Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jerney View Post
    Same difference
    Saying Albanian, Bulgarian or German gypsie is different than saying gypsies from Albania, Greece ,Bulgaria or Germany.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-14-2020 @ 12:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    Al
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,263
    Given: 1,460

0 Not allowed!

If Albanians were all as the first ones that came , the ''first wave'', yes, I would feel lucky, because all of these are hardworking, respectable, and easy to integrate people.
    But unfortunately, not all of them are like this.
    My ''favorite'' immigrants are Phillipino.
    You have to understand the context of the time. Albania at the time just came out of communism and the people went through a rough transition. Even Albanians from Kosova and Macedonia were shocked when they first entered Albania, there were many reports of being robbed and so forth. We even considered it a dangerous place. Today the story is quite different so I don't think you have to worry as much about the "first wave."

I m nost sure about the numbers, but mostly are for stealing,drugs, trafficing and murders, so this part is correct.
    Do you have statistics breaking down crimes by ethnicity?

So, that means that 0.049% of the Greek population is in jail and 0.36% of the immigrant population is in jail, which makes the criminality of immigrants, 7 times more than the local one.

So, we are on that, that immigrants are incarcerated at a higher rate than Greeks.
    I know and I alluded to this fact in my other post.

But if 2-3k Albanians are incarcerated out of 500,000-1,000,000 then I think it speaks to the point that a small % of Albanians are criminals. The fact that Greece has one of the lowest crime rates in EU and has a large amount of Albanian immigrants further this points IMO.

I dare to say that you can't compare it, but I want your opinion on that as well.
    There is a significant amount of inmates, that are in jail for being illegal, so they are kept there to be deported.
    If this is ''crime'' , then yes, Albanians have a lower rate than the other immigrants, but if its not, then not.
    I'm not sure if these incarceration include deportees (you would know better) but if this is the case, that means the Albanian figure for incarceration, and that of other foreign persons, are inflated because they are not crime related per se. If we were to assume that deportees are counted in the incarceration figure, then we can assume Greek prisoners would be incarcerated for crime related activities only. Thus, it would change the context of these prisoners from the perspective of foreign vs. native born in terms of crime.

i'ma educated foo w/money on my mind Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rron View Post
    Saying Albanian, Bulgarian or German gypsie is different than saying gypsies from Albania, Greece ,Bulgaria or Germany.
    Not really, it's just semantics

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Greek with a whiff of Bulgarian
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Freedom with responsibitities.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,566
    Given: 4,506

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nird View Post
    You should feel lucky. Albanians share a similar culture with Greeks and are much easier to integrate into Greek society. Good luck dealing with the Middle Easterners and African immigrants…..

I found this though I'm not sure how accurate it is:

http://noa.al/en/artikull.php?id=169244

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/20741/46/ - I hate using this website lol

So according to this (and I’m not sure how reliable it is) there are 2,224 Albanians in Greek jails, thus, Albanians make up 18% of the total inmates and 30% of the foreign inmates. If we assume there are 500,000 to 1 million Albanians in Greece (4%-9% of the population) and if Albanian are 60% of the foreign population, then it isn't as high as some Greeks make it out to be. Albanians are incarcerated at a higher rate than Greeks but on a lower rate than immigrants on a whole.
    In general:

The problem with the most immigrants is not their crime rate but the intensity of their crimes. Shoplifting is not as serious as murder, and our problem is that the immigrants commit more murders, rapes e.t.c. than the average Greek.

The Albanians are certainly better than many other immigrants, certainly not as good as the Pinoys (and many others from that region like the Indonesians, I have worked with a wide range of different people) but not as bad as many Asians and Africans. Generally speaking they shall NOT be a problem in the long term because they have proven to be not just intergated but assimilated since a long time ago. One could even argue that the original truly Greek people (R1b) were invaders from what is now Albania...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information