Nordic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Russians are prone to alcoholism because of Mongoloid genes

Russian alcoholism and the "Mongoloid gene"

Jeremy Page:

SCIENTISTS researching cures for alcoholism and hangovers say that they have found a genetic link between Russians’ traditional weakness for drink and the marauding Mongol armies of Genghis Khan.

As many as 50 per cent of Muscovites are estimated to have inherited Mongol genes that make them absorb more alcohol into the bloodstream and break it down at a slower rate than most Europeans, they say.

That means that they get more drunk and have worse hangovers, and are more likely to become addicted to alcohol, given Russia’s taste for vodka, its harsh climate and the social and economic chaos after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

“The difference is huge — in reaction speed, memory, hand tremor — and in how they recover,” Vladimir Nuzhny, of the Health Ministry’s National Narcology Research Centre, said. “On average, 50 per cent of people in Moscow have this Mongoloid gene. So this, we think, is part of the problem.”

As part of the study, the scientists paid 12 volunteer students to drink 350 grams, about a third of a bottle, of vodka in an hour, and then monitored their behaviour.

“That’s a lot by Western standards, but it’s normal for Russia,” Dr Nuzhny told The Times. “At first they thought it was great, because they were being paid to drink, but after a while they realised it was more like work.”

The intoxicated students had to perform a series of tests, including answering questionnaires and playing rally-driving computer games, and they were breathalysed at regular intervals. The scientists even measured their ability to stand up straight.

After sleeping off the effects in a dormitory at the laboratory — which had a karaoke machine — the students were given a slap-up breakfast before doing more tests to measure their hangovers. The study showed that those with the Mongol genes absorbed 50 per cent more alcohol into the bloodstream at peak levels and metabolised it much more slowly than the other students.

“The way they get drunk is completely different. They are also more likely to feel aggressive or depressed,” Dr Nuzhny said. “They do not necessarily look Mongolian, but the gene that governs how they metabolise alcohol is Mongoloid.”

The Mongols swept across Asia and Russia and into Europe in the 13th century and ruled Russia for two centuries. Inter-marriage with the Slavs and other ethnic groups was common.
    Scientists have long known that people of Mongol extraction, including Chinese, Koreans and Japanese, have an enzyme for metabolising alcohol that is different from that of Caucasian Europeans.

Dr Nuzhny claims that his study is the first to look at the effect of alcohol on Russians who have inherited Mongol genes. He says that the phenomenon can be explained partly by evolution. The nomadic Mongols, whose only indigenous form of alcohol was fermented mare’s milk, evolved with a different enzyme from the settled Europeans, with their long tradition of producing stronger grape and grain-based alcohol.

Dr Nuzhny’s research is partly funded by pharmaceutical companies trying to develop drugs to cure hangovers and alcoholism.

Russans drink about 15 litres of pure alcohol a head each year, one of the highest rates in the world, and by some estimates one in seven Russians are alcoholics. Alcohol is largely to blame for a fall in life expectancy to less than 59 since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,034

0 Not allowed!

It's members like you who create internet characters like Hors. I've been on these fora for many years. In the early years there was so much Russian-bashing it was absolutely unbelievable. I joined in with it too. These days I regret what I have done back then.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Mystic Oracle of Nordicist Purity ikki's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-27-2012 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aldebaran
    Ethnicity
    Finnswede
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It's members like you who create internet characters like Hors. I've been on these fora for many years. In the early years there was so much Russian-bashing it was absolutely unbelievable. I joined in with it too. These days I regret what I have done back then.
    Russians are like that everywhere... while still under the effect of russian "culture".

case in point: they just set up a festival for "driving out the occupying fascists" in occupied karelia. There is no question at all in history which peoples had been living there the last several thousands of years.
    As a finnish historian put it, nothing to worry about, its just the way russian history HAS to be written over there. No criticism allowed at all, they have a law on it!

The end result is a population pompous and full of selfpity and envy. And completely incapable of taking any kind of critique.
    So when finns present facts like that it was the soviets that started the winter war, that no russians were injured by the mystery artillery strikes, that the mystery attack came from the soviet side of the border... and struck a empty field..... they go completely nuts.

And being a race of unsurpassed actors, storytellers and liars... their whining is heard far and wide.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ikki View Post

And [Russians] being a race of unsurpassed actors, storytellers and liars... their whining is heard far and wide.
    Let's do a test. Compare:

Quote Originally Posted by Hors

And [Finns] being a race of unsurpassed actors, storytellers and liars... their whining is heard far and wide.
    I know it's a silly comparison, but I'm trying to be fair here. Are both remarks equally offensive, or the one more than the other? Or am I being too objective here? Can one be too objective?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aldebaran
    Ethnicity
    Finnswede
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You can begin by studying the deeds and words of each race.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ikki View Post
    You can begin by studying the deeds and words of each race.
    There is no such thing as a "Russian race". Many Russians have Finnic blood too.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

I already posted this here.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Faroes
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 747
    Given: 368

0 Not allowed!

Finnic/Baltic-bashing is more common here, then Russian-bashing. This is a free speech forum and I have already accepted the fact that Hors bashes Finnics daily. The numerous threads that he has created proves that. Most active poster in the Baltic section was... Hors.

If you allow extremely controversial threads about Finnics and dozens of them. Then why can't a Finn post a thread about Russians? Blaming MotörheadRememberMe for "creating internet characters like Hors" is just silly. Hors has been posting anti-Finnic threads/posts since he became a member of this forum. Without any Finnic member agitating him.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aldebaran
    Ethnicity
    Finnswede
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There is no such thing as a "Russian race". Many Russians have Finnic blood too.
    oh yes there is, just as only a part of the population there are russians. Note however that thay have rarely been ruled by one of their own... and never with success.

It is a multiracial empire, wherein the named group has been granted a long list of special rights. And certainly one can enter it, like any imperial identity.. but it is also very much a race. Even the russians themselves speak of there being a hundred nations within. Held captive -but thats just my nationalist view.

We can wish that one day it all comes down and that the enslaved populations therein can find their own states and freedom.

Who Dares Wins
    Last Online
    05-27-2010 @ 06:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I already posted this here.
    This BS was posted and refuted here many a time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information