Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does your Paternal lineage determine your tribe?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2015 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I2c (descendent of noble Taronites family by STRs)
    mtDNA
    H76 (unknown...)
    Taxonomy
    A Dinarid is watching you
    Religion
    Spartan Greek Goddess Linet
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,008
    Given: 4,802

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Do you have old clan maps like we did? Certain names shared together a similar lineage.

Although some clans swapped children as peace offerings. People adopted a clan for safety or for a show of solidarity & territorial reasons . So not all share Y-dna, but share a cultural bond. So you have clan cheiftains, clans & septs.
    we have a 'rodoslovlje' which shows our originator and all our male relatives. It shows surnames of all, and reveals if they changed. Women on the map are often indicated with asterisks (*).

Durka durka, Mohammad Jihad Philo's Avatar
    Last Online
    09-25-2021 @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Judean
    Ancestry
    J2a-M92
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    J2a-M92
    mtDNA
    J2a-M92
    Taxonomy
    J2a-M92
    Politics
    King Bibi
    Religion
    J2a-M92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,138
    Given: 337

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    Abraham is the father of the jews but he came from modern day Iraq. I doubt his y dna has survived that well. because u should not except all jews to trace their direct paternal line to Abraham. I am sure though his is popular and that eventulley they will find it. Some think they found the Y DNA haplogroup of Aaron brother of Moses click here . It would be awesome if they could find the Y DNA of important people in the Bible who should have alot of direct male descendants like King David and kind Solomon.
    Yeah but Abraham probably did'nt exist. Anyways Jews are ~20% J2 and ~20% J1-P58, that's what I would have expected him to be if he did exist..
    Quote Originally Posted by ZnZn View Post
    On the left, the Middle-East 4000 years ago; On the right, Spain 3000 years ago:
    Arab peace-loving:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    *sigh* The biggest mistake/tragedy that the Spaniards and the Portuguese have ever done was propagating with native Indian and Black women creating useless biracial and triracials in the Americas.

Ask Philo anything you'd like barring obvious troll questions

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-25-2015 @ 04:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    blank
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 153

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Philo View Post
    Yeah but Abraham probably did'nt exist. Anyways Jews are ~20% J2 and ~20% J1-P58, that's what I would have expected him to be if he did exist..
    I gues since ur probably a atheist or just anti christian. That u want to say he did not exist people said the same about king david and the hittites. Compare ths Sumrerian flood and creation story to the one in the bible for 4,000 years they were able to rembmer that story almost word for word through oral tradition and writing. I deifntley think it is possible they rembmer abraham. There is also no doubt in my mind the bible was written when it says it was written. 3,000 year old hebrew texts proves they could write. 3,400 year old egyptien mention of the isrealites proves they existed back then. The fact that writting had existed in mid eastern cultures for over 2,000 years the jews came in existince there is no doubt they had the ability to pass on texts from over 3,000ybp. Then comare it to the ancient greek flood story they are all nearly identical. Also i have looked at flood and creation stories from around the world they show many similarities that i think could not have been recreated. U have to think the fact mayans, Germans, Bantu, Egyptians, Sumerians, Chinese, Australian aboriginals all believe in God. The idea of God was not recreated it is human instinct and why do u think over 200,000 years no one forgot about God maybe because he is very important and very real.

The way the bible talks about Hittites who people thought were a myth till the 1800's(jews were the last to remember them). The Hittites basically went extinct about 3,000 years ago. They did become syro hittites which would be the ones king David knew makes sense since syria is so close to isreal. That is good evidence of the old testaments legitimacy. There is even some evidence they fund the y dna haplogroup of aaron the brother of moses click here. Adarham is very important because he is the person God choose to bring humans around the world back to God and to leave the false Gods. God used his descendants to bring the messiah who then brought tons of people back to God.

Durka durka, Mohammad Jihad Philo's Avatar
    Last Online
    09-25-2021 @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Judean
    Ancestry
    J2a-M92
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    J2a-M92
    mtDNA
    J2a-M92
    Taxonomy
    J2a-M92
    Politics
    King Bibi
    Religion
    J2a-M92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,138
    Given: 337

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Haired View Post
    I gues since ur probably a atheist or just anti christian. That u want to say he did not exist people said the same about king david and the hittites. Compare ths Sumrerian flood and creation story to the one in the bible for 4,000 years they were able to rembmer that story almost word for word through oral tradition and writing. I deifntley think it is possible they rembmer abraham. There is also no doubt in my mind the bible was written when it says it was written. 3,000 year old hebrew texts proves they could write. 3,400 year old egyptien mention of the isrealites proves they existed back then. The fact that writting had existed in mid eastern cultures for over 2,000 years the jews came in existince there is no doubt they had the ability to pass on texts from over 3,000ybp. Then comare it to the ancient greek flood story they are all nearly identical. Also i have looked at flood and creation stories from around the world they show many similarities that i think could not have been recreated. U have to think the fact mayans, Germans, Bantu, Egyptians, Sumerians, Chinese, Australian aboriginals all believe in God. The idea of God was not recreated it is human instinct and why do u think over 200,000 years no one forgot about God maybe because he is very important and very real.

The way the bible talks about Hittites who people thought were a myth till the 1800's(jews were the last to remember them). The Hittites basically went extinct about 3,000 years ago. They did become syro hittites which would be the ones king David knew makes sense since syria is so close to isreal. That is good evidence of the old testaments legitimacy. There is even some evidence they fund the y dna haplogroup of aaron the brother of moses click here. Adarham is very important because he is the person God choose to bring humans around the world back to God and to leave the false Gods. God used his descendants to bring the messiah who then brought tons of people back to God.
    LOL. I'm not anti-Christian. I'm not denying the bible, I'm only denying some parts of it as historically inaccuarate. For example, the parts that talk about the Judeas fighting the Assyrians are obviously true, but they're from ~700 BCE. Abraham's period is not sure as it is, and we don't have definite proof about the exodus story. I only trust the bible beggining at King David. Anythnig before that is fiction for me.
    Btw here's the mention of Israel from 1200 BCE that you tlaked about:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah_Stele
    Quote Originally Posted by ZnZn View Post
    On the left, the Middle-East 4000 years ago; On the right, Spain 3000 years ago:
    Arab peace-loving:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    *sigh* The biggest mistake/tragedy that the Spaniards and the Portuguese have ever done was propagating with native Indian and Black women creating useless biracial and triracials in the Americas.

Ask Philo anything you'd like barring obvious troll questions

Last Online
    05-08-2014 @ 11:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    East_Euro-American
    Ancestry
    Latgale (Aglona); Ukraine (Korsun).
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Y-DNA
    N1c1, L591+
    mtDNA
    I1a1a
    Taxonomy
    Balto-CM+Sub-Nordic
    Politics
    Family
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 105

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 7eleven View Post
    Does your Y Dna or Paternal lineage determine what tribe you are a member of?
    Not yet, may be in the future, but at least one of the tribe in the picture for sure. I don't know yet which one.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-27-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, Litvin Polish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,491
    Given: 6,009

0 Not allowed!

My answer would be "yes, but one's most recent admixture can add heavy modifiers"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information