Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Classify George Zimmerman (Florida shooter)

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-03-2020 @ 06:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Icelandic
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    Tronder, KN, NW
    Politics
    N/A
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 688
    Given: 44

0 Not allowed!

He's the hero Florida deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A neighbourhood watchman.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordid View Post
    Look French or Spaniard, Atlantic specimen.
    French or spaniard?? a black?

Last Online
    10-26-2023 @ 12:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo and Ashkenazi
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 17

0 Not allowed!

LMAO. I remember him. He's likely Tri-racial in ancestry but looks Mestizo to me. I remembered people saying he was "white" or a "white Latino". Is it because of the German surname he got from his German American father? The dude's only half Latino but people seem to completely ignore/forget his other ancestry. I also don't see why he looks "white", he has obvious Native/Mestizo features.

Aside from the socially constructed nature of "race", USA's definition of "race" is designed to make sure that the "white" numbers are kept up the maximum. USA will gladly consider Latinos of European ancestry to be "white" and Latinos of African ancestry to be "black", but they don't consider the Mestizo/Native Latinos to be "Native American" and there is no specific option for them. That's why USA claims there are "only" 3-5 million Americans of partial or full Native American ancestry. Because they exclude the majority of Latino Americans, who are usually of Mestizo and or predominant Native background. Because of that, I have seen Mestizo/Native looking Latinos being identified as being "white" because they don't have their own specific option in the Census and if they have light skin, then well....

I'm also not really shocked at all the ignorance surrounding this guys "race". USA's the same country that says that "Asian" is a "race" and that only Orientals are "Asian" when they're not a "race" but a continent/region. A blonde hair, blue eyed Jew from Israel is Asian, but I have seen people who will write articles and debate with you on why you're "wrong". Furthermore, the census also says that Americans with North African and West Asian ancestry aren't African and or Asian, but rather "white". This was done to help keep the "white" population up. Socially though, being of European ancestry is what people consider to be "white" and the people from latter two areas are "brown"/"other", with the census getting "extra" options a few years back.

I think he's only considered "white" because he shot a black/African American. Because "only" white people do that. If he had a different surname instead of the one he got from his German American father, I'm sure people would say he wasn't "white" or that he was "mixed".
    Last edited by Skye; 07-19-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information