Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony O'Blair - The finest Irishman that ever lived.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Talking Tony O'Blair - The finest Irishman that ever lived.

The young O'Blairs... Former Prime Minister's children have Irish passports, thanks to their grandmother

Tony Blair's four children have Irish citizenship – with at least one, Kathryn, using her Eire passport to travel.

The revelation came from Cherie Blair on a TV chat show, when she said Kathryn, Euan, Nicky and Leo had Irish passports through their grandmother, Tony’s mother Hazel.

‘She came from a Protestant family, but from Ireland, and it’s because of her that my four children all have Irish passports,’ Mrs Blair told Irish TV’s The Late Late Show

She said Kathryn had red hair ‘like her grandmother’, adding: ‘Whenever she travels on Ryanair, she always takes her Irish passport.’

Mrs Blair also put her father actor Tony Booth’s charm down to ‘our Irish background’.

Hazel, daughter of Orangeman George Corscadden, was born above the family grocery store in Ballyshannon, County Donegal.

Her death from cancer at 52 in the mid-Seventies while Tony was studying at Oxford is said to have had a profound influence on his ambitions and attitude towards the Troubles.

The Blair children can be Irish citizens irrespective of their parents’ nationality. They also have British passports. Their parents have only British passports.

Mrs Blair has also told Italian paper La Repubblica that Nicky and Kathryn were taunted at school over their father’s decision to send troops into Iraq in 2003 to stop Saddam developing weapons of mass destruction.

‘They had some really difficult moments at school. Everybody called their father a liar,’ she said.

She added that her worst experience at No10 was her miscarriage in 2002. ‘Two years after Leo was born, at 47 I was newly pregnant and I lost the baby,’ she said.

‘We were about to go on holiday and Alistair Campbell called and asked for a statement to explain why the holiday had been cancelled. We had to tell the truth as otherwise there would have been speculation we were divorcing.’

She denied being the driving force behind Tony’s conversion to Catholicism in 2007, though ten days ago Mr Blair told a religious conference: ‘Frankly, this all began with my wife.’

Mrs Blair also told British Airways’ in-flight magazine that a disappointment was never launching a warship.

‘My grandfather was a merchant seaman and it is one of my regrets,’ she said.

The nearest she got was launching the ferry Pride of Hull in 2001.
    Source

Son of an Irish woman and son of a Scotsman. I never knew he was half-Irish. It goes along way to understanding why he loved holding onto that lovely British flag and held no emotion in destroying England.

Last edited by Beorn; 09-07-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Picardie
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

I remember our old friend masty calling him "Tone B'Liar".

Is that common in England ?
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I've never read it with an apostrophe, but he does get called Bliar, so knowing that he is half-Irish/Half-Scottish, it makes sense to do that now.

Last Online
    04-18-2015 @ 01:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

It does indeed explain why he was able to betray Britain by selling the country down the river to the EU and releasing all those murdering IRA scum

Real men drink real ale.

Stumble Inn

Last Online
    08-21-2010 @ 01:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    NW Euro-blend
    Ancestry
    Irish, Scottish, English, German
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Meritocracy
    Religion
    folkish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wat Tyler View Post
    Source

Son of an Irish woman and son of a Scotsman. I never knew he was half-Irish. It goes along way to understanding why he loved holding onto that lovely British flag and held no emotion in destroying England.
    Wouldn't you say that had more to do with his jumping on the old kill-your-heritage-path-to-acceptance bandwagon than his Irish/Scots roots? Being a Z-ist patsy will take a politician much farther than just being an anti-Brit.

But we're agreed: scum he is.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andorran View Post
    Wouldn't you say that had more to do with his jumping on the old kill-your-heritage-path-to-acceptance bandwagon than his Irish/Scots roots?
    It could well be. But I like to think he had other motives to boot. (I prefer the loosely factual conspiracies I'm afraid)

Under Blair the Scottish and the Northern Irish (one side more than the other, obviously) all enjoyed a freedom from Number 10 than ever before, whilst the English were burdened with paying the bills and being vehemently denied the right to self identity by both Blair and his Scots/Welsh/Jew cronies.

It is no coincidence then, that his Scottish father was abandoned by his two English parents to be brought up. I think it is the table talk of his father which seeped into that Devils heart and made Tony Blair so derisive of the English people.

Last Online
    04-18-2015 @ 01:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    British
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andorran View Post
    Wouldn't you say that had more to do with his jumping on the old kill-your-heritage-path-to-acceptance bandwagon than his Irish/Scots roots? Being a Z-ist patsy will take a politician much farther than just being an anti-Brit.

But we're agreed: scum he is.
    Yes. Although the Irish heritage certainly had a great deal to do with him selling out to the IRA.

Real men drink real ale.

Stumble Inn

Banned
    Last Online
    07-08-2013 @ 12:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Anarcho-Stalinist Agrarian Commienazism ★♨☭卐
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Source

Its absolutely amazing you can say this considering your personal circumstances

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Troll's Puzzle View Post
    Its absolutely amazing you can say this considering your personal circumstances
    Please do explain.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-08-2013 @ 12:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germ-manic
    Ethnicity
    Eurotrash Girl
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Essex
    Politics
    Anarcho-Stalinist Agrarian Commienazism ★♨☭卐
    Religion
    ☠ Death Eaterism ☠
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Please do explain.
    never knew he was half-Irish. It goes along way to understanding why he loved holding onto that lovely British flag and held no emotion in destroying England.
    What ethnic makeup are your children, mr strict regional english nationalist?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information