They're just the worst blowhard shits imaginable.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-16-2013 @ 08:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic?
    Ethnicity
    British
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Germany,France.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Norfolk Island
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid with maybe a bit of Brunn(for extra robustness)
    Politics
    blah
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

0 Not allowed!

I'm Liberal. I think people should be able to do what they want. I don't want to give away my country. Why am I being forced to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information