R-L21
    mtDNA
    V7a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 883

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Elms View Post
    That's really cool! I didn't even expect them to be living in the US. Do they have any religion centers?
    I didnt really expect it either! And theres none that I know of

New Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-26-2014 @ 05:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mandean
    Ethnicity
    Mandean
    Country
    Vatican
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1

4 Not allowed!

Amazing discussion by all you guys, many speculations on our ancestry, which I do appreciate from the crowd. I wonder if I can be of face value to any speculations or thoughts regarding Mandaens as I am 100% devoted to my faith. I wouldn't call myself religious, because as I am not, but rather regard religion as a means to an end. Where this is the only bond that keeps our remnants together, as we are currently scattered around the world facing extinction in many atheist countries, driven out of Mesopotamia after more than 2000 years of heritage by a tyrant only to be faced by another "Modernization", which struck my community as a suckling babe just opening their eyes to a new world. Accordingly, many Mandaens are converting to other religions. But in terms of origin, my studies have led me to believe that we do have very strong Jewish origins. Evidence to this is the relationship between Jesus and John the Baptist, which were both originally Jews. However not the rabbinic Jews. That literally is the basis of the whole story of crucifixion, because the man had ancestry to David and claimed the throne of Judea, thus the words INRI. I could trace my community back to the Essenes, although I do lack the evidence to this, however if this could be proven probably this can be the golden link to old Judaism origins and ancestry of my people to its original roots in the region and probably save whatever remains of my people from extinction. It is my strong believe as well that while John was baptizing in the river Jordan, this was done to converting Jews crossing the river to be baptized into a new faith, this most naturally would enrage the Rabbis and I do strongly sympathize with that as well. But for some reason or the other the community was driven out due to political dispute with Rabbis at the time, now this raises many questions that I cannot answer nor do I even have the slightest idea of. But I can shed light on many similarities and circumstances such as our holy men are called Nazarenes and laymen are called Mandeans, hence there is a strong distinction between the two as Mandeans are considered the laymen of this small extinct religion. Nazarenes did live in Nazareth, but what I am lacking to understand now, how were they driven out of this region to settle in the southern region of Mesopotamia, furthermore I do personally believe that Mandaens and Nazarenes were driven out of the region even prior to this exodus by Gilgamesh and were brought back as slaves to Babylon and at a later stage these two fractions of the same faith reunited in Babylon, because we do not accept non-Mandeans into our faith. If we were to accept the theory that they are the original Essenes then probably the reason of why they left the holy land and hid all the scripts can be only answered by far more learned scholars than myself that do have access to the scrolls and the writings. Please keep in mind that Mandeans are very keen on detail and would have documented these facts word for word, one of our holy scrolls does speak of a battle, where many Mandeans fall at mount Madai (Unknown location to myself). I hope this does shed some light on our origins, keep in mind my writings are all my speculations and do not represent those of the community.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ethnicity
    German & Romanian
    Ancestry
    Germanic, Slavic, Thracian
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    conservative
    Hero
    Gunnar from Njall's Saga
    Religion
    atheist
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,481
    Given: 9,778

0 Not allowed!

What they look like is ancient Mesopotamians descending from pre-Semitic peoples inhabiting the Fertile Crescent. They are VERY different from Iranians and VERY unpassable as well.

Last Online
    05-24-2022 @ 11:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    none
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 1,015

0 Not allowed!

according to MDLP K23b Admixture Proportions i cluster with mandeans the most, more than i cluster with what i am.

Veteran Member ZephyrousMandaru's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-10-2023 @ 03:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Ancestry
    Mesopotamia (Iraq)
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1
    mtDNA
    U1a3
    Religion
    None (Atheist/Irreligious)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 654
    Given: 447

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
    according to MDLP K23b Admixture Proportions i cluster with mandeans the most, more than i cluster with what i am.
    What is your ethnicity?

Banned
    Last Online
    11-21-2021 @ 05:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mediterranean, Germanic, Slavic, Near Eastern
    Ancestry
    Southern Italian, Ashkenazi, Italkim, German, Swedish, English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Slovak, Hung
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Carolina
    Y-DNA
    I-M253
    mtDNA
    H6c
    Taxonomy
    MINARDID
    Politics
    Independent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,481
    Given: 2,716

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglojew View Post
    Interesting. So you don't think it's specifically Mandean in my case?
    I show up 25% Mandean too! LOL! We must have similar results. I was 75% British 25% Mandean.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information