Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2010 @ 05:56 PM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga's Spindle View Post
    Are you talking about soft nose bullets? I'm assuming you are. I would just get hollow points if you want expansion. Soft nose are good for deeper penetration with delayed expansion if I'm remembering correctly from the BF talking about ballistics!
    Still that doesn't answer my question...

Last Online
    05-18-2010 @ 12:18 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    German, Irish, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

In the case of a 9mm luger (parabellum) sjsp 124 bullet. you will get a four leaf effect when your bullet expands, like you said it splits (or begins to). The splitting happens on contact with target no sooner just like hollow points don't mushroom untill they hit resistance from like a fluid or solid. The splitting effect should correlate to A) the velocity and B) the resistance the bullet faces and C) how deep your X is. so if you hit a large bone with your bullet it will be much more likely to break up. there is also no guarantee that the bullet does not simply mushroom on impact. and there should be no danger to your bore if you use sjsp, or lswchp bullets the latter would be better imho and it defiantly cooler (if they even exist for 9mm). if you use a fmj you could cause jacket separation and foul your bore with copper crap or worst case scenario, risk barrel obstruction but again imho the likely hood of that is very low. If you test these let me know, if I do i'll post. I've talked to some guys who will attest to the fact that it does work on china men when used on a 30 caliber carbine round (korean war).

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2010 @ 05:56 PM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    In the case of a 9mm luger (parabellum) sjsp 124 bullet. you will get a four leaf effect when your bullet expands, like you said it splits (or begins to). The splitting happens on contact with target no sooner just like hollow points don't mushroom untill they hit resistance from like a fluid or solid. The splitting effect should correlate to A) the velocity and B) the resistance the bullet faces and C) how deep your X is. so if you hit a large bone with your bullet it will be much more likely to break up. there is also no guarantee that the bullet does not simply mushroom on impact. and there should be no danger to your bore if you use sjsp, or lswchp bullets the latter would be better imho and it defiantly cooler (if they even exist for 9mm). if you use a fmj you could cause jacket separation and foul your bore with copper crap or worst case scenario, risk barrel obstruction but again imho the likely hood of that is very low. If you test these let me know, if I do i'll post. I've talked to some guys who will attest to the fact that it does work on china men when used on a 30 caliber carbine round (korean war).
    Now this is a answer to my question... Thanks man...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information