Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,071
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
    Obviously you cant back up your own claims, get lost.
    Same goes for you. Be respectful please. I've been extra hard on you before so this time I'm being generous, but please be polite.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    scumbag
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a
    Taxonomy
    North atlantid
    Hero
    Satan
    Religion
    without sin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,737
    Given: 8,694

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Clementina View Post
    Same goes for you. Be respectful please. I've been extra hard on you before so this time I'm being generous, but please be polite.
    For saying get lost to him? alb0zincest sends me insults such as "Grow up idiot" for which you cannot see, m'lady.

@mercury, why thank her post?

Last Online
    04-06-2022 @ 04:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,989
    Given: 3,806

0 Not allowed!

For saying get lost to him? alb0zincest sends me insults such as "Grow up idiot" for which you cannot see, m'lady.

@mercury, why thank her post??
    I can't believe im getting involved in this as well but
    -Guapo: swarthy
    -Albozfinest: hahahaha of course
    -Guapo: haha yeah, swarthy gypo
    -Alb0zfinest: Grow up idiot
    and this can be checked by any mod/admin

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Obviously you cant back up your own claims, get lost.
    Im not the one claiming Albanians don't have illyrian origins, but Serbians have illyrian origins
    But just to support my points
    The national name Albania is derived from Albanoi,[45][46][47] an Illyrian tribe mentioned by Ptolemy about 150 A.D.
    From what we know from the old Balkan populations territories (Greeks, Illyrians, Thracians, Dacians), Albanian language is spoken in the same region where Illyrian was spoken in ancient times.[48]
    -There is no evidence of any major migration into Albanian territory since the records of Illyrian occupation.[49]
    -Many of what remain as attested words to Illyrian have an Albanian explanation and also a number of Illyrian lexical items (toponyms, hydronyms, oronyms, anthroponyms, etc.) have been linked to Albanian.[50]
    Borrowed words (e.g. Gk (NW) "device, instrument" mākhanį > *mokėr "millstone" Gk (NW) drįpanon > *drapėr "sickle" etc.) from Greek language date back before the Christian era[49] and are mostly of Doric dialect of Greek language,[51] which means that the ancestors of the Albanians were in Northwestern part of Ancient Greek civilization and probably borrowed them from Greek cities (Dyrrachium, Apollonia, etc.) in the Illyrian territory, colonies which belonged to the Doric division of Greek, or from the contacts in Epirus area.
    Borrowed words from Latin (e.g. Latin aurum > ar "gold", gaudium > gaz "joy" etc.[52]) date back before the Christian era,[53][44] while Illyrians in the today's Albanian territory were the first from the old Balkan populations to be conquered by Romans in 229 - 167 B.C., Thracians were conquered in 45 A.D. and Dacians in 106 A.D.
    -The ancient Illyrian place-names of the region have achieved their current form following Albanian phonetic rules e.g. Durrachion > Durrės (with the Albanian initial accent) Aulona > Vlonė~Vlorė (with rhotacism) Scodra > Shkodra etc.[44][49][51][54]
    - The characteristics of the Albanian dialects Tosk and Geg[55] in the treatment of the native and loanwords from other languages, have led to the conclusion that the dialectal split preceded the Slavic migration to the Balkans[56][57] which means that in that period (5th to 6th century AD) Albanians were occupying pretty much the same area around Shkumbin river[58] which straddled the Jirecek line.[44][59]

Tabula Rasa
    Last Online
    05-31-2015 @ 03:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

alb0zfinest@: You have several answers that are already in this thread.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Virginia
    Politics
    Anarchism
    Hero
    Kropotkin
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OrthodoxUnity View Post

This is where you name comes from, and your people.

