Quote Originally Posted by Peyrol View Post
    Heavy threatened/Nearly extinc:

-Corsican
    -Mirandès
    -Genovese and levant Ligurian
    -Emilian
    -Rumagnòl

-Juife (piemontese-judean language)
    -Savoyarde and Genevieve Arpitàm (Franco-Provençal)
    -Istriot
    -Venetian istriot
    -Aromanian
    -Istro-Romanian
    -Mexican venetian (chipileno).
    Really? I've been to Emilia and I heard a young couple using the dialect. I thought it was Russian, but latter I discovered it was Emiliano. Wierd dialect, btw

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Realista View Post
    Really? I've been to Emilia and I heard a young couple using the dialect. I thought it was Russian, but latter I discovered it was Emiliano. Wierd dialect, btw
    Yes sometimes people still use the language, but it's nearly dead...for example i never heard personally the spoken the language.

It's very strange btw.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-16-2014 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Brasil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Yes sometimes people still use the language, but it's nearly dead...for example i never heard personally the spoken the language.

It's very strange btw.
    Yeah, I was in the interior of Bologna province, this is where I heard it.

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Well, it's official.

Piedmont approved the teaching of the Langue d'Oc in the primary and secondary schools of Cuneo province.

Last Online
    11-05-2014 @ 04:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    What?
    Ancestry
    :D :D :D
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 120

0 Not allowed!

Extinct:

- Dalmatian (last speaker dead in 1898)
    - Venetian-cypriot
    - Ionian venetian
    - Crimean ligurian
    - Tuscan judean
    - Roman Judean
    - Montenegrin/Crnagoran venetian
    - North african romance (early middle ages)
    - Pannonian (early middle ages)
    - Morlac (balkano-romance, middle ages)
    - Romano-britannic (early middle ages)
    - Rioplatense tuscan
    - Panamese ligurian
    Mozarabic needs to be added to the list.

Peyrol

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xochi View Post
    Mozarabic needs to be added to the list.
    Yep i missed many languages even in the potentially threatened as galician...the galaxy of the romance languages is too huge, it's easy to forget something ahaha

Todos contra nos Y nos contra todos Empecinado's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-15-2022 @ 10:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,867
    Given: 4,236

2 Not allowed!

BNG, the Galician nationalist party wants to change the Galician culture in order it can fit with their ideology. This party gets most of votes from "intelectual" liberals and working class from cities whom are Spanish speakers so they decided to invent a new "normative" Galician that no one speaks. This "Galician", now the official one, replaced the old linguistic rules and forces all the civil servants to pass exams on it.

People who have kept the Galician during the years when it was frowned upon and considered to be low-class language, the people from villages and coastal areas, now are seeing how "intellectuals" correct them and tell them how they have to speak Galician properly. For example there are cases of native Galician speakers who need to take classes on Galician language to pass the exam to enter in a civil servant job really surrealist and retarded.

Peyrol

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Empecinado View Post
    BNG, the Galician nationalist party wants to change the Galician culture in order it can fit with their ideology. This party gets most of votes from "intelectual" liberals and working class from cities whom are Spanish speakers so they decided to invent a new "normative" Galician that no one speaks. This "Galician", now the official one, replaced the old linguistic rules and forces all the civil servants to pass exams on it.

People who have kept the Galician during the years when it was frowned upon and considered to be low-class language, the people from villages and coastal areas, now are seeing how "intellectuals" correct them and tell them how they have to speak Galician properly. For example there are cases of native Galician speakers who need to take classes on Galician language to pass the exam to enter in a civil servant job really surrealist and retarded.
    Is that real...?

And what did they changed in the standarization?

Maybe they're just following what happened to catalan in XIX and XX century, but the situation is very different...

Todos contra nos Y nos contra todos Empecinado's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-15-2022 @ 10:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,867
    Given: 4,236

0 Not allowed!

Is that real...?

And what did they changed in the standarization?

Maybe they're just following what happened to catalan in XIX and XX century, but the situation is very different...
    The "normative" Galician is not a standarization but rather a new language, looks like a pseudo-Portuguese, with words that Galicians have never used. If you talk to a Galician villager using this invented language, besides he won't understand, either will get angry or will laugh at you. Portuguese neither understand it. Only perrogaitas, university teachers and separatist politicians speak it, all subsidized with public money.

El gallego normativo es incomprensible hasta para los propios gallegos. Es de chiste. Se trata de un gallego inventado, en el que gran parte de las palabras no las entiende la población. Se conocen gracias a repetirlas machaconamente la televisión autonómica. El gallego que quieren imponer no lo fabrican los gallegos con el uso, sino los organismos oficiales de la Xunta. Ese idioma no es el que habla la gente. Así que cuando vienen a la aldea los estudiantes de Santiago, con su gallego de laboratorio, la gente de aquí se ríe y dice: “Mira que ben fala o alemán o señorito” [“Mira qué bien habla el alemán el señorito”].

- Así es. El primer objetivo del aparto político lingüístico de la Xunta es buscar siempre una palabra distinta y muy diferenciada del español. Si tienen que dar una vuelta de tuerca, lo hacen. Si no encuentran el término suficientemente diferenciado, entonces buscan en la lengua portuguesa. La televisión comienza a repetir el término y, aunque la gente no lo utilice, al cabo de un tiempo lo entiende porque lo ha ido asimilando por el contexto en el que lo emplean los locutores. Por ejemplo, en Galicia nunca se ha utilizado la palabra ‘estrada’ (‘carretera’ en portugués), pero nos la imponen cada día. Y así cientos de palabras.

http://www.lavozlibre.com/noticias/a...opios-gallegos

Peyrol

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Empecinado View Post
    The "normative" Galician is not a standarization but rather a new language, looks like a pseudo-Portuguese, with words that Galicians have never used. If you talk to a Galician villager using this invented language, besides he won't understand, either will get angry or will laugh at you. Portuguese neither understand it. Only perrogaitas, university teachers and separatist politicians speak it, all subsidized with public money.

http://www.lavozlibre.com/noticias/a...opios-gallegos
    Aahahahahahaha that's absolutely ridiculous.

So basically they tried some kind of ''depuration'' from castillanisms adding random pseudo-portuguese invented words.

Mira qué bien habla el alemán el señorito
    ^
    ahahahahahahahahahah

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information