Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobless young people could be forced to live with their parents and denied housing benefit to cut we

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

For most young people, it's common sense to stay at home until you can afford to buy or rent a place of your own.
    But thousands of unemployed youngsters are claiming housing benefit through a loophole the Government is hoping to slam shut.
    Well, yeah. I know of chavs who pretty much knew what they were doing - baby at 16, left school, council flat at 18...

Downing Street wants to force unemployed people under 25 to move back in with their parents while they look for work.
    That'll go down like a lead balloon.

The initiative, still at a very early stage, is part of David Cameron's plan to ensure people are better off working than on benefits.
    Work has to pay better than benefits or we'll be stuck in this situation forever.

The move is likely to be popular among voters, but some fear the Government could struggle to pass legislation.
    Labour will never allow it.

David Cameron will outline plans to further slash Britain's welfare bill at a key speech in Wales
    Hahaha, the irony.

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Looks pretty good on the outside, to be honest.

Better than our project houses.
    It's a block on a busy main road, but it's amazing and very historical and architecturally important! Jane Austen, the 19th C writer, stayed in my block and complained about traffic noise. It's not a prime location, but it has a great view up the Avon Valley at the back and my neighbours are lovely too.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    That's not a council scheme. Fortis is a sponging lucky bastard
    No, but it was part of the Council's property portfolio, now owned by a housing association. Yes, I do sponge, massively, and I was very very lucky, but this is the first assured tenancy I have EVER EVEN HAD, and I want to get my income up to the right level and 'right to buy' the fucker, so the system has finally worked for me.

It has been really hard for me being disabled and stuck with private rents for all those years, never knowing when I might be evicted!!!

I suppose the devil looks after his own...

Lettuce, Gruyere, Bacon and Tomato Pride, WorldWide!!

Last Online
    10-04-2012 @ 12:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/Norse
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia and Ireland
    Country
    Scotland
    Region
    Scotland
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

It's easy for people who are employed to say "it's not that difficult to find a job". Actually, it is. Especially if you don't have any experience in a specific field.
    I'm in a job right now, and I despise it. It took me two years to find that job, and I feel it's going to take another two years for me to find another job, because there just aren't enough jobs in the city where I live.

I don't think it's very fair to assume that all young unemployed people are mooching off the system. Not all young people are able to work. I have a friend who suffers from chronic blackouts. He is not allowed to work.
    Another of my friends is suffering from severe depression caused by bereavement (sp?). He's still unfit to work.
    Also, employers are too damn picky. If you don't fit certain criteria, well, you can forget it.
    "Beidh mé tú a leagan síos i measc an féar agus tú grá is breá an ghealach na réaltaí" - A dear friend

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,706
    Given: 5,850

0 Not allowed!

They are picky. I mean some companies don't employ the overskilled. You have to dumb down the CV.

Dundee is quite bad for jobs the now. It'll get better with the new waterfont being developed. I heard that Malmaison bought that Tay Hotel, which was lying empty. So that's good news.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Dun...e-tourism.html

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/Norse
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia and Ireland
    Country
    Scotland
    Region
    Scotland
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I want a job as a waitress or in a bar or something. Or even a barista. But no. You need experience to do all that. Meh. Where the Hell am I supposed to get experience if no one will give me experience.
    "Beidh mé tú a leagan síos i measc an féar agus tú grá is breá an ghealach na réaltaí" - A dear friend

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Both my adult sons rent private accommodation, my eldest son is looking to part rent part buy a property from a housing association.
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,706
    Given: 5,850

0 Not allowed!

My cousin got offered a job at Gleneagles as a Waitress, but turned it down. She's as qualified as you are. Sometime's you just need a bit of luck.

I left school at 16 with no Credits at Standard Grade(skived too often). So you're probably more qualified than I am. Managed to get a job in JJB, the Cinema and Factory. I hate them! Cinema was cool at times. Apart from the annoying customers grrr.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic/Norse
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scandinavia and Ireland
    Country
    Scotland
    Region
    Scotland
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

My cousin got offered a job at Gleneagles as a Waitress, but turned it down. She's as qualified as you are. Sometime's you just need a bit of luck.

I left school at 16 with no Credits at Standard Grade. So you're probably more qualified than I am. Managed to get a job in JJB, the Cinema and Factory. I hate them! Cinema was cool at times. Apart from the annoying customers grrr.

I have no qualifications either, so, we're about as qualified as each other But you're working in a nicer place. I'm working in a supermarket.

Don't phone me after 10 pm Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Politics
    UKIP
    Hero
    Ironman
    Religion
    Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    Also, employers are too damn picky. If you don't fit certain criteria, well, you can forget it.

My youngest son for his first ever interview borrowed a suit jacket, trousers white shirt and tie off me, i drove him to it and waited in the car reading a newspaper in the hot sun, no sooner than i had finished a paragraph he opened the car door and sat in the seat "well" i asked? "how did it go?"
    he replied "i've got the apprenticeship" i asked "how do you know?" my son told me he was the smartest young man to walk through his door all afternoon taking interviews, and offered him the job on the spot.
    I cannot ever recall anyone getting a job with their first interview...can you??
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-05-2014 @ 02:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 3,160

0 Not allowed!

They are picky. I mean some companies don't employ the overskilled. You have to dumb down the CV.
    That's what I encountered too. What was the point of me even going to college?

As some yanks were discussing on the internet before though, we don't need loads of lawyers and bankers, we need people doing real jobs. That is non-service jobs, real work such as manufacturing or farming, but sadly there's not a lot of that around in the west these days.

Farming is perhaps the easiest work to get but the hardest and the worst paid. Most farmers expect to pay you cash in hand, no national insurance contributions, no minimum wage. Just keep your mouth shut and do the work.
    Just try getting a mortgage, insuring a car or paying bills with a unsecured job where you have no contract, can be earning varying amounts and have no proof of income, not even a dole book.
    You'd have to declare yourself self-employed, but even then it isn't easy since there's no holiday pay and if you can't get work then there's no money neither. Financial companies also avoid the self-employed like the plague too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information