Armenia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,081
    Given: 562

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by klarji View Post
    Did you praise our food did not you? So I have to praise something Armenian. Okey. As I know your old literature is richer and more wealthy then Georgian.

So I did it. I did it. I recognized it. But I hope Georgians will not read this post. They will be very fierce Georgians then.
    Ok we make deal. Your food is better than ours, but our literature is richer than yours hehe

There has always been friendly rivalry between our people like siblings haha

another topic we always argue about is who has best wine

Last Online
    07-02-2018 @ 01:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Armenia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

When I think about Armenian-Georgian relations, I think of this photo:

Last Online
    10-25-2021 @ 02:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lazo-Kartvelic
    Ethnicity
    Meskhian
    Ancestry
    Samtskhe-Saatabago
    Country
    Georgia
    Religion
    Paganism mixed with Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 118

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Musso View Post
    Ok we make deal. Your food is better than ours, but our literature is richer than yours hehe
    Literature is more intellectual and worth then food my clever Armenian friend but I don't carry about literature as we Northern Georgians could not read and write till 19th century. Let Southern Georgian bark about their literature and about it was very beautiful and the most beautiful in the world especially compared with Armenian. I will watch you from the Northern side.

I told it secretly that old Armenian literature is richer then Georgian. And that our historians of course know this fact but Georgian Internet warriors don't recognize and will never recognize. Because Often they don't know about it. They are not told about it in school. And other reason Georgian never recogniz anything. He is always right and always best.

There has always been friendly rivalry between our people like siblings

We have of course, you have better cognac.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Armenia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Literature is more intellectual and worth then food my clever Armenian friend but I don't carry about literature as we Northern Georgians could not read and write till 19th century. Let Southern Georgian bark about their literature and about it was very beautiful and the most beautiful in the world especially compared with Armenian. I will watch you from the Northern side.

I told it secretly that old Armenian literature is richer then Georgian. And that our historians of course know this fact but Georgian Internet warriors don't recognize and will never recognize. Because Often they don't know about it. They are not told about it in school. And other reason Georgian never recogniz anything. He is always right and always best.

We have of course, you have better cognac.
    Ah I see,,,Armenian music and literature is rich, but I don't deny Georgians also have very rich literature and music I think one issue we always fight about is that Mesrop Mashtoc created Georgian letters, but Georgians usually deny this.

Yes Armenian cognac is the best but you know oldest winemaking area is located in Armenia

but why you have Turkish flag? you live in Turkey?

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

... PS I don't know which Georgian tribes are so obsessed with Armenians but we Northerns don't carry about Armenians in general...lol
    There are issues, disputes or disagreements, between Armenians and Georgians, but not enough to destabilize the foundation of goodwill.

At the moment, 3 issues about Georgians come to mind: (1) Persecution, repression and abusive treatment against Armenians in Javakheti, Georgia. (2) Neglect or outright confiscation of Armenian Churches in Georgia. (3) Hostile interactions between Georgians and Armenians, on the Internet.

It's the 3rd point, which probably gave rise to this Thread started by a Georgian Member, and the previous Thread started by an Armenian Member.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Musso View Post

There has always been friendly rivalry between our people like siblings haha

Sorry, not me! I'm not going to sell my Armenian Grandmother's Cuisine down the River, for a Bargain, or to Make a Deal.

I have sacred memories about standing or sitting in the kitchen, when I watched my grandmother cook. She used to bake Armenian Lavash Bread, in the kitchen oven, and talk to me about how she was doing it. She used to say that I'd never go hungry, because I always magically showed up when the food was cooked and ready. Anyway, I'm sure that Georgian Cuisine is just awesome.
    Last edited by Armenian Bishop; 02-05-2015 at 09:24 PM. Reason: I corrected a typo error -- I meant "sacred" not "scared"

Last Online
    10-25-2021 @ 02:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Lazo-Kartvelic
    Ethnicity
    Meskhian
    Ancestry
    Samtskhe-Saatabago
    Country
    Georgia
    Religion
    Paganism mixed with Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 118

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    There are issues, disputes or disagreements, between Armenians and Georgians, but not enough to destabilize the foundation of goodwill.

At the moment, 3 issues about Georgians come to mind: (1) Persecution, repression and abusive treatment against Armenians in Javakheti, Georgia.
    and what we are doing with Armenians in Javakheti can you tell me?

here I will write that your propagandists have to leave Samtskhe-Javakheti in peace. This region is the motherland of the Meskhi people and not part of great Armenia. Because of their sad history, Meskhs are in great minority there. But it does not mean its Armenian Land.

(2) Neglect or outright confiscation of Armenian Churches in Georgia.
    Okey, but our side says there are some Georgian churches in Armenia that Armenians dont want to give them to us. And we are waiting when you give them to return your churches then.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Armenia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    Sorry, not me! I'm not going to sell my Armenian Grandmother's Cuisine down the River, for a Bargain, or to Make a Deal.

I have scared memories about standing or sitting in the kitchen, when I watched my grandmother cook. She used to bake Armenian Lavash Bread, in the kitchen oven, and talk to me about how she was doing it. She used to say that I'd never go hungry, because I always magically showed up when the food was cooked and ready. Anyway, I'm sure that Georgian Cuisine is just awesome.
    I never said our cuisine is bad, just that we are not that known for our cuisine. We are much more known for our arts, music, and literature than cuisine. Even our drinks (cognac and wine) is more famous. In Yerevan, you will find many Georgian, Greek, Fast Food places,,,but it's rare to find Armenian places to eat. I still love our food of course, but I just think we are not well known for it in the world.

The best meal: tan + armenian summer salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, oil) + armenian pork barbecue with greens and onions

Last Online
    05-02-2017 @ 11:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Northern European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 15

1 Not allowed!

Jealousy. Friendly rivalry.

Last Online
    05-22-2023 @ 01:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Secular Liberal, Progressive Leftist
    Hero
    Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Robert Spencer, Bernie Sanders, Atheism-is-Unstoppable
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 756

1 Not allowed!

I personally like Georgians. They have a fascinating language, interesting dances, wonderful food, and overall a great culture.

Why can't Armenians and Georgians not get along? We are two ancient Christian countries surrounded by Muhammadan enemies from all sides.
    Last edited by Petros Agapetos; 01-07-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information