Tronder, KN, NW
    Politics
    N/A
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 688
    Given: 44

0 Not allowed!

Default Self-defence stories

This thread is inspired by the weapons debate thread. I'm interested in hearing from fellow members who've had to fend off a hostile individual/group and what(if any) impression it left you with.

On official record my homeland is famously known for it's low rate of violence and peaceful, almost serene socio-environment. However, there is a time when the dark figure of crime will greatly defile that reputation, so much so that some embassies will warn travellers. I'm of course talking about the downtown during Friday and Saturday nights, when drinking and fighting becomes the preferred pastime. Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit, however it still can be unsafe, I've witnessed many seemingly random altercations, and I can't think of many who haven't been a victim to some degree.

Apart from a few vague threats received from random "tough" guys, the only serious encounter I've had is the following: When I and two friends of mine were heading home after a night of clubbing through a street with a shattered after-party crowd. Out of nowhere two dubious men approached us while making threatening hand gestures and accused us of having "laughed at his cousin", we calmly explained that we had been exchanging banter and jokes between ourselves which they must've misunderstood. The two chavs promptly rejected the explanation and told us to prepare for a fight, my two timid friends quickly ran away. I had recently suffered a minor leg injury and thus flight was not an option. The instant my so-called friends fled I produced a concealed switchable knife and brandished it-- the sight of the knife was enough to fend them off.
    Of course, everyone around who had witnessed the quarrel was under the bystander effect, mumbling to one another.

I experienced first-hand how responsible one is for ones own protection and how powerful of an instrument a weapon can be. A common reaction to my story and those of its kind has been the usual knee-jerk "Muh Police" argument, my refutation is as always: Law enforcement is not omnipresent and therefore it's not sufficient for everything.
    Last edited by Útrám; 12-16-2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Redundant title...

Benevolent Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-17-2018 @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Pan-Germania and Spanish Gypsies (Gitanos)
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Taxonomy
    sub-nordic
    Politics
    Co-operative Economics, Direct Democracy
    Hero
    The Absolute
    Religion
    Advaita Vedānta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,469
    Given: 8,126

0 Not allowed!

Well, those random attacks come from nowhere, or seem to spring out of nothing, and something as simple as pepper spray might have saved me when I had been cornered, but UK law forbids the use of pepper spray.

Lettuce, Gruyere, Bacon and Tomato Pride, WorldWide!!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-15-2013 @ 12:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

It's common here where I live. The thing is, Blacks, Muslims, and Asians/brown people only attack when they outnumber their victim at least 6-1, so no amount of self-defense is helpful. I'm a legendary MMA fighter and always used to carry a weapon. Well, I "did", but I snapped one day and used my pocket knife to give some Asian guy the Glasgow smile and had to go through the whole court process... thankfully it didn't effect my Law School acceptance.

Anywho, if you're looking for self-defense, get a weapon. No amount of MMA/krav maga training will be effective. Worry about the consequences after you save yourself/loved ones.

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

0 Not allowed!

Some random dude attacked me out of nowhere on the way to Uni, ended up with his face smashed (I used to box.) 8)
    'It's time to chew ass' - Dick Kickem

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,067
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

None. I have never been attacked, luckily.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhammer View Post
    Some random dude attacked me out of nowhere on the way to Uni, ended up with his face smashed (I used to box.) 8)
    Knife attack? I got a kevlar sleeve I wear under my sweater for when things like that happen. Kevlar is slash resistant.

I also got a kevlar sweater, and an inconspicuous bullet-proof/stab-proof breast plate I wear under my shirt I got from Israel

Also, a Diamond MMA jock/compression shorts.

I live at school which borders a bad neighborhood (nig territory) and have faced some harassment/intimidation so I'm always prepared.

Last Online
    09-21-2014 @ 12:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ugric
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    Hungary
    Politics
    CommonSense
    Religion
    Direct Reality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,197
    Given: 3,880

0 Not allowed!

If you don't look like predator you look like prey. It's as simple as that. Predator rarely attacks another predator, though it happens. So if you don't wanna be prey look like a predator.

Last Online
    03-28-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Czarnian
    Politics
    IRON PILL
    Hero
    Diogenes of Sinope
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,011
    Given: 33,403

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleAtHeart View Post
    Knife attack? I got a kevlar sleeve I wear under my sweater for when things like that happen. Kevlar is slash resistant.

I also got a kevlar sweater, and an inconspicuous bullet-proof/stab-proof breast plate I wear under my shirt I got from Israel

Also, a Diamond MMA jock/compression shorts.

I live at school which borders a bad neighborhood (nig territory) and have faced some harassment/intimidation so I'm always prepared.
    No. I just punched him on the face until I opened his eyebrows and he was spitting blood for some unknow reason, so I got all blood soaked. The guy was taller and heavier than me also. Needless to say, he threatened to find and kill me afterwards.
    'It's time to chew ass' - Dick Kickem

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticwolf View Post
    If you don't look like predator you look like prey. It's as simple as that. Predator rarely attacks another predator, though it happens. So if you don't wanna be prey look like a predator.
    Exactly.

I grew up in a rural area and spent lots of time in the woods so I have been in close contact with wild animals

The only thing animals respect is force and power! Apply this same principal to humans.

The thing is, however, where I live, Africans and Arabs go out of their way to cause trouble, no matter what. They travel in packs of 6-10 like a pride looking for people alone to intimidate. Even if you're an alpha male (like me) they will target you if you're alone.

The best thing is to be prepared.

Tactically, I'm prepared to take on up to 6 people at any range. This brings me lots of confidence. I've physically beat up three sand-nigs at one time (these are generally the weakest people I've ever fought) nigs are a different story and have innate gorilla strength... so a weapon is needed. But I try to stay out of trouble, of course. But if trouble does find me, it will be their fault, not mine.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,067
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhammer View Post
    No. I just punched him on the face until I opened his eyebrows and he was spitting blood for some unknow reason
    You must have knocked out some of his teeth, if he was spitting out blood.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information