Albanians were brought to Europe to fight for Byzantines, they even adopted Byzantine war flag as their national flag.
    Yes of course an untrustworthy map really convinces anything. Again if you have some cind of source disproving my point (not untrustworthy maps) then feel free, so till you actually disprove them ill post them again
    The national name Albania is derived from Albanoi,[45][46][47] an Illyrian tribe mentioned by Ptolemy about 150 A.D.
    From what we know from the old Balkan populations territories (Greeks, Illyrians, Thracians, Dacians), Albanian language is spoken in the same region where Illyrian was spoken in ancient times.[48]
    There is no evidence of any major migration into Albanian territory since the records of Illyrian occupation.[49]
    Many of what remain as attested words to Illyrian have an Albanian explanation and also a number of Illyrian lexical items (toponyms, hydronyms, oronyms, anthroponyms, etc.) have been linked to Albanian.[50]
    Borrowed words (e.g. Gk (NW) "device, instrument" mākhanį > *mokėr "millstone" Gk (NW) drįpanon > *drapėr "sickle" etc.) from Greek language date back before the Christian era[49] and are mostly of Doric dialect of Greek language,[51] which means that the ancestors of the Albanians were in Northwestern part of Ancient Greek civilization and probably borrowed them from Greek cities (Dyrrachium, Apollonia, etc.) in the Illyrian territory, colonies which belonged to the Doric division of Greek, or from the contacts in Epirus area.
    Borrowed words from Latin (e.g. Latin aurum > ar "gold", gaudium > gaz "joy" etc.[52]) date back before the Christian era,[53][44] while Illyrians in the today's Albanian territory were the first from the old Balkan populations to be conquered by Romans in 229 - 167 B.C., Thracians were conquered in 45 A.D. and Dacians in 106 A.D.
    The ancient Illyrian place-names of the region have achieved their current form following Albanian phonetic rules e.g. Durrachion > Durrės (with the Albanian initial accent) Aulona > Vlonė~Vlorė (with rhotacism) Scodra > Shkodra etc.[44][49][51][54]
    The characteristics of the Albanian dialects Tosk and Geg[55] in the treatment of the native and loanwords from other languages, have led to the conclusion that the dialectal split preceded the Slavic migration to the Balkans[56][57] which means that in that period (5th to 6th century AD) Albanians were occupying pretty much the same area around Shkumbin river[58] which straddled the Jirecek line.[44][59]

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    scumbag
    Country
    England
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a
    Taxonomy
    North atlantid
    Hero
    Satan
    Religion
    without sin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,737
    Given: 8,694

0 Not allowed!

Stories about 'Albani' in central Albania were created by Albanian pseudo-Historians.They have suceeded to put these 'Albani' in their maps of Illyrian tribes,yet we could not see any 'Albani' or 'Albanoi' on older maps of Illyrian tribes,just Taulanti.

illirian:KLOHIZISTHOTORIAMARTAPIDOVASTEIBASTA VEINANARANINDARANTOAVASTI

shqiptar:Ashtu thuhet aleksander, te jesh pasardhes. Ti nuk je baba yt, ti je pasardhesi i tij!

the Illyrian coast is not a likely source since Albanian has no inherited nautical or indigenous sea-faring terminology, and has instead supplemented this absence with subsequent borrowing from Latin or Greek or recent metaphorical lexical creations.

Last Online
    01-30-2013 @ 05:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indepted Mofo
    Ethnicity
    Orc
    Ancestry
    Lobsterian
    Taxonomy
    Uruk-Hai
    Politics
    Bob Squarepants 2013
    Religion
    Dagon, The Great Fisherman
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I think that the Illyrians got massively slaughtered and assimilated by the Romans during the counteroffence through the Balkans and Greece. The remnants of these people (who stayed isolated in mountainous areas by the Adriatic coast, mixed with the incoming peoples, possibly Croats initially. Few of them to this day are of Tosk descent.

Last Online
    09-02-2022 @ 07:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Albania R1b
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Albanians
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    R-PH544
    mtDNA
    J1C
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,527
    Given: 905

0 Not allowed!

"Shqiptar i vėrtetė e i mirė ėshtė ay qė vė gjithėnjė e kurėdo kombėrinė pėrpara fesė, nuk ka vėllezėr ata qė ka nė besėn e tij, por ata qė ka nė kombėri tė tij.” – Sami Frashėri"
    "A true and good Albanian is the one who always and everywhere puts the nation before the religion, there are no brothers who are in his faith, but those who are in his nation." - Sami Frashėri "

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic-Slavic-Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Serbian/Austrian minor Italian/Irish/Danish
    Ancestry
    ANF/Yamnaya/Steppe
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Taxonomy
    Noric
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

There are tons of non Serbian historians that referred to Serbians as Illyrians and even Triballi. Also why do you have Vinča people in your picture, they aren’t Albanian. I2a was present in both Vinča and Lepenski Vir if anything they are Serbian

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread Information