Scrap metal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 149

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ćmeric View Post
    I prefer Wendy's myself.
    So do i....
    Have you noticed that if you rearrange the letters in ‘illegal immigrants’, and add just a few more letters, it spells, ‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-f*****g raghead c***s with you.?

Last Online
    03-01-2011 @ 09:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Irish-Scots
    Country
    Scotland
    Politics
    British Nationalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I have only just seen this! LOL

I just wrote this for my blog (sans images):

Black McHistory Month
    Astonishing! Click on the image below and see for yourself:

WHAT IS 365BLACK?

At McDonald's®, we believe that African-American culture and achievement should be celebrated 365 days a year — not just during Black History Month. That's the idea behind 365Black.com. It's a place where you can learn more about education, employment, career advancement and entrepreneurship opportunities, and meet real people whose lives have been touched by McDonald's. Plus, you can also have a chance to win exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. So make sure you visit often — you just might get inspired.

Like the unique African Baobab tree, which nourishes its community with its leaves and fruit, McDonald's has branched out to the African-American community nourishing it with valuable programs and opportunities.

Black History Month has always been something of an enigma to me. I don't mean to be unkind, but what have black people achieved of significance?

Who is the black equivalent of Sir Isaac Newton?

Newton has been regarded for almost 300 years as the founding examplar of modern physical science, his achievements in experimental investigation being as innovative as those in mathematical research. With equal, if not greater, energy and originality he also plunged into chemistry, the early history of Western civilization, and theology; among his special studies was an investigation of the form and dimensions, as described in the Bible, of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem.

Or Thomas Edison, who registered 1,093 patents and is accredited with inventing 'the first machine that could record and reproduce sound' and 'an electric lighting system that contained all the elements necessary to make the incandescent light practical, safe, and economical'?

Or William Shakespeare, the most quoted poet in history? Or Dickens, Alexander Graham Bell, Elgar, Mozart and, countless more explorers, inventors, authors and pioneers. What is the Sub-Saharan African equivalent of St. Paul's Cathedral or the Palace of Westminster?

I am still not convinced that this isn't an elaborate joke, to be perfectly honest. McDonalds has long had a reputation for serving cheap junk food and hence in the modern vernacular anything prefixed with 'Mc' is thought to be inferior. Take 'McDegree' or 'McDojo'. The Urban Dictionary has a slightly different definition, but you get the idea:

Black McHistory Month

Kind of appropriate, really!

http://www.365black.com/365black/whatis.jsp
    Last edited by British and Proud; 09-06-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Last Online
    12-04-2022 @ 10:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Ancestry
    Moravia+Silesia+Bohemia=Czechia
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a (R-M512)
    mtDNA
    V (V7a)
    Taxonomy
    Europithecus
    Politics
    of the all azimuths
    Hero
    Viktor Mihály Orbán
    Religion
    ČCE
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 4,545

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Liffrea View Post
    Sorry to highjack the thread, but this is interesting if folks haven't seen it:

McDonald’s marketing comes under fire for ‘racist’ jibe

McDonald’s is facing a backlash against a new campaign with allegations of racism.

The work is operating in the Japanese market and features a geeky white foreigner called, Mr James, who speaks in broken Japanese and generally acts like a bit of a twit.

He’s presented as a fan of Japanese culture and people. But he reserves his true excitement for McDonald’s menu.

In addition to TV, the campaign involves strategically placed life size cardboard cut outs of the character and a blog where he writes about his experiences while touring the country.

http://www.utalkmarketing.com/pages/...%E2%80%99_jibe
    It reminds me an inverted campaign made for McDs, addressed to foreign visitors of Prague

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information