Alco-liberalism
    Religion
    Slam-ism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWingedHussar View Post
    If anything such as the above does happen, it's because the people haven't shown enough opposition to it.
    Of course they haven't. It is entirely possible to remain oblivious of the very existence of critical voices while following the mainstream newspapers.

Of course, I don't believe there'll anything to oppose, because I don't believe everything is part of a conspiracy to bring about a new world order.
    What conspiracy to bring what new world order? I spoke about political elites seizing the opportunity to increase their power over society. The trend has been clear in Europe and the USA since somebody decided to blow up some skyscrapers. For this issue, it is completely irrelevant if the 9/11 was an inside job or not, if the financial crisis was initiated on purpose or not, or if man-made global warming is a hoax invented by a reptilian Jew or not. It is even irrelevant if the politicians pursuing the societal changes are just short-thinking fools or benevolent, tree-hugging hippies - the bottom line is that our societies are being damaged.

Well Europe better figure something out, because hydrocarbons don't last forever! And before they eventually do run out, the man in Moscow will turn off the taps to Europe to make sure he's got a nice stockpile to sit on himself.

Europe doesn't need to be plunged into the dark ages. That's part of the reason why we have nuclear fission and why nuclear fusion is being pursued. We are researching further into cleaner fuels, such as hydrogen cells and high capacity/volume batteries. Renewable energy sources too. The very fact that you chose to ignore all of this, when you clearly must have been exposed to it, shows me that you're nothing but a skeptic who is either trying to fear monger, or has believed the words of fear mongerers.
    I agree that eventually we need to drop carbon-based energy production altogether. But those are not short-term solutions. Nuclear power is the only serious one, but that's almost universally frowned upon by the green movement.

-because there are people like you who always seem to know better, even though they don't have a doctorate in paleoclimatology.
    I should rather be calling you a scaremonger, an alarmist and a know-better. Because what I have done is simply cleared my table after I realized how much political ambition and big money is involved in the science. And so far, no-one has been able to convince me. You can start, by for example posting some evidence that our current climate change is primarily caused by human action, while temperatures have been running up and down during centuries, and being higher than now in the medieval warm period (with no biblical disasters observed). Let's leave the sunspot activity for now..

Last Online
    05-20-2012 @ 11:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hillbilly
    Ethnicity
    Tavastian
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Alabama
    Politics
    Alco-liberalism
    Religion
    Slam-ism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's my take on it everyone. Feel free to rant about political manipulation, make wild assumptions and turn a blind eye to what's been laid before you.
    What's been laid before us? A proposition of buying a book?

Last Online
    05-20-2012 @ 11:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hillbilly
    Ethnicity
    Tavastian
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Alabama
    Politics
    Alco-liberalism
    Religion
    Slam-ism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Birka View Post
    Oxford is a known bastion on liberal thought. The scientists at Oxford publish this pablum for the simple reason of research funding. The funding capital these days is in publishing about global warming, so that is what they publish. Follow the money.
    It never ceases to amaze me how everybody is always extremely picky about someone or some group that is getting funding from a private business - and being completely indifferent about someone getting public funding.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-25-2010 @ 06:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Sorry Brännvin, but continuing the discussion further would just lead to more running in circles.
    Really?

The current debate is not as to whether or not global warming is happening, but what the cause is.
    Oh boy! But also there is no consensus that the global warming is really happens Never heard of another theory like global cooling.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information