Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Russia goes to European Council to protest against Racism in Latvia and Estonia

Last Online
    03-04-2014 @ 12:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    uralic
    Ethnicity
    estonian
    Ancestry
    estonians all the way down
    Country
    Estonia
    Taxonomy
    european uralic
    Politics
    conservative-liberal nationalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 303

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugevit View Post
    If most Russians attend Russian schools in Estonia which are private, then I can't see how Estonia can get any credit.
    There are very little russian language private schools at present, if at all.
    The point I made previously, is that russians in Estonia have been given the world's best russian language primary education in municipal schools, but almost everywhere else in the world that task is left for private schools. The present school reform still retains the russian language municipal schools, but the share of classes in estonian language has to be 60% at the secondary education (gymnasium) level.
    And those who are not happy will have to make do with private gymnasiums.

Last Online
    03-04-2014 @ 12:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    uralic
    Ethnicity
    estonian
    Ancestry
    estonians all the way down
    Country
    Estonia
    Taxonomy
    european uralic
    Politics
    conservative-liberal nationalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 303

0 Not allowed!

Oh, so you mean that there have been years when Russia's GDP has been as large as Estonia's?
    GDP is just the first partial derivative of wealth.
    And (unfortunately), not all is measured in money.

But if you continue to believe that Russia and russians are richer than Estonia and estonians, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RussiaPrussia View Post
    Russian manufacturing is almost the same % like estonia and even above uk and us who are supposed to be more ''diversified''.
    Manufacturing alone certainly doesn't show a level of diversification.

Norway and arabia are clearly under russia, you just dont get that russia has a huge export surplus for delivering natural resources. So it always looks like russian economy is dependent on resources if people say something like 70% of their exports are resources in comparison to countries which have a trade deficit that dont have natural resources.
    Estonia had trade deficit and current account deficit in the fast growth years. It hasn't happened since 2008. Both are in surplus.

The dollar is also clearly winning to the euro,
    I don't know, USD is kinda cheap at the moment.
    There are ups and downs.

the euro will collapse so i dont know why you said that russia is a dollar economy like its less worth to estonia which is a euro economy you said.
    I just corrected you. You claimed that Russia is an euro economy. If you meant just European economy, then that is also not entirely correct, because most of the resource money comes from Siberia, which is not in Europe.

Russias economy is more complexe and diversified than australia this here says, and estonia is not far away
    I don't know on which way to read these results, but it looks like Russia is far from top and below Estonia.
    And btw, is that diversification index calibrated to account for the size of the state?

Russia is more nordic than you, saint petersburg is more nordic it alone has more people than Finland or your country.
    St. Petersburg is not more nordic, and it won't become more nordic especially if you relocate all russians into St. Petersburg.
    Frankly, your base of comparison is ridiculous.

It has also a much higher living standard than estonia.
    One is a metropol city, the other is a small state.
    Why don't you compare Estonia to the Pskov oblast?

And cultural i would also say that Finland and greece belong to eastern europe too, i allready explained why in my thread.
    I can understand Greece, but not Finland.

funny isnt it you said russians in estonia are poor and dumb, funny how they own offshore money in Cyprus.
    I didn't say russians in Estonia are poor. I also didn't say russians in Estonia are dumb. I said that they are brighter than the Russian average. But the Russian offshore money in Cyprus has many different owners, certainly not the ordinary russian folk in Estonia.

Estonia has huge problems its unemployment is 10% russia on the other hand has 6%, most estonians are leaving the country. There are so many more things better in russia.
    Unemployment is more among those russians who do not speak estonian.
    Also, I think your stats are outdated, the unemployment figures change very quickly in Estonia. It should be lower by now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